Recent Survey in Japan gives Shocking Results in "What Show Got You into Anime?"

DarknessKey92

What Show Got You into Anime?   

31 members have voted

1. 1. What Show Got You into Anime?

• A Certain Magical Index Series
    • Angel Beats!
    • Attack on Titan
    • Cardcaptor Sakura
    • Clannad
    • Code Geass
    • Detective Conan
    • Digimon Adventure
    • Doraemon
    • Dragon Ball
    • Free!
    • Fullmetal Alchemist
    • Gintama
    • Higurashi When They Cry
    • K-On!
    • Kuroko's Basketball
    • Madoka Magica
    • Mobile Suit Gundam
    • Mobile Suit Gundam: Seed
    • Monogatari Series
  2. 2. What Show Got You into Anime?( Options Continuation)

• Naruto
    • Neon Genesis Evangelion
    • One Piece
    • Sailor Moon
    • Shakugan no Shana
    • Space Battleship Yamato
    • Sword Art Online
    • The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    • The Prince of Tennis
    • Yu Yu Hakusho

You know what's shocking? Pokemon/Digimon is not listed, therefore I can't vote :(

Oh wait, just noticed there was a second poll, but still can't vote, apparently have to give an answer to both which I can't as none of those anime in that other list are ones that got me into anime (they are all too new, are these Japanese people like under 20 for these to be the top animes?)

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 1

Pokemon/Detective Conan/Gundam Wing are what you might call got me into anime when i was a kid. didn't knew it was called anime at the time, later in 6th grade i got back into anime watching Naruto and a while after Gundam 00 also i didn't expect a Certain Magical Index to be in that list and number one at that lol

Toonami used to be awesome. Dragon Ball Z, Mobile Suit Gundam, Rurouni Kenshin, Outlaw Star, Zoids and many others. Dragon Ball Z is what "got me" into anime I suppose, even though I'm not a huge fan of anime, I do like some shows though. 

Parker

• Like 1

Useless poll.

A)90% of those options are so recent B)the mangakas weren't even born when I started watching anime.

Gonna Assume you are trolling simply because of the Fact that:

A) Out of that list of 30 titles the only Most Recent Ones Are: "Attack on Titan", "Kuroko's Basketball", "Free!", and "Sword Art Online".

That's %13.3 of them being most Recent.

The Rest have been around for years, so your supposed %90 of them being "So Recent", is By far Way off.

B)Anime is Mainly based on Manga, Light Novels, Visual Novels or A Video Game. It's been Really Rare to have instances where the anime is released before/without the Manga(or as you put it Mangaka). The Most Common Motion For Years is that Anime has always been Released After the Manga, because the Anime is being Based off the Manga. 

Gintama being so high in the poll (and being there at all) makes me a very happy panda.

b3T2u.jpg

My pick isn't even on there!

While I had watched some shows in the past, The Slayers was the first anime I'd really gotten into, going out of my way to buy VHS tapes and everything. Definitely one of my favorites, even now.

Yu Yu Hakusho is another good one. Gotta love the master of the hiatus, Togashit.

nagflar awesome avi of rorshach...

Thanks.

My pick isn't even on there!

While I had watched some shows in the past, The Slayers was the first anime I'd really gotten into, going out of my way to buy VHS tapes and everything. Definitely one of my favorites, even now.

Yu Yu Hakusho is another good one. Gotta love the master of the hiatus, Togashit.

Gintama_Episode_11.png

A) Out of that list of 30 titles the only Most Recent Ones Are: "Attack on Titan", "Kuroko's Basketball", "Free!", and "Sword Art Online".

The Rest have been around for years, so your supposed %90 of them being "So Recent", is By far Way off.

B)Anime is Mainly based on Manga, Light Novels, Visual Novels or A Video Game. It's been Really Rare to have instances where the anime is released before/without the Manga(or as you put it Mangaka). The Most Common Motion For Years is that Anime has always been Released After the Manga, because the Anime is being Based off the Manga.

Too green only 4 of them started before 1990.

2013 Free!

2013 Attack on Titan

2012 Kuroko's Basketball

2012 Sword Art Online

2011 Madoka Magica

2010 Angel Beats!

2009 K-On!

2009 Monogatari Series

2008 A Certain Magical Index Series

2007 Clannad

2006 Code Geass

2006 Gintama

2006 Higurashi When They Cry

2006 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

2003 Fullmetal Alchemist

2002 Mobile Suit Gundam: Seed

2002 Naruto

2002 Shakugan no Shana

2001 The Prince of Tennis

1999 Digimon Adventure

1999 One Piece

1998 Cardcaptor Sakura

1996 Neon Genesis Evangelion

1996 Detective Conan

1992 Sailor Moon

1992 Yu Yu Hakusho

1986 Dragon Ball

1979 Mobile Suit Gundam

1974 Space Battleship Yamato

1973 Doraemon

Just to name a few, I'm sure I'm forgetting many of the relevant ones.

1990 Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water

1987 City Hunter

1987 Kimagure Orange Road

1986 Saint Seiya

1984 Hokuto no Ken

1983 Cat's Eye

1982 Little Pollon

1981 Yattodetaman

1980 Tsurikichi Sanpei

1979 Lady Oscar

1978 Captain Future

1978 Future Boy Conan

1978 Galaxy Express 999

1978 Daitarn 3

1978 Captain Harlock

1977 Yatterman

1971 Lupin III

1969 Tiger Mask

1968 Cyborg 009

Digimon is the 1st anime I saw. Or at least I remember. That and Dragon Ball GT.

Then I watched the other Digimon series as they appeared in Portugal, but only started to really follow animes with Fullmetal Alchemist. Started but then stopped appearing in TV. Few years later I remembered that anime so started watching again. Great story. And then I saw Sword Art Online, Shingeki no Kyojin, Sailor Moon Crystal and One Piece (still in One Piece because there are so many episodes so I stop here for anime until I finish One Piece)

Too green only 4 of them started before 1990.

2013 Free!

2013 Attack on Titan

2012 Kuroko's Basketball

2012 Sword Art Online

2011 Madoka Magica

2010 Angel Beats!

2009 K-On!

2009 Monogatari Series

2008 A Certain Magical Index Series

2007 Clannad

2006 Code Geass

2006 Gintama

2006 Higurashi When They Cry

2006 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

2003 Fullmetal Alchemist

2002 Mobile Suit Gundam: Seed

2002 Naruto

2002 Shakugan no Shana

2001 The Prince of Tennis

1999 Digimon Adventure

1999 One Piece

1998 Cardcaptor Sakura

1996 Neon Genesis Evangelion

1996 Detective Conan

1992 Sailor Moon

1992 Yu Yu Hakusho

1986 Dragon Ball

1979 Mobile Suit Gundam

1974 Space Battleship Yamato

1973 Doraemon

1987 City Hunter

1986 Saint Seiya

1984 Hokuto no Ken

1983 Cat's Eye

1982 Little Pollon

1981 Yattodetaman

1980 Tsurikichi Sanpei

1979 Lady Oscar

1978 Captain Future

1978 Future Boy Conan

1978 Galaxy Express 999

1978 Daitarn 3

1978 Captain Harlock

1977 Yatterman

1971 Lupin III

1969 Tiger Mask

1968 Cyborg 009

So by your Standards you consider 24 years as "Recent" or how you put it "So Recent"....Strange! I would have guessed that barely 2 years be considered as "Recent", not 24.

Also I made the Poll to expand the man's Survey that was focused on the Japanese Community, now to a Global Scale; since many people here are from different countries aside from Japan(Do i expect over 10,000 votes? Of course not!, but by looking at the poll so far; the results show A different outcome).

You're not the first person to point out certain Anime are not listed here in this Thread or his survey, the man Made his Survey only listing 30 options that he felt were sufficient enough.

Do you really think he would list 500 Animes? just like this one that's done over a global scale tallied over the years by a Bayesian Estimated System.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/ratings-anime.php?top50=best_bayesian&n=500

He conducted this test in 6 days, so it being only 30 options seams decent, sure people are mad that their anime isn't in the options...but looking at them, all of them aside from doubling Mobile Suit Gundam are well deserved candidates.

The man Asked people currently aged in range from Teens to mid 30s.

Edited by DarknessKey92

Imo it was just a joke...

But imo recent should be considered 2-3 years.

huh? no Voltes V or Daimos.... man... I feel too old now... ~_~

I think I need to watch more "popular" animes... only knew 14 out of 25 in the list... didn't even know what the no. 1 is o.O

*hides in the bush to avoid angry mob*

Imo it was just a joke...

But imo recent should be considered 2-3 years.

Recent is usually coonsidered a decade-old. Most people I know (including myself) usually expand it to anything that's been released since the early 2000's. Following that, I consider crap like Narutu, One Pice [of Turd], Bleach, Gurren Lagann, FLCL, Inuyasha, etc., as recent.

1987 City Hunter

1986 Saint Seiya

1984 Hokuto no Ken

1983 Cat's Eye

1982 Little Pollon

1981 Yattodetaman

1980 Tsurikichi Sanpei

1979 Lady Oscar

1978 Captain Future

1978 Future Boy Conan

1978 Galaxy Express 999

1978 Daitarn 3

1978 Captain Harlock

1977 Yatterman

1971 Lupin III

1969 Tiger Mask

1968 Cyborg 009

Just going to add some you're missing and I think you ought to include:  Astro Boy (1963), GeGeGe no Kitarou (1968) and Mazinger Z (1972). I also think we ought to incldue Akira (1988), even though that's a movie.

Edited by Nagflar

Recent is usually coonsidered a decade-old. Most people I know (including myself) usually expand it to anything that's been released since the early 2000's. Following that, I consider crap like Narutu, One Pice [of Turd], Bleach, Gurren Lagann, FLCL, Inuyasha, etc., as recent.

Just going to add some you're missing and I think you ought to include:  Astro Boy (1963), GeGeGe no Kitarou (1968) and Mazinger Z (1972). I also think we ought to incldue Akira (1988), even though that's a movie.

Where's Devilman (1972) or Getter Robo (1974) or any of the old Macross (1853) or Samurai Pizza Cats (20X6)

b5k8i.png

No Serial Experiments Lain (even though that's late 90s) either smh.

Edited by milkyholmes420

Where's Devilman (1972) or Getter Robo (1974) or any of the old Macross (1853) or Samurai Pizza Cats (20X6)

b5k8i.png

No Serial Experiments Lain (even though that's late 90s) either smh.

What could you possibly be complaining about? I mean, Free! is there :rolleyes:.