Most desired reboot?

Mr_Freaker

What movie, anime, cartoon, series, ... would you love to see rebooted?

It doesn't matter if the movie/show itself was released anytime recent.

I would love to see a more mature reboot of Pokémon, more adults, more adult problems, deadlier creatures, more "real" characters, ...

You?

• Like 1

Anime:

Shaman King(Don't kill Zeke this time) & Rave Master(Rather have the Series' Sequel, but if they can't continue the Anime for that long at least make it end; and No! Fairy Tail is not a Reboot/sequel to this Series, I don't even know how that conclusion came about...lol).

Game:

Assassin's Creed:

They were doing well, but after 3(AC3 is one of my Favorite & first ever AC game played, but after that game...the story just went to WTF?).

Resident Evil:

Why did you kill Wesker like that Capcom? And the obvious lean towards CoD ._.

Edited by DarknessKey92

I'm not into movies/TV much, so I'll just list games

Tomb Raider

I really enjoyed the new Tomb Raider, but.... It wasn't Tomb Raider. It had tombs as a side-thing and instead focused on the slaughtering of hundreds of men. Would rather it get rebooted (again!!) and return somewhat to the original structure

Spyro

Don't even try and tell me that Skylanders is Spyro. It isn't. Skylanders is a shameful cash-grab using the Spyro name to get it to sell. Smh

Crash Bandicoot

When was the last time we had a Crash game? Mind Over Mutant? That game wasn't bad, but it obviously didn't sell well enough that it was worth carrying on the series, so best to just reboot it

Rayman

Let's make these 3D again please. Nothing wrong with the 2D games, but I much preferred the 3D ones (although, playing through Rayman 3 again on PS3 isn't as fun. Maybe because I'm following a guide and I had already played it 20+ times on PS2?)

• Like 2

Several Final Fantasy games like FF7 and FFX, wish they could roll several like FF7, Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus into one rebooted collection, but I doubt it. Another would be Dragonquest 8 and Rogue Galaxy, and both Dark Cloud games. They were greatest games I ever played, I wonder what it would be like when overhauled to use the best of PS4.

I'd like to see a new MediEvil personally, along with a fair few other things mentioned already.

Oh - and a good Jak 4. The Lost Frontier doesn't exist.

EDIT: on the topic of Jak, I'd much prefer a new game in the vein of The Precursor Legacy; à la the original wave of 3D platformers from the PS1-PS2 era. tl;dr: give me Jak without the guns.

Edited by Daigashadokuro

I'd like to see a new MediEvil personally, along with a fair few other things mentioned already.

Oh - and a good Jak 4. The Lost Frontier doesn't exist.

EDIT: on the topic of Jak, I'd much prefer a new game in the vein of The Precursor Legacy; à la the original wave of 3D platformers from the PS1-PS2 era. tl;dr: give me Jak without the guns.

Agree, Medievil was such a great game on PS1!

Danny Phantom

That show was my favorite. I feel it ended shortly with only 3 seasons and had the potential for more.

Prince of Persia

This game seriously needs a reboot. After Two Thrones, it quickly went crashing into the ground.

It got a reboot - Prince of Persia (2008) was a fantastic game, but they made the silly error of going back to the old formula with The Forgotton Sands to try and tie-in with the (aweful) movie, and abandoned thier good work with the reboot.

It got a reboot - Prince of Persia (2008) was a fantastic game, but they made the silly error of going back to the old formula with The Forgotton Sands to try and tie-in with the (aweful) movie, and abandoned thier good work with the reboot.

I liked both, they weren't bad, but even PoP '08 didn't feel like the awesomeness that was the original Sands of Time trilogy. So I guess a reboot to the reboot.

In movies, I would love an proper Ghostbusters reboot. I know they will do one with an all female cast.
I want and reboot with the original cast, I know that isn't possible though. :(
But it would be pretty epic with an Ghostbusters reboot with the original  cast. 
VigoPainting.JPG
I would also like to see Shrek come back to the big screen, feels like a long time ago. Favorite animated movie in my books :D

In games. Spyro, and I want the proper Spyro, insomniac Spyro that we all know and love. 
Crash, Gex, Croc, Medievil, and Ape Escape also. It's too obvious imo. Grew up with them, still play them on my PS1 & PS2. Great games!

I also would like to see an Sequel to God of War. Not really an reboot. Just continue the saga in some way or another. I guess the story is pretty done, but if you reboot it you've got ALOT of possibilities! :D

Edited by MarsipanRumpan

I would love a Pokemon anime series reboot, it got so bad when Ash got into Hoenn.. as well as that, inaccurate as hell.  I'll really like one that follows the games well.  Pokemon Origins was that but really short.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer needs to come back.. I miss that show. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I just wish that they would make a sequel to 2008's Punisher: War Zone movie. Honestly, it's as close to The Punisher as it's ever been, and it was very sad to see so many people shit on it. Nobody cared about the 2004 movie until Thomas Jane bailed on the project. Then all of a sudden, everyone's up in arms against Punisher: War Zone because Thomas Jane wasn't cast as Frank Castle. Ray Stevenson is a better fit for the part IMO. 

Anyways, I've derailed. I wish the sequel to War Zone would be War Journal, with Stevenson returning to play the part of Frank Castle.