How long is battery suppose to last ?

Tomoko Kuroki

I just got a vita few days ago, I played it once, it lasted a bit over 4 hours, and after I recharged it, I played 1 hour and the battery was already half way. I'm gonna continue the batteries life right now and give updates if necessary, I just want to know how long its suppose to last in general.   I have a nintendo DS and the battery in that last a LONG time, I can play over 10 hours EASILY, and this is after YEARS and years.

Also when the light was red, I thought I would get a battery sign in game but it doesnt happen, so I just press ps button once in awhile to check the batter.

I just got a vita few days ago, I played it once, it lasted a bit over 4 hours, and after I recharged it, I played 1 hour and the battery was already half way. I'm gonna continue the batteries life right now and give updates if necessary, I just want to know how long its suppose to last in general.   I have a nintendo DS and the battery in that last a LONG time, I can play over 10 hours EASILY, and this is after YEARS and years.

Also when the light was red, I thought I would get a battery sign in game but it doesnt happen, so I just press ps button once in awhile to check the batter.

It will help if you play it in Flight Mode, unless you are playing online.  There is no point to playing the Vita with WiFi etc running if you aren't.  Make sure to close background apps and it's always best if you are switching it off, don't just leave it in standby, turn it off completely.

You don't get a battery low message? I always get one when it turns red, even in game. 

Which Vita do you own? I'm not sure about the slim version battery life, (I own the original) but my battery lasts for a little over 4 hours too (roughly).

I find it doesn't bother me though

• Like 1

Well, as far as common sense goes; It purely, entirely depends on background processes: such as applications, etc, as well as the graphical intensity of the game you're currently playing. But mutual to yourself, I'd get on average around 4-5 hours of battery life (playing, with Wi-Fi activated). (I refer to the original Vita model.)

Edited by Evi

Which model do you have? Vita 2000 has a longer battery life, it's the one I have and it lasts up to 8-9 hours at most and when there is not much going on. I get a message always though, that is a weird issue....anyway, battery lenght is not one of the PS Vita's perks, but I'm comfortable with what mine lasts, hope Flight Mode helps you :)

OG wi-fi model, bought at release. I have Near and Trophies running all the time and one game at a time. I tend to leave wi-fi on and average 4-5 hours of play time. I also have the screen on the lowest brightness and wish it got a bit dimmer, to be honest.

Also, I only think I've actually played the thing once from 100% to 0% and shutoff. Slightly over 5 hours. Disgaea 3. I'm so glad I got the Plat and 4 is coming to Vita soon. If I were playing them both at the same time, my family would disown me.

Tangent: I just figured out how to get CFW on a PS3, turned it into a PSP jukebox with all my PSP rips and now have Disgaea 2, which I missed, just a controller away. I went right from Afternoon of Darkness on PSP to Absence of Justice on Vita. This could be bad news...

On topic: If you're not getting at least 4 hours, make sure you're up to date on firmware, play with wireless settings and screen brightness.

turning off wifi helps, and i find after a few times charing it seems to last longer now o.O

If im playing at home all day, should I just keep it plugged ?

As long you don't play while its charging, its considered the best option to make battery last more years

while doing a partial charge each day though you don't have to strictly follow that everyday

just don't ever full discharge to 0%, once you get low battery message leave it charging.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/do_and_dont_battery_table

Edited by Nelson_Otaku