Galaxy S5 or IPhone 6?

c0ldbludedkillah

iPhone 6. 

People will tell you that the Galaxy is better because "you can customise it more" or "you can torrent stuff" (stealing things which cost next to nothing from developers who don't make much money), but really, this is a phone - you should care about the design, durability, service of product provider, the camera, and additional features such as voice communication. 

And yes, I may be somewhat of an Apple fanboy (grew up with the original iMac g3 in our house), and yes, Apple are getting sleazy with their prices, but think about this; i've been using the same Macbook for 7 years, never had to replace anything but the charger and the battery (not because it didn't stop working, but because they wear down over the years and I wanted my laptop to have a longer lasting battery life), I recently just sold my iPhone 3GS, still works perfectly, our 10-year-old iMac G5 still works, I currently use an iPhone 4, and whenever any of the apple products in my house have faulted, apple have replaced them efficiently, including when my dad's macbook died, resulting in him receiving an aluminium macbook (the one i have been using for 7 years). Apple build long lasting products that can be used for numerous years, and when you want to upgrade your phone you can sell the one you have for a good price because it will have a high chance of still working.

Oh, and my brother has a Samsung Galaxy S4. The interface sucks, its incredibly uncomfortable to handle, but he loves it, so I dunno - just go for what suits you best. 

• Like 2

I'm down for iPhone if you ask me. Had Galaxy Note 2. They said it was a mobile powerhouse. Yeah it was , but it was with android too. So after about 4-5 months of using the phone , the messages , screen unlock  , even calling got laggy as shit.. Then I sold it , bought iPhone 5 , I'm using it for about an year. Had ZERO lags. I think if you need PHONE , not a power (which doesn't seem to help loading messages) then buy the iPhone..

While I usually don't care much for overpriced Apple products, I love my iPhone - maybe because I don't care much about all the stupid tedious features people constantly fight over because it's just a phone, lol

I like the iPhone because it's just nice on the inside and out. It has fantastic music app and a great podcast app (things I use quite a lot on my phone), which would be a mess of several different apps and such on an Android (especially for podcasts). I also like the confidence of apps always being on the App Store without having to wonder about it all (though that's not that much of a worry anymore for Android). There's other things like iCloud, iMessage, etc... it's a good ecosystem and a solid interface in my opinion for a phone. It's just a nice phone and it just works (and I HATE when people say that line for Apple products, lol). But it's true in this case, it's just a nice phone to have because at the end of the day after all the initial hype dies down, it's nice to know I have a phone that does everything I like well without having to worry and deal with any crap, haha

Basically, just get the phone that you think will work the best for what you do every day. It differs from person to person so you may be better off with the Galaxy S5  :dunno:  I dunno

Edited by BlindMango

I don't have an iPhone but I will throw this out there: Apple electronics cost more at the outset, but it's been my experience that they last longer, and if they last longer that keeps you out of the store looking for a replacement. I've had the same Macbook for 6 years, and the same iPod for almost 5, which in my experience is a pretty long time for a laptop and MP3 player. Before the Macbook, I'd been replacing laptops at an average of 1.5 years. I had 5 different Sony VAIO's crap out on me because they got too hot; turns out fans on Sony VAIO's have a issue. :T I had an Acer get a blue screen of death in the first month, then never work right afterwards. I had a Toshiba that its screen go white right in the middle of something, then shut off. When I tried to turn it back on, the hard drive was clicking. The computer tech said the Windows load "went bad", which just sounded like an excuse for a shitty computer.

I suggest that you compare the specifications and see for yourself.

I personally prefer Android phones in general I've had a variety of them and 2 iphones ( 3GS and 4) currently using a Samsung GIV, less restrictive compared to iOS.

But if you just want a phone that won't be a hassle, don't care about customization, a variety of app stores, sharing files, watching your favorite videos at 1080p, making it look like this, this, this, or this, emulation of any kind and other shit I won't mention.

Go get an iPhone 6

If you do care about that shit get the Galaxy S5 and hey there's a waterproof model which is nice if you're clumsy and/or dumb.

Edited by Ramonachan
  • Like 2

The whole Apple Fans vs Apple Haters is boring as sin.

Generally Samsung phones are good (I have a  Note myself, and really like it) but Apple make cool stuff.

In general Apple stuff is less powerful for the price, and has less customisation options, but is designed to within an inch of it's life, so in terms of user-friendly experience and intuitive interfaces they are second to none.

I guess if you want the power and the ability to customise your experience go with Samsung. If you want the pristine user environment and to know it will "just work" go with the iPhone.

If I had a dollar for every time I've seen this same picture re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-reposted in the last week...

I'm not apologizing you for this, get over yourself. I just had to post it because every time I see someone fall on Apple hype I can't stop laughing, I just can't help it.

Edited by Sikatiiker

This again ?

Smartphones are like console, people have their different opinions and different preferences, buy the one that suits you and not one that other people prefer.

That said, some people criticize me for having an Iphone, but I work and I buy with my own money, what they have to do with it?

• Like 2

If I had a dollar for every time I've seen this same picture re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-reposted in the last week...

Yeah its getting kind of annoying, I wish people actually looked up the specs and compare it themselves instead of relying on imgur, 9gag or KYM for their tech info.

I'm not apologizing you for this, get over yourself. I just had to post it because every time I see someone fall on Apple hype I can't stop laughing, I just can't help it.

Better be careful with that cardiac arrest or asphyxiation.

• Like 1

I stick with the iPhone 6 … My dad has a samsung, it was awful to use! It was like somebody just said hey just put a bunch of stuff in the phone! It was a mess to found stuff and MORE of a mess to use!! Apple was like 1 2 DONE! :)

And not a fanboy really don't care about all the fanboy crap I just pay what I think is the best for me! :)