Servers Down?

I have always wanted to give this game a try, and its on sale as part of the superhero bundle this week on psn. But I heard a lot of games servers went down along with Gamespy back in May. I couldn't find any conclusive evidence this game was shut down though. Does anyone know? The plat looks pretty easy and it would be a shame if it was now unobtainable. 

• Like 1

Yes but there hardly seems any point of going for trophys now since the game is no longer being supported and the platinum is now unachiveable. I may pick it up anyway and play it on a alternate account.

Yeah the servers are down :(

It's sad to see this game go, I know it didn't have gore which is odd for a MK game and caused a lot of people to dislike the game. This is one of the only games that I've platinumed that I've enjoyed every single minute of it, because there is no (or should I say was) single boring trophy in this game.

I found Kombo Challenges to be one of my favourite game modes from any game ever, and I hope they bring them back in the same fashion for MK 10.

• Like 1

Yes but there hardly seems any point of going for trophys now since the game is no longer being supported and the platinum is now unachiveable. I may pick it up anyway and play it on a alternate account.

Yes because playing games for fun has no point!

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I remember buying the steel case special edition on Ebay, as soon as it arrived I did the online. I went in the online and there was like 5 people playing so I made sure I didn't stop till I got the trophies done. I was cutting it close tho since the online server shut down less than 1 month after I was finished. I think they officially closed on July 16th

In terms of that link it's wrong. Many of those games didn't close with Gamespy. Type in MK vs DCU online closure and it will confirm July not May 31. I started in June and it was up then. MK 9 also didn't go down on ps3

Here is the real link https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/13857-which-online-game-servers-arewill-shut-down/

Edited by AbyssRex

• 5 months later...

I emailed Warner Bros Games and asked if they could replace online lobbies with AI fights we could play in a lobby instead the lobbies would count towards the online trophies making the platinum possible. I'm sure if enough of us did this they may take it into consideration. 

Would also be nice to see MAG do that seeing as the disc is useless now.

Well its foolish for game companies to shut their online down. I'm going to call them when they're available and talk to someone rather than getting replies from some bot in my email. If they did this i'm sure it'd increase their sales and more people would start playing again. Its a rather big annoyance doing all kombo challenges and not being able to get platinum to show for it. I couldn't game for days because my fingers were so blistered from doing them -_-

Because you're a dedicated 100% Gamer? I doubt, you have Resistance 2 and still a few onlines left, so wheres the problem to start a game then again with unobtainables? No final reward? 

Or maybe because the servers go down after a while making them pointless as MP games...

But you were too busy thinking about 100%'s for that, right?

• Like 3

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Must've played this game from a relative copy or something...only had 5/43 trophies and I didnt even perform a fatality...lol Its too bad servers are down, but I doubt Ill plat this anyways.

Luckily its only a 5$ game on ebay. Guess Ill grab a copy just for giggles.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 10/02/2020 at 1:36 AM, AceMonkey87 said:

So how is all these people getting the online trophies in 2020 1f606.png

They did the clever thing of getting the online trophies done 9 years ago when the game came out!

Its times like these I wish I had sense to get them done asap ☹️

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...