inFamous: First Light Will Have A Platinum Trophy

Goro

Indeed it is my dear friend, you still need to play Second Son, still one of the best game on ps4. And Troy did a awesome job if Delsin, Joel still the best, but you know me I cant talk about The last of us. Lol

And ah I already pre bought first light :)

I have Second Son untouched in my shelf, but I don't have time! I'll get the DLC anyway and I'll play them as a sequence, can't wait :D

• Like 1

I have Second Son untouched in my shelf, but I don't have time! I'll get the DLC anyway and I'll play them as a sequence, can't wait :D

Really? Go play ASAP! :)

I bought assassin's creed IV and I really want to play it, it gives me anxiety see a untouched box in my room.

But I can't, I already have a lot of games in progress, speaking of AC, hopefully you will buy Unity at launch, I really want to play alongside you amidst the riot of Paris Revolution

• Like 1

So does this mean the Game/DLC will get a Separate Trophy Set?

Having 2 Platinums in 1 Trophy Set would seam Strange.

So Perhaps what would be done is:

• The Standalone Version gets the platinum.
  • The Second Son Version Doesn't get the Platinum.

@ the end of the day who's going to argue against getting a 2nd Platinum right? 

I Don't mind getting a 2nd platinum, just curious how that would work out.

Edited by DarknessKey92

So does this mean the Game/DLC will get a Separate Trophy Set?

Having 2 Platinums in 1 Trophy Set would seam Strange.

So Perhaps what would be done is:

• The Standalone Version gets the platinum.
  • The Second Son Version Doesn't get the Platinum.

@ the end of the day who's going to argue against getting a 2nd Platinum right? 

I Don't mind getting a 2nd platinum, just curious how that would work out.

It is a stand alone game and do not need Second son to be able to play it. Just think of it as another Infamous game.

It will not have any affect at all. At least i don't think it should.

The Standalone Version has been confirmed to have the Platinum by

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/08/12/new-infamous-first-light-trailer-debuts-new-features-detailed/

Jason Connell 12 August, 2014 @ 8:52 pm

There is indeed a Platinum trophy for First Light.

But isn't this same DLC also for Second Son?
Which means the same Trophy set will be added to the Second Son's Set, except it makes one wonder if a game can have 2 Platinums on its set(it would be the first game to do it, if they go through with it) or perhaps all the Trophies except the Platinum will be merged to Second Son's Set.

I guess all we can do is just wait & see how things turn out, but like I said who will complain about getting a 2nd Platinum on the 2nd Son Game.

The Standalone Version has been confirmed to have the Platinum by

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/08/12/new-infamous-first-light-trailer-debuts-new-features-detailed/

But isn't this same DLC also for Second Son?
Which means the same Trophy set will be added to the Second Son's Set, except it makes one wonder if a game can have 2 Platinums on its set(it would be the first game to do it, if they go through with it) or perhaps all the Trophies except the Platinum will be merged to Second Son's Set.

I guess all we can do is just wait & see how things turn out, but like I said who will complain about getting a 2nd Platinum on the 2nd Son Game.

I don't think it is considered DLC. The trophy list will be seperate and that is how a platinum can be added to it.

I don't think it is considered DLC. The trophy list will be seperate and that is how a platinum can be added to it.

That's what I mean the Standalone Version will undoubtedly get the Platinum, but It's still a standalone expansion Downloadable Content that doesn't need the Second Son game...except is still being Considered as Second Son's DLC because the majority of First Light sales are going to be for the add-on version(Although who knows now that they added a Platinum to it, probably gonna make people get the Standalone version just for that :platinum:).

The Standalone version is simply an alternative for people to play it even without owning Second Son, but its content is treated as DLC to Second Son's prequel Story Surrounding Abigail.

Edited by DarknessKey92

That's what I mean the Standalone Version will undoubtedly get the Platinum, but It's still a standalone expansion Downloadable Content that doesn't need the Second Son game...except is still being Considered as Second Son's DLC because the majority of First Light sales are going to be for the add-on version.

The Standalone version is simply an alternative for people to play it even without owning Second Son, but it's content is treated as DLC to Second Son's prequel Story Surrounding Abigail.

I have always been under the impression that it is just going to be a stand alone and not add on content to second son. Just like Festivle of Blood was. That was always just a stand alone and never add on content to Infamous 2.

I have always been under the impression that it is just going to be a stand alone and not add on content to second son. Just like Festivle of Blood was. That was always just a stand alone and never add on content to Infamous 2.

I guess you can say First Born is both a DLC & Separate game based on who holds the content:
  • In the hands of Second Son it's DLC
  • On Stand-alone's hand it's a Separate game.

Be cool if buying the Stand-Alone version gives you cross-Buy access for the Second Son DLC...I mean they're priced the exact same.

Or @ least make the downloaded Content Compatible for both Working "with & without the game".

Edit:

Did some Research again & found out it is getting a Physical Copy of the game in EU. So maybe it's a Separate game like Festivle of Blood.

I remember people saying when it was first announced that it was going to be DLC for Second Son, but now I'm not sure since the statement made as

"Sucker Punch has confirmed that players will receive bonuses if they have Second Son."

That statement made me think it was DLC for Second son, but now a Different Source claimed it regarding a Second Son Save file in the system.

So I guess i was wrong to think of it being Second Son DLC, and is A Separate Game Like Festival.

My apologize for the misconception, I guess the added platinum makes perfect sense now.  

Edited by DarknessKey92

I was gonna get it anyway this is just a plus

That's precisely what I was thinking.

It's getting a blu-ray release too? Cool, I might actually buy it depending on its price.

Only in Europe I believe. 

It's getting a blu-ray release too? Cool, I might actually buy it depending on its price.

Only in Europe I believe. 

People really need to stop thinking of first light as an addition to second son. They are completely separate games in the same universe. A $15 game can only have a platinum trophy if they are deemed worthy enough of a game to have one. Dont ne surprised it is a harder plat to get than sec son

Sucker punch was rushed by sony to release sec son that is why even tho it was good it felt short and incomplete. They are trying to make that up to us with first light. This is far from DLC and i guaruntee it will surpass sec son in every way

Also expect way more than festival of blood. No way would fest of blood ever get deemed worthy by anyone to have a plat trophy in it. Yes it was a nice little game but im telling you this is so much more. A lot of people are in for a huge surprise in 2 weeks

There is no add on whatsoever this is just a new infamous game that happens to not be as long as a regular retail release. Not as long campaign wise but who knows how long the plat will take. I think it will be a very in depth game and will be worth way more than the $15 asking price. So if you feel like ss wasnt worth $60 bc of its length this will make up that difference for u