Most embarrassing Platinum

patrickogorman19

Why? You've even played some of the better ones. :)

Yeah you're right but for me they was the most embarassing I've earned according to my friends. They literally just asked me how old I am but they didn't even realize I just played them to earn platinums xD

Vent jeg merket ikke at du er norsk, så det er vel ikke nødvendig å snakke engelsk eller er det? Haha.

Edited by Soppeldunk

Yeah you're right but for me they was the most embarassing I've earned according to my friends. They literally just asked me how old I am but they didn't even realize I just played them to earn platinums xD

Vent jeg merket ikke at du er norsk, så det er vel ikke nødvendig å snakke engelsk eller er det? Haha.

Aww, you only did 'em for the trophies. =\ I did them because I think they're fun, running around collecting shit. lol If people had said that kind of stuff to me, I'd just have told them I like the games. But I guess you probably feel less embarrassed about the other trophies, so this would be your most embarrassing or something. I'm guessing you didn't just do them for the trophies though? Play 3 or 4 of them or whatever, when there's both easier and much shorter games out there. xD

It's an English speaking forum. ;p You can speak Norwegian in PM though.

The only one I'm ashamed of is Duke Nukem Forever. I thought it'd be cool because I'd never played a Duke game but boy was I wrong. It was nothing but a testosterone fest with more tasteless humor and fart jokes than Nickelodeon. The worst part is that I paid full price for it the week it came out...

Edited by ShayShay1993

Aww, you only did 'em for the trophies. =\ I did them because I think they're fun, running around collecting shit. lol If people had said that kind of stuff to me, I'd just have told them I like the games. But I guess you probably feel less embarrassed about the other trophies, so this would be your most embarrassing or something. I'm guessing you didn't just do them for the trophies though? Play 3 or 4 of them or whatever, when there's both easier and much shorter games out there. xD

It's an English speaking forum. ;p You can speak Norwegian in PM though.

Actually I bought them years ago and I wasn't interesting in collecting trophies then but I still have the PS3 so I decided to start over again and play them, it was very nice to look back on games I played as kid and I just decided to focus on collecting trophies from them because why not. They was acutally just laying on my shelf and I only watch them laying there like museum. And when I checked that they was easy to collect so I didn't mind to start over haha.

Yeah sorry, I am new here so I know less than you but great to know, haha.

Nothing wrong with Lego games.

Thank you, now I think it's not embarassing anymore. B)

Hmm. I don't really have any, and any games I plat I enjoy.

It's embarrassing I have not done Bloodborne yet though  :lol:

So off my list erm I guess TTR World Tour. Glad it was a plus game. Still enjoyed it though.

Edited by VitalFury

Most of my Platinums are embarassing, like:
Sound Shapes x3
Terminator Salvation
Trine 2
Magus :facepalm:
Many Telltale games :facepalm:
Any other easy platinum game that I can do in less than 5h...

Yea I'm a looser, trophies should be both challenging and fun. And I'm simply an addict, or how you call it here a 'trophy hunter'

For me, It's probably The Amazing Spider-Man 2. It is an awful game, and I had to beat it twice. The second playthrough was miserable, I must say. The weird thing is I didn't even platinum the first one, which was a decent game. 

Other than that, I really don't go too far out of my way for a platinum, especially with bad games. 

I forgot about sound shapes. One of the worst games ever, not even just because Its an annoying plat. It's just utter garbage

When I get a platinum I won't be embarrassed no matter what game it is for.

It's just a trophy in a video game that complete strangers might see.

If anyone gets embarrassed about that then I am going to guess they have never ever been completely drunk and tried to chat up a random girl and then throw up all over her shoes...

Now THAT'S embarrassment (not to mention probable harassment) :)

Now that's pathetic... Some trophies can be embarrassing.

None that I can think of, in both the sense that I struggled with even though they were easy or played purely for trophies.

I suppose one could argue that I should not have Sound Shapes on my profile 3 times, but I did play it across all 3 platforms pretty equally -- as you can probably see by the timestamps -- and just didn't feel like doing all the stages over again every time I'd load it up. The only other one I can think of that sticks out as a red flag is the Sega Collection, which seems to wind up as an easy platinum on many of trophy hunters profiles since it doesn't take too long, but even that I played out of pure interest for the games.

I can see it both ways in how someone would be embarrassed by trophies or how someone should have no shame in what they do. I guess the only opinion I would insert on the matter is that the only time it gets embarrassing is when you turn the whole entire process into work instead of fun, in which case you're just torturing yourself over virtual kudos that have no actual weight in life, so why turn your hobby into a chore by playing a ton of terrible games you would, in past time, not have given the time of day?

I can't say I have an embarrassing plat. I probably make it easier on myself by only getting plats in games that I enjoy playing in the first place. I also don't plat games that involve too much grinding, just not enough time, especially with my backlog.

Hmm. I don't really have any, and any games I plat I enjoy.

It's embarrassing I have not done Bloodborne yet though  :lol:

So off my list erm I guess TTR World Tour. Glad it was a plus game. Still enjoyed it though.

How the hell do you have 19 platniums since April.You must spend all day on the PlayStation.

I'm not embarassed about any platinum. I have a nice mix of relatively easy games and some extremely difficult but crucially they are all games I wanted to play and experience.

I think the only games you can be embarassed about are games that you wouldn't touch with gardening gloves if it wasn't for them having trophies

• Like 1

How much hours a day you spend playing your PlayStation.

Why the concern? :huh:  You do realise most of my plats are fairy quick and easy? (except driveclub which was just time)

As for the question..depends. I work anywhere from 35-50 hours a week, factor in the odd beer night I could spend a whole day off, when I actually have them, gaming or just a hour or two in the evening or morning. You can even see on my profile there are a few games where I had a week off gaming, hence fallout, Farcry Primal and Uncharted DF took almost 2 weeks to finish...heck Uncharted 4 is all ive played since release..a week ago. Yet I'm only just about to plat it. 

Well, to be quite honest. I would like to Platinum some more difficult games than I currently have on my profile, but it has to be games that won't cost me a ridiculous amount of time.

Can't say that I am really embarrased about the games that I have put on my Platinum list so far. But to name a few. CSI and NCIS I would never play again because it were awful games. Besides that Cabela's Adventure Camp, Toy Story Mania and Megamind were way too easy and clearly I ain't the target audience for those games.

I did prevent grabbing the embarrassing Platinum of all time on the Hannah Montana game. Someone gave it to us, sold it without ever playing it... :D