Hardest WaW Mission on Veteran?

Hardest WaW Mission on veteran?  

475 members have voted

1. 1. Which level did you find the most difficult on veteran?

• Semper Fi
    • Little Resistance
    • Hard Landing
    • Vendetta
    • Their Land, Their Blood
    • Burn 'em Out
    • Relentless
    • Blood and Iron
    • Ring of Steel
    • Eviction
    • Black Cats
    • Blowtorch & Corkscrew
    • Breaking Point
    • Heart of the Reich
    • Downfall

Heart of the Reich was by far the most difficult level for me. The grenade spam is just so absurd at points, even compared to the rest of the game on Veteran. You are literally running in circles avoiding grenades while trying to clear enough of a path to move forward (and then immediately back again, because there's a 200% chance you will be retreating from an incoming grenade) so your AI partners can also move up and push the enemy spawn back. And then going after the last AA gun after getting a chance to shoot a rocket at the other one is a leap of faith because you may very well get trapped by grenades after arming the thing, and you can't just stay next to it or you'll die. But I got it done after about 3 hours.

The other missions with significant votes (Burn 'Em Out, Relentless, and Blowtorch & Corkscrew) deserve honorable mentions. There was at least one section in all of those that gave me a bit of trouble.

• 4 weeks later...

After completing veteran mode last night my vote easily goes to heart of the Reich. getting the 3rd and 4th flaks was ridiculous..was beginning to wonder if I could even do it.

relentless and burn em out were annoying as well.

Nice work man!

Your hard work paid off!

I agree heart of Reich was really annoying at the 4th flack but after a few try's I got past it.

The rest of the game wasn't to hard but I enjoyed getting every trophy.

This is probably my favorite COD plat/100% I have

Nice work man!

Your hard work paid off!

I agree heart of Reich was really annoying at the 4th flack but after a few try's I got past it.

The rest of the game wasn't to hard but I enjoyed getting every trophy.

This is probably my favorite COD plat/100% I have

Thanks,

As soon as I stopped trying to do the level Rambo style I had more success.

Ok after all the crap I went through, I can say blowtorch & corkscrew was the hardest of all because..

1. The damn enviorment like the tall grass and the weather like the rain for example. Makes it difficult to find enemies.
  2. Infinite amount of grenades. WTF are they getting them from? Like hell they all throw their grenades at the exact area where Im at. What kind of voodoo magic is this? It feels like nature was against me as well.  :rolleyes:
  3. Constant spawning. Theyll keep coming untill you progress futher to the map or stops eventually..

I also include all the levels on this but some were easy. I can safe to say the russians missions were easy including the last two levels but the american missions aint. I think because of the enviorment and hiding to vulnerable places cuz damn how many times did I get killed from their god tier aimbot?  :lol:

cant remember each mission avg was an hour to 2 hours though made it worth it unlike new cod i can plat in one damn sitting did ghost and aw both ps3 and ps4 each a sitting day off work. hell friend challenged me a few months back i plat ther bo1 in a sitting too only gring was 5 wager matches called in some friends to consume lobby. he watched in amusement. havent murdered a game like that since zelda nintento gamecube edition twilight hell can still recite that game i a walking guide. people under estimate gaming is fun and before trophies 100% them was an art. only thing trophies did to me was had me brush away nintendo gameboy for vita ps3 for gamecube and ps2  and ps4 to seal the deal.

holycooper90.png

Nice work getting the 100% as well. Did you get the zombie trophies solo?

Thanks, yeah I did them all solo except for Perkaholics Anonymous..

I had a great time doin map pack 2 trophies. I can't remember exact details of everything but It's easy to hang out down stairs beneath the spawn point, and not open one of the doors but rather camp by it. (There's a desk and other debris you can stand behind so you can't get attacked head on and only from righ or left sides.) Set mines around you and keep boarding windows. I open everything but the door mentioned and the debris blocking the stairs to spawn point. Once you start getting over ran. I head outta the swamp grab the Thompson off the wall and start running big ass circles while turning around and mowing down zombies. When the pack gets thin make a crawler and reup on supplies and start the next round. After a few tries it's easily manageable.

That's how I got my big baller trophy solo :)

Edited by weeztha

Thanks, yeah I did them all solo except for Perkaholics Anonymous..

I had a great time doin map pack 2 trophies. I can't remember exact details of everything but It's easy to hang out down stairs beneath the spawn point, and not open one of the doors but rather camp by it. (There's a desk and other debris you can stand behind so you can't get attacked head on and only from righ or left sides.) Set mines around you and keep boarding windows. I open everything but the door mentioned and the debris blocking the stairs to spawn point. Once you start getting over ran. I head outta the swamp grab the Thompson off the wall and start running big ass circles while turning around and mowing down zombies. When the pack gets thin make a crawler and reup on supplies and start the next round. After a few tries it's easily manageable.

That's how I got my big baller trophy solo :)

thats awesome advise, I got most of the map pack 2 trophies last night, made it to round 20 but got mauled by the dogs at the end. It takes forever. Hopefully map pack 3 is just as fun.

Having done the veteran twice, I would have to say I hate it all just because you can die in the dumbest ways at times. But either Downfall or Heart of the Reich were the hardest, specifically the end of Heart of the Reich, and then the beginning of Downfall. Also the middle of Burn 'Em Out was getting frustrating, but I eventually got it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Out of all the World at War missions that gave me absolute frustration, it had to be Heart of the Reich. The mission started off pretty easy, but then became an absolute nightmare to complete with all the grenade spam, pinpoint accuracy of the enemies, horrible friendly A.I., infinitely respawning enemies, little to no room for cover. And did I mention the grenade spam that comes in 5 to 10 packages? With enough patience, and to an extend, some luck, I beat Heart of the Reich in two hours, much less that what I expected when I begun the mission.

Other missions that gave me major frustration are Burn 'em Out, Relentless, Blowtorch and Corkscrew, and Downfall. World at War and Killzone 2 would forever be put into my mind for how difficult of FPS games they are in this generation.

I would say its a tie between Burn Em Out, Relentless, and Heart of The Reich. This game was super hard, and I want more Call of Duty Veteran modes to be just as difficult as this one, because it makes it oh so satisfying. The grenade spamming was always getting me, I even tried waiting an hour to see if they could run out of grenades but nope they have unlimited supplies. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...