Most embarrassing Platinum

patrickogorman19

I'll never be embarrassed by my platinums. I have Megamind and NCIS on my profile, and I certainly played those games just for the trophies. But I love trophies, and having more is fun for me. Those 2, and Spongebob: Plankton's Robotic Revenge are the only games I ever specifically went for trophies, and I used to love watching Spongebob, so even that was still wanting to play the game a little. Spare Parts I got cuz I knew Simon Pegg was in it, and that it was a fun and easy co-op platinum, which my friend and I bought to plat together and then realized the servers had closed. As for the Telltale games I have platinumed twice, once I got the plat I didn't go back and check how different decisions affected gameplay, so I used the 2nd platinum as a way to see that while still fluffing up my PSN trophy stats

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hitman GO :-(

Personally, I had a lot of fun with Hitman GO and hope that Lara Croft GO comes to the Vita as well.

Teslagrad for me, not because it was a bad game but because I specifically played it with only the platinum in mind and used a guide to make it through. Made me feel like I was playing for the wrong reasons and I haven't cared as much about trophy hunting since.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

There are a few that might embarrass me a little - like stacking the auto pops of Sound Shapes, or the free Vita versions of some games - but those don't really make me feel embarrassed, as loads of folks have done the same, and I don't really see myself as being a particularly gluttonous example of the practice.

I do feel a little bit embarrassed that my very first PS5 platinum was a fully Auto-Popped stack of Hitman 3 - but again, it is tempered by the fact that that one wasn't possible to avoid - it is server-side saved, and so Auto-Popping is inevitable if I want to play the best version of the game - and I was obviously going to want to play the best version of what I consider one of the best games ever!

There are probably some folks who might expect the one I am most embarrassed by to be one of the Ratalaika games, or something else super common, but again, I'm comfortable that I got what I expected from those games for the most part, and enjoyed them enough to feel fine about their ease - and even the ones that weren't good didn't monopolise much of my time anyways.

The one that really does make me feel embarrassed though is:

Lc03922.png

Sniper: Ghost Warrior

The idea that there was a time I was willing to grind that shit-hole multiplayer just for a platinum is, at this point, a source of extreme embarrassment.

That I was willing to waste that much of my precious gaming time on something so actively terrible and devoid of merit, fun or joy.

What a wally I was then! :facepalm:

The fact that it is relatively rare only makes it all the more embarrassing - it means loads of other people realised what a complete clown-shoe the game was, and decided not to waste their life in the way I did.

All I can say is - They made the right choice, and I made the wrong one ?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Probably Paw Patrol ??

5 year old son wanted it and thought "why the hell not get a plat out of it?" 

So I let him play it on my account. 

Other ones would be easy plats like slyde, Tokyo run ect. 

I hear about them being easy and if it's only a couple of dollars I get curious and wanna see just how bad they are. 

39 minutes ago, AIDA_Tri-Edge said:

I hear about them being easy and if it's only a couple of dollars I get curious and wanna see just how bad they are. 

You could watch them on youtube to see how bad they are, and for free. :)

This is how people willing pay micro transactions on mobile.

"Oh it's only a few dollars"

A fair few games are on PS sale these days, are only a few dollars, good games too.

2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

You could watch them on youtube to see how bad they are, and for free. :)

This is how people willing pay micro transactions on mobile.

"Oh it's only a few dollars"

A fair few games are on PS sale these days, are only a few dollars, good games too.

But I don't care about a couple of dollars. 

And I get amusement out of it. 

I often go looking for indie games and little gems that don't make the spotlight. 

Getting harder to find with Sony's big screw you to Indies

Edited by AIDA_Tri-Edge
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AIDA_Tri-Edge said:

But I don't care about a couple of dollars. 

And I get amusement out of it. 

I often go looking for indie games and little gems that don't make the spotlight. 

Getting harder to find with Sony's big fuck you to Indies

How much amusement did you get out of Slyde? All 14 seconds of it, must have been awesome.