What Are You Listening To?

parker-94

Don't know if there's ever been a song that so perfectly sums up the contradictory feelings about youth that being an adult brings - simultaneous distain for the young, and longing jealously of them!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Don't know if there's ever been a song that so perfectly sums up the contradictory feelings about youth that being an adult brings - simultaneous distain for the young, and longing jealously of them!

Beautiful example of what you're saying. Really. The sound, lyrics and also the feel really grabs at what you're saying. Personally...me...at 43 years old...it isn't a feeling of jealousy for the young cats. It's more of a sorrow that what I believed at that age with all my energy and heart wasn't reality. It's about me wanting that disillusionment taken back entirely...and for life to be as altruistic and fair as my young heart envisioned. I don't want to be in their shoes....I want their shoes to be reality.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shua_J said:

Beautiful example of what you're saying. Really. The sound, lyrics and also the feel really grabs at what you're saying. Personally...me...at 43 years old...it isn't a feeling of jealousy for the young cats. It's more of a sorrow that what I believed at that age with all my energy and heart wasn't reality. It's about me wanting that disillusionment taken back entirely...and for life to be as altruistic and fair as my young heart envisioned. I don't want to be in their shoes....I want their shoes to be reality.

I'm with you mate, nicely put.

you're right, 'jealousy' is not quite the right term - for me, it's more like wistfulness, and painful nostalgia for a bygone, more simple existence.

It's only when you get to near 40 that you come to understand those adults who used to bore you to death telling you "enjoy yourself - these are the best days of your life" ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I'm with you mate, nicely put.

you're right, 'jealousy' is not quite the right term - for me, it's more like wistfulness, and painful nostalgia for a bygone, more simple existence.

It's only when you get to near 40 that you come to understand those adults who used to bore you to death telling you "enjoy yourself - these are the best days of your life" 1f602.png

I like you. :)

• Like 1