The Sims 2 free for everybody until end of July

LeeMcD-

It's maybe on Origin, but its fucking Sims 2 with all it's expansion packs.. hell ya I'm downloading that.  I just kind of hope it's still easy enough to mod, I hate they took that out of The Sims 3 (well, I don't think they took it out, just never made it as accessible as they did with Sims 2).

Downloading it now, just a warning to anyone interested, The Sims 2 is a 12 GB download.

Slightly Off-topic: Peggle is also free via Origin, until August 6th.

Thanks for the Peggle info. I just picked it up and finally found a free PC game I wanted to play.

I tend to use Origin for just all the free stuff, so I'll grab this one even though I most likely won't be playing it. Especially since they're only giving out the Windows version.

Downloading it now, just a warning to anyone interested, The Sims 2 is a 12 GB download.

Warning? Oh right, you third world Americans with your download caps  :giggle:

I'll avoid, I hate Origin.

I wonder how many of these "Origin is teh suck" people have actually even bothered to try it? Sure the launch wasn't that great, but anyone remember Steam back in early 2000? Yeah, thought so...

Honestly, Origin works nicely and download speeds are top notch. Sure I prefer Steam myself as well, and this type of fragmentation is not really nice, but there's really no technical fault in Origin.

• Like 2

I'm Australian actually, and I'd say it is quite valid for me to word it the way I did, are you aware of how slow download speeds are here? 

I recall reading something about 5mbps average in the past, so overnight download would most likely suffice.

Don't take it so hard.

I wonder how many of these "Origin is teh suck" people have actually even bothered to try it??

I didn't say that Origin is "teh suck", I said that I will avoid this deal because I dislike Origin in my personal opinion. I do own an Origin account and some games therefore I have tried it.

"Start by downloading and installing..."

I call shenanigans and give a hearty NAY.

Or read the full thing

...If you’re already an Origin member, you can also redeem your code online. Just visit the Origin code redemption page and log in to your Origin Account...

PGK4YBP.png

Do it or don't. No point complaining about ea when they're actually doing something nice. It's Origin, so what?

• Like 1

Normally I would say you can get this for free on the Internet... BUT The Sims 2 with all expansions... Can be found but is really great, I never download the expansions so I will try it for the 1st time. Thanks. Really thank you for give this news to everyone here.

But this seems to have a problem in the code that Origins gives.

The solution for this problem if anyone have it is by asking a new code at EA support, but beware, many people have been doing that so you'll have to wait a LONG time. I had to wait for about an hour but now it's working fine.

Don't you mean Sims 2.5? The game is a joke, removing everything so you'll have to pay money for it in some stupid dlc. They freaking removed toddlers and pools!

Lol I haven't been too much in the loop as far as Sims games for a few years now, but I have heard about the toddlers and pools thing, that sure sucks.