Top 10 Best PS VITA Exclusive Games (NA)

DanielVT

PS-Vita-E3.jpg

While the Vita has evolved into more of a PS4 accessory/indie game device with the occasional big title, there are still plenty of great and fantastic games that make the system worth having. Below are the ten best games that are arguably must-haves/must plays. Note that there are other games and some games that are better than even some of the one's listed below but they are multiplatform. This list focuses exclusively on titles that can only be found on the system, or at least were made originally for the VITA alone. 

Note: My intention is that this list will continue to evolve and grow into more of a database for VITA games, but at this point, I'm keeping it at the top 10 best VITA exclusives (in North America). Thanks! 

#1. Uncharted Golden Abyss

L9e535b.png

#2. Killzone Mercenary

L99b884.png

#3. Tearaway

L6d571c.png

#4. Gravity Rush

L98999f.png

#5. Assassin's Creed: Liberation

L9f44e5.png

#6. Unit 13 

L49ad9d.png

#7. Wipeout 2048

Ld35611.png

#8. Little Big Planet: Vita

L8866ad.png

#9. Resistance: Burning Skies

L0ab4dc.png

#10. Batman: Arkham Origins - Blackgate

L0f794a.png

# Bonus. Call of Duty: Black Ops - Declassified

Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-Declassified.png

Let me know what you guys think of this list! Obviously it's influenced by my opinion, and I'm sure others might have differing opinions. However, these are the big titles made exclusively for the VITA. 

I didn't realize that if you count games that have only been made for the Vita (no remasters or remakes) that the list is incredibly small. I would've put Soul Sacrifice and then Toukiden as #9 and #10 respectively.

IMO, Numbers 9, 10 and the bonus are a disgrace to the Vita; and number 10 isn't even exclusive.

I've checked my list and ended up with just 14 exclusives...

1 Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - 9.9 3DS

2 1 WipEout 2048 - 9.6

3 2 Gravity Rush - 9.1

4 Muramasa Rebirth - 8.9 Wii

5 Guacamelee! - 8.5 PS3, PS4, PC

6 Stealth Inc. - 8.3 PS3, PC

7 Rayman Origins - 8.2 PS3, PC

8 3 DJMax Technika Tune - 8.1

9 BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend - 8.0 PS3

10 Dragon's Crown - 8.0 PS3

11 Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - 7.9 PS3

12 Terraria - 7.9 PS3, PC

13 KickBeat - 7.8 PS3, PC

14 4 Killzone Mercenary - 7.8

15 Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD - 7.8 PS3, PC

16 CastleStorm - 7.7 PS3, PC

17 Lone Survivor - 7.6 PS3, PC

18 5 LittleBigPlanet - 7.5

19 Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f - 7.4 PS3

20 Knytt Underground - 7.4 PS3, PC

21 Need for Speed: Most Wanted - 7.3 PS3, PC

22 Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus - 7.3 PS2

23 Motorstorm RC - 7.2 PS3

24 New Little King's Story - 7.1 Wii

25 Urban Trial Freestyle - 7.0 PS3

26 Velocity Ultra - 6.9 PS3

27 6 Super Stardust Delta - 6.8

28 7 TxK - 6.7

29 PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - 6.6 PS4

30 Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - 6.6 PS3

31 8 Lumines Electronic Symphony - 6.5

32 Sine Mora - 6.5 PS3, PC

33 Mortal Kombat - 6.4 PS3, PC

34 MouseCraft - 6.4 PS3, PS4, PC

35 9 Touch My Katamari - 6.3

36 Age of Zombies - 6.2 phones

37 Puddle - 6.1 PS3, PC, phones

38 Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken - 6.0 PC

39 FEZ - 5.9 PS3, PS4, PC

40 Treasures of Montezuma Blitz - 5.8 phones

41 Thomas Was Alone - 5.6 PS3, PC

42 The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character - 5.3 PSP

43 Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - 5.2 PS3, PC

44 Worms Revolution Extreme - 5.1 PS3, PC

45 Plants Vs. Zombies - 5.0 PS3, PC, phones

46 10 Unit 13 - 4.8

47 Sound Shapes - 4.7 PS3, PS4

48 Coconut Dodge Revitalised - 4.5 PSP

49 Crazy Market - 4.4 phones

50 Dokuro - 4.3 phones

51 Surge Deluxe - 4.2 PS mobile

52 11 Chronovolt - 4.1

53 Proteus - 4.0 PS3, PC

54 Jet Set Radio - 3.8 PS3

55 Big Sky Infinity - 3.5 PS3

56 Hotline Miami - 3.3 PS3, PC

57 12 PulzAR - 3.0

58 PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - 2.8 psp

59 Luftrausers - 2.5 PS3, PC

60 Rogue Legacy - 2.4 PS3, PS4, PC

61 13 Uncharted: Golden Abyss - 2.3

62 Starlight Inception - 2.1 PC

63 Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - 2.0 PS3, PS2

64 14 Smart As - 1.8

65 Jetpack Joyride - 1.6 PS3, phones

66 Escape Plan - 1.5 PS4

67 A-men 2 - 1.0 PS3

P.s. Tearaway will get PS4 port soon...

Edited by vivan

From my list i can remember as exclusive would be Ys Celceta in NA/EU and that should be a must have lol.

(and soon Tales of Hearts R is an exclusive in NA/EU i guess, forgot another exclusive getting localized Shinovi Versus rofl)

Enhanced ports with extra content like Persona 4 Golden/ Disgaea 3 & 4 should count as semi exclusive in NA/EU at least lol.

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

Yeah, AC Liberation and Blackgate aren't Vita exclusive, so they wouldn't really count. And I really wouldn't call Killzone, Resistance, Unit 13, LBP, or CoD must haves/must plays either.

You apparently don't like RPGs though, so there's definitely slim pickings for Vita exclusives for someone with your tastes. Otherwise, there's a bit more, like Ys Memories of Celceta, Mind Zero, Soul Sacrifice, Danganronpa, and Hyperdimension Neptunia PP. And I would count older games with more content on Vita too, like Persona 4 Golden and Muramasa Rebirth. Since you can't get the full experience for either of those games on their original systems, and they're both only in HD on Vita.

• Like 1

Yeah, AC Liberation and Blackgate aren't Vita exclusive, so they wouldn't really count. And I really wouldn't call Killzone, Resistance, Unit 13, LBP, or CoD must haves/must plays either.

You apparently don't like RPGs though, so there's definitely slim pickings for Vita exclusives for someone with your tastes. Otherwise, there's a bit more, like Ys Memories of Celceta, Mind Zero, Soul Sacrifice, Danganronpa, and Hyperdimension Neptunia PP. And I would count older games with more content on Vita too, like Persona 4 Golden and Muramasa Rebirth. Since you can't get the full experience for either of those games on their original systems, and they're both only in HD on Vita.

I wouldn't count Hyperdimension Neptunia PP as a RPG. It's a spinoff of a RPG series, but itself isn't a RPG, but a Vita exclusive. And you forgot Demon Gaze(as far as I know that's Vita exclusive, I may be wrong though)

The only Vita exclusive games I have are Demon Gaze, Tearaway, Danganronpa(even though it's in japan not a vita-exclusive), Soul Sacrifice(Vanilla and Delta) and Mind=Zero(I haven't started it yet)

Every second post is about persona 4 golden. 

It's the best RPG on ps vita, but is it really ps vita exclusive? The golden part definitely is, but that's it. Even though it delivers the best experience on vita I wouldn't call it a ps vita exclusive, but I can live with it. :-) 

But here is the thing: I never really liked top 10 lists, because everyone sees them different. If you look on the list in the OP, there are several games I wouldn't play even if I got them for free(to be honest, there is only Tearaway on it which I did play and the other games are games which I have no interest in). Does this makes them bad games? No, of course not. They just belong to a genre which I never liked a single game I played.

I think that there's a better way to do such a list: What about top lists in categories? For example: the best vita exclusive RPGs: ..., the best vita exclusives FPSs: ... Something like that.

I know it's not my thread or something like that, but with the title and the description I think it was meant for everyone.

Every second post is about persona 4 golden. 

It's the best RPG on ps vita, but is it really ps vita exclusive? The golden part definitely is, but that's it. Even though it delivers the best experience on vita I wouldn't call it a ps vita exclusive, but I can live with it. :-) 

But here is the thing: I never really liked top 10 lists, because everyone sees them different. If you look on the list in the OP, there are several games I wouldn't play even if I got them for free(to be honest, there is only Tearaway on it which I did play and the other games are games which I have no interest in). Does this makes them bad games? No, of course not. They just belong to a genre which I never liked a single game I played.

I think that there's a better way to do such a list: What about top lists in categories? For example: the best vita exclusive RPGs: ..., the best vita exclusives FPSs: ... Something like that.

I know it's not my thread or something like that, but with the title and the description I think it was meant for everyone.

It's the best RPG in the world, best game ever! :D and i think it should be a reason alone to have a Vita.