-Always online

-Terrible acting in singleplayer 

-Last gen looking 

-Boring gameplay 

-Bad Ai that spawns at the same place even if you just killed them

-Light on content

-designed to milk money out of you via dlc

-Unimpressive graphics

Please post your sources, also some of your own opinions to go along with the list would be nice too. 

Whoever said this game is "last gen looking" or has "unimpressive graphics" needs to have their head checked, Destiny on the PS4 is absolutely gorgeous.

Parker

Please post your sources, also some of your own opinions to go along with the list would be nice too. 

Whoever said this game is "last gen looking" or has "unimpressive graphics" needs to have their head checked, Destiny on the PS4 is absolutely gorgeous.

Parker

Oh, I don't need to go looking a reviews to come to the same, thoughts, opinions, problems and feelings as some others have already about the game's various issues. An extensive amount of time being put into playing the game has done it for me.

Here you go.

Level cap attainable within 24 hrs  I'm wondering why they even bothered implementing a level up mechanic when it's this easy to max.

Alpha and beta having drastically different enemy spawns significantly affecting the progression

Lack of spawns artificially inhibiting progression

Bullshit nonsense lack of pub players compared to alpha/beta

The game is boring as butts

The Silent Cartographer, Assault on the Control Room, Delta Halo, Tsavo Highway, The Ark, The Covenant... Bungie has created some of the most amazing levels in the FPS genre. So, what the fuck happened? The level design is so bad in this game...

The gameplay design leaves a lot to be desired too. All the cool mechanics that were present in the Halo games (plasma to break shields + headshot, shooting a jackal in the hand to stun them + headshot, vehicle boarding, disabling vehicles with the EMP from the PP...) have all been replaced with some incredibly generic mechanics. Basically all the enemies are bullet sponges, and the only interesting thing you can do is going for headshots to do more damage. Dull.

And BTW, why the hell can't we skip the cutscenes? Bungie please...

Here more impressions if you want them.

Edited by kidhero99

Shrek is for my son and I to play got any more questions! Yes, I do have a life with my family! 

O by the way nice % at 22.3 HAHAHA 

Thank you, I am quite proud of my completion ratio. :) I too have a life with a family, I find they fill the gap between work, sleeping and activities including getting a completion ratio of 22.4% (as it stands now) please stay tuned though as it could go even lower as I start some more games and fail to complete them as well. (Well except for Shrek, that game just looks ugly) :)

I've changed my mind (I do this with every RPG :/), now I'm a Titan :) I'm playing for a few hours now, and i have the next few days relatively free, so I'll play with anyone and anything!

Will be sure to add you!

Oh, I don't need to go looking a reviews to come to the same, thoughts, opinions, problems and feelings as some others have already about the game's various issues. An extensive amount of time being put into playing the game has done it for me.

Here you go.

Level cap attainable within 24 hrs  I'm wondering why they even bothered implementing a level up mechanic when it's this easy to max.

Alpha and beta having drastically different enemy spawns significantly affecting the progression

Lack of spawns artificially inhibiting progression

Bullshit nonsense lack of pub players compared to alpha/beta

The game is boring as butts

The Silent Cartographer, Assault on the Control Room, Delta Halo, Tsavo Highway, The Ark, The Covenant... Bungie has created some of the most amazing levels in the FPS genre. So, what the fuck happened? The level design is so bad in this game...

The gameplay design leaves a lot to be desired too. All the cool mechanics that were present in the Halo games (plasma to break shields + headshot, shooting a jackal in the hand to stun them + headshot, vehicle boarding, disabling vehicles with the EMP from the PP...) have all been replaced with some incredibly generic mechanics. Basically all the enemies are bullet sponges, and the only interesting thing you can do is going for headshots to do more damage. Dull.

And BTW, why the hell can't we skip the cutscenes? Bungie please...

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/09/08/destiny-first-impressions-awoken-ps4/

Here more impressions if you want them.

In my opinion this is Bungies best game yet, and you can't deny the overwhelming amount of people who are in love with this game.

Sorry you don't like the game, I'll keep having a great time with my friends despite your grievances

i've read a lot about this game so far, but i can't really decide to buy or not.

opinions go from great to shitty, but that's with most of the games, so i don't really care.

i want a good FPSRPG and so far it does not seem like one...?

i have to set my own mind on this.

one of my friends did buy it yesterday, i think i'll first try it on his ps4 and then i can decide ^^

i've read a lot about this game so far, but i can't really decide to buy or not.

opinions go from great to shitty, but that's with most of the games, so i don't really care.

i want a good FPSRPG and so far it does not seem like one...?

i have to set my own mind on this.

one of my friends did buy it yesterday, i think i'll first try it on his ps4 and then i can decide ^^

The game is definitely more shooter than RPG but there are some RPG elements, I'd say Borderlands is more of an FPS/RPG though. 

I played a few hours with mturismo last night and we had a blast. The game definitely comes alive with multiple players so if you aren't enjoying running around by yourself, join the PSNP clan and find someone to play with, it is a much better experience. 

Parker

I've thought about it, and there is really one thing keeping me from buying this right now. That's the level cap.

When I play an MMO, I expect: good character creation, fun and unique quests, and a level cap that will last me through most of the main game and a few side quests.

Destiny has an alright character creation (unless it's been improved a lot since the Beta). The missions in the beta were fun, but I noticed the side quests were basically the same thing. But the level cap being only 20 is seriously putting me off from the game. Especially when people have already reached it, and it's been out for 1 day.

I like playing MMOs to level up with friends, build my unique character with skills, and have that as a goal the whole time. If I can reach max level in one day, then I lose motivation to keep playing. It makes all side quests, and even main quests seem pointless when the xp you get isn't useful anymore. I understand the game only has 4 worlds, but the level cap should at least last you until the beginning of world 4.

I would go and buy this right now, if they fixed the level cap. Either make missions and enemies give less, so it takes longer to reach 20, or raise the cap. Otherwise, I don't see this being worth $60 to me. Maybe $15-$20.

I've thought about it, and there is really one thing keeping me from buying this right now. That's the level cap.

When I play an MMO, I expect: good character creation, fun and unique quests, and a level cap that will last me through most of the main game and a few side quests.

Destiny has an alright character creation (unless it's been improved a lot since the Beta). The missions in the beta were fun, but I noticed the side quests were basically the same thing. But the level cap being only 20 is seriously putting me off from the game. Especially when people have already reached it, and it's been out for 1 day.

I like playing MMOs to level up with friends, build my unique character with skills, and have that as a goal the whole time. If I can reach max level in one day, then I lose motivation to keep playing. It makes all side quests, and even main quests seem pointless when the xp you get isn't useful anymore. I understand the game only has 4 worlds, but the level cap should at least last you until the beginning of world 4.

I would go and buy this right now, if they fixed the level cap. Either make missions and enemies give less, so it takes longer to reach 20, or raise the cap. Otherwise, I don't see this being worth $60 to me. Maybe $15-$20.

The level cap isn't 20, it goes on to 29+ (I don't know the hard cap but the highest I've seen is a level 29). Even when your reach the level 20 end game cap tons of other types of xp unlock, where you can upgrade your stats. You can also start earning tokens where you can get some of the best equipment on the tower. The game begins at level 20.

• Like 1

The level cap isn't 20, it goes on to 29+ (I don't know the hard cap but the highest I've seen is a level 29). Even when your reach the level 20 end game cap tons of other types of xp unlock, where you can upgrade your stats. You can also start earning tokens where you can get some of the best equipment on the tower. The game begins at level 20.

Oh, OK. So it's one of those MMOs where the level doesn't really matter, and it's all about getting the best weapons and gear? I guess that's better.

Just joined the clan. I've got a level 6 Exo Hunter, not sure what I'll do about subclass yet. I'm usually down to help out or join up on somebody's mission. Just send me a friend request or fireteam invite (just say you're from here so I know who you are), and we can kick some ass. My schedule is a bit weird because of work and college, but I try to get some Destiny time in every day, so just let me know.

Looking forward to playing with you all!

Im up to the last world and i'm only level 14. I think the cap is 26, thats what ive read, haven't heard or seen of anyone higher.

Side missions aka patrol missions are very ehh and get boring quick, even the main missions are becoming repetive by now [go to a location, deploy ghost, protect ghost from waves of enemies]

Will be sure to add you!

In my opinion this is Bungies best game yet, and you can't deny the overwhelming amount of people who are in love with this game.

Sorry you don't like the game, I'll keep having a great time with my friends despite your grievances

coming from a developer with such a pedigree as Bungie, there is just some stuff which I feel are really stupid, amateur mistakes that bring it down.

1. No matchmaking in story mode
-Seriously, why not? Going solo penalizes you (darkness zone), and for such a game like this that values teammates, forcing you to try and find friends to play your level 6 story mode is not fun. Nobody on your friends list wants to waste their time with that. 
Dumb, dumb oversight. Needs more common sense.

2. No communication in the tower
-Really, Bungie? Really??? I might as well be walking into a ghost town of dancing ghosts. Seriously, whats the point? No text chat? Would be a great place to pick up fireteam members or just shoot the shit. No mics either? Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK. I posted this TWICE on their forums. Once in the Alpha and once in the Beta. Whatever.

3. No mic support in the crucible.
-Yeah, can't talk to players on your team! Great idea!! Awesome!! Jesus......

4. Explore mode.
-Another god damn ghost town. You'll get a spattering of people here and there, but people seem more interested in doing their own shit. Also, there is nothing to do here. I honestly feel no reason to explore. Whats the point?

5. Grinding
-To do that strike, I had to play the array mission 4 times just to get to level 8. And even then, that strike is more tedious than anything. That spider boss is literally the worst. Just boring as all hell. 

Anyways, great gunplay,  but for the most part it seems like crap from what I've read. Dunno, expected more from Bungie to be honest. The kind of game that you play for 1 hour and you can rattle off a million things wrong with it.
Edited by kidhero99
  • Like 1

coming from a developer with such a pedigree as Bungie, there is just some stuff which I feel are really stupid, amateur mistakes that bring it down.

-Seriously, why not? Going solo penalizes you (darkness zone), and for such a game like this that values teammates, forcing you to try and find friends to play your level 6 story mode is not fun. Nobody on your friends list wants to waste their time with that. 

-Really, Bungie? Really??? I might as well be walking into a ghost town of dancing ghosts. Seriously, whats the point? No text chat? Would be a great place to pick up fireteam members or just shoot the shit. No mics either? Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK. I posted this TWICE on their forums. Once in the Alpha and once in the Beta. Whatever.

4. Explore mode.

-Another god damn ghost town. You'll get a spattering of people here and there, but people seem more interested in doing their own shit. Also, there is nothing to do here. I honestly feel no reason to explore. Whats the point?

5. Grinding

-To do that strike, I had to play the array mission 4 times just to get to level 8. And even then, that strike is more tedious than anything. That spider boss is literally the worst. Just boring as all hell. 

Anyways, great gunplay,  but for the most part it seems like crap from what I've read. Dunno, expected more from Bungie to be honest. The kind of game that you play for 1 hour and you can rattle off a million things wrong with it.

I see what you mean, Bungie dropped the ball on a few things that's considered a standard in gaming these days. I really hope they address the communication issue and matchmaking issues in a major patch. As for the grinding, that's something I doubt we will ever see addressed.

4. Explore mode.

5. Grinding

So you've played the game but you don't make your own opinion on it? Seems pretty silly. 

All the parts with communication hit the nail on the head though. There's no communication outside of fireteams which absolutely sucks in a game like this, Bungie are continually updating it though, and the number 1 suggestion is mic communication (or keyboard communication at the tower). As for grinding, there's gonna be grinding, especially at end game. But if you finish a level 6 mission, and can't access the level 8 strike, surely it's common sense to play the next level 6 mission on the moon rather than replay the same mission over and over until it unlocks?

I'm a level 13 Titan now, I'm glad I didn't pick Warlock or Hunter, they seem to be in abundance. Plus punching things with the Titan is the most satisfying thing ever :). When you reach level 20, remember to pick a faction item from one of the 3 factions (so when you turn in bounties you increase the rep of your chosen faction), each one has different stat increases, so pick the one you want the most. I've just done the first mission on Venus, and the story really seems to ramping up now, hopefully it stays that way to the end. 

• Like 1

So you've played the game but you don't make your own opinion on it? Seems pretty silly. 

All the parts with communication hit the nail on the head though. There's no communication outside of fireteams which absolutely sucks in a game like this, Bungie are continually updating it though, and the number 1 suggestion is mic communication (or keyboard communication at the tower). As for grinding, there's gonna be grinding, especially at end game. But if you finish a level 6 mission, and can't access the level 8 strike, surely it's common sense to play the next level 6 mission on the moon rather than replay the same mission over and over until it unlocks?

I'm a level 13 Titan now, I'm glad I didn't pick Warlock or Hunter, they seem to be in abundance. Plus punching things with the Titan is the most satisfying thing ever :). When you reach level 20, remember to pick a faction item from one of the 3 factions (so when you turn in bounties you increase the rep of your chosen faction), each one has different stat increases, so pick the one you want the most. I've just done the first mission on Venus, and the story really seems to ramping up now, hopefully it stays that way to the end. 

I've seen others post quite similar experiences about the game's various issues in line with my thoughts. Well, honestly i didn't see the point of having to go across the map just killing wave after wave of enemies in order to complete said mission as one would have to in any other mission when I can do it in the same spot

Edited by kidhero99

I just completed a Strike mission (with the Devil Walker) and it was an absolute blast. I did it in the Beta as well but I was more leveled up this go 'round and even though I was with randoms we actually worked together throughout the whole mission and it went fairly smooth. No one else had a mic though, I imagine it would be that much more fun if we could've communicated. 

I also played a Crucible match. Yeah, I need better weapons. I probably won't be touching the PvP until I hit the level cap and have good gear. 

Parker

• Like 1