Rumor: Uncharted on PS4

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/10/29/ps-blog-shows-uncharted-3-on-playstation-4/

The EU PS Blog has rather indiscreetly posted a picture of what appears to be Naughty Dog’s Uncharted 3 running on PlayStation 4.

The picture is part of a post detailing the new PS4 YouTube app and shows a snow bound mountain ledge which appears to be a screen from the game. To add to the mystery the filename clearly begins with “Uncharted 3″ and the tags also include “Uncharted3″.

unch3.jpg

We can think of two possible explantions, perhaps Uncharted 3 is getting spruced up and coming to PS4, Naughty Dog have discussed the idea in the past saying “I think it would be a great way to introduce – I wouldn’t say a new generation – but to expand the people that are bound to know Uncharted.”

Alternatively, a rather less excitingly, the image is captured from a PlayStation Now stream and it’s the original game running on Sony’s forthcoming streaming service.

UPDATE: Gossip on Twitter suggests you can not record from PS Now, which means Uncharted 3 must have been running on the PS4. That, or Sony are massive trolls and spend far too much time on Photoshop.

UPDATE 2: The image appears for from Uncharted 2, not Uncharted 3. Photoshop shenanigans may be afoot!

UPDATE 3: The picture has now vanished from the EU blog, we’ve poked Sony to try and find out what is going on.

I would imagine this would be a no brainer for Sony just like Last of Us Remastered.

I missed out on Uncharted last gen so I would love if Sony released a 'Uncharted Collection' on PS4. Would be something similar to go up against Microsofts Master Chief Collection.

• Like 4

I suggest you check them all out :pimp:

If they make a PS4 remastered version I will for sure. I would get them  for PS3 but I'm trying to hold off buying anything else for that system for now, I'll just play whatever is on my backlog or whatever I get from plus. I do actually have Uncharted 3 from PS Plus but I can't download it due to it's ridiculous file size.

If what they say about former 360 owners coming to PS4 this gen is true due to the Xbox One PR trainwreck, then this would be the perfect way to allow them to play the Uncharted games, much like Last Of Us Remastered.  And I guess that sold really well, so the potential is definitely there.  Personally I don't see the problem with ND making this instead of working more on Uncharted 4, cause they have two teams.

• Like 1

The problem of this remasters is that they will never have the same essence as playing originally when they came out, for example, playing Uncharted 2 for the first time was an absolute beast experience back in 2009 and in Uncharted 1 (2007) Drake wrecks a plane which is later referred in Uncharted 3 (2011) by Sully saying: 'this plane is not like the one you wrecked 4 years ago'.

While I wouldn't mind adding an Uncharted Remastered Collection to my PS4 game catalogue, a few questions spring to mind:

- Will the games effectively keep to their old control schemes, or will they add value by introducing the touch pad to the entries? Perhaps a dual control scheme?

- Will it effectively be the same exact game with revamped graphics, or will they add to it? Re arrange the treasures, add scenes, create an even larger place to explore?

- Will they include the overlooked Golden Abyss? To be honest, I felt that game trumped U1 and U3 and was a great entry.

- How would they go about multiplayer? Uncharted 2 was a rather badass multiplayer when it rocked around, and I remember having fun times passing the controller between me and my mates each time someone died. My question is would they bother to include multiplayer and servers for a PS4 re-release, or should they go about either having it separated from the games, or perhaps even scrapped?

- - Also, will we get Last of Us maps for lols? Please?

- Would they go the extra mile and include the Fight for Fortune card game thing I never played? Why the fuck not.

Seriously, that could be one badass package that many would happily jump for just because it's bursting to the brim beyond the usual bursting to the brim. To have something like that release before Uncharted 4 would be so, so nice.

Of course, that's assuming that this image is a real deal. I don't think it is because Drake didn't have time to chill in the Himalayas some time between escaping a burning building in France, and hot footing it in the Rub Al Khali Desert. But I reckon he wished he could. I think this is just promo material at best.

Edited by AuzzieWingman

A bit off topic, but who here thinks Drake is going to die in this one? I sure as hell hope not, he is an awesome character. But the subtitle "A Thief's End" does not leave me hopeful. I think either him or Sully is gonna kick the bucket :(

I don't think either are going to die. The thief in question will probably be a historical character. It'll probably be a dual meaning as well, where it becomes Drake's last adventure. No one lovable will be written off. I don't think naughty dog has the balls to do that with uncharted to say, last of us.

I'm almost 100% sure we'll see an Uncharted collection of some sort surface on PS4 before Uncharted 4 comes out.

If they include Golden Abyss (a very underrated game) and Fight For Fortune along with Uncharted 1-3 and price it below £40, Naughty Dog would be on to a winner.

The PS4 touch pad could substitute for the Vita touchscreen interactions that Golden Abyss had.

I'm almost 100% sure we'll see an Uncharted collection of some sort surface on PS4 before Uncharted 4 comes out.

If they include Golden Abyss (a very underrated game) and Fight For Fortune along with Uncharted 1-3 and price it below £40, Naughty Dog would be on to a winner.

The PS4 touch pad could substitute for the Vita touchscreen interactions that Golden Abyss had.

This.