How long did this game take you to platinum?

It took me 60 hours to plat. I'm sure most people will get it around 100 if they're planning out their time and using a guide.

Lingering Will was a bit difficult, and a couple of the data battles gave me a little trouble to figure out the correct strategy, but I wouldn't call them overpowered. They're actually a bit of a joke compared to the BBS extra bosses. 

• 3 weeks later...

Wait till You play Birth By Sleep...lol

This basically, as the bosses on Birth By Sleep were not kind. 

It took me 60 hours to plat. I'm sure most people will get it around 100 if they're planning out their time and using a guide.

Lingering Will was a bit difficult, and a couple of the data battles gave me a little trouble to figure out the correct strategy, but I wouldn't call them overpowered. They're actually a bit of a joke compared to the BBS extra bosses. 

Agreed, but the Xemnes Data got me every time until I got to level 99. 

^ The bright side is that at least BBS has a [Retry] option!

According to my play file, it took a little less than 60 hours. All things considered, it's probably closer to 50 considering how long I would leave the game

running while I went to do other things. 

Edited by saign_365
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm 115 hours into my normal play through and could see this taking me 300+ hours easily.

And does anyone else think the lingering will or replica data is a bit overpowered or is it just me?  

5 weeks on and off. 70 hours to platinum. 300 hours is a bit extreme. How in the hell are you already 115 hours in?

To me nothing in Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix is "grindy" as in annoying. Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix may take a good 80 plus to platinum, but in the end you get a game if perfect challenge difficult as in critical mode for data and Terra, and also a surprising annoyance free Gummi ship. As for Birth by sleep the challenge is also perfect, but unfortunately we need to complete reports if all 3, and the minigames there, hahaha, let me stop here xD

Enjoy Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, The masterpiece!

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Haven't gotten the Platinum on the PS3 version (I've been playing it on and off), but if I had to compare my progress on the original Final Mix on the PS2, I'd say about 25 or so hours to get 100%.

And that was me trying to speedrun 100% everything that the trophy list had specified. However that was years ago, I'm nearing like 55 hours now but most of it is just because the load times are horrendously hindering me compared to the original and a LOT of idling. I'm not young like before so I can't stay awake as long as usual like I did when this game came out LOL.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

here a few things that help for the hard boss fights.

get a full set of ribbons + the grand ribbon from the sunset puzzle. ribbons are very special they do reduce the dmg on everything and u can get up to 53% dmg reduction. (i would recommend to give riku 2 ribbons too)

equip the kingdom key. the kingdom key has the ability "damage control". damage control lets u take half the usual dmg in critical situations. if u combine it with the one u get from lvling up u will take only half dmg at half health.

get 4 full bloom+. full bloom+ has the ability "mp haste" wich increases your mp regeneration by 25%. stack 4 of them and u have 100% extra mp restoration. (you can give riku one too)

if u are unsure what abilities to use here is what i used for my third playtrough on critical where i didnt use a single stat booster except ap plus and i beat all the data fights like that.

(action) guard, finishing leap, flash step, slide dash, vicinity break, aerial dive, aerial spiral, trinity limit. you can also put in explosion in if u want to.

(support) put everything on, but dont equip any combo plus abilities, combo master, drive converter, magick lock-on and berserk charge. (take out form boost for the luxord fight, because it also leaves u longer in dice or card form)

you can grind up power boosts and defense boosts if u want to make it even easier, but you dont rly need it.

i would also recommend to grind up 20-30 elixirs. i dont think u will need more then that.

I would have to check as I do not recall, but I believe it was over 100 hours for me. Though, to be honest, I did not try and rush through the game since the second Kingdom Hearts game was my favorite back on the PS2. Instead, I took my time and played it accordingly since at least 20+ hours were taken up due to idling alone. :P

• 4 weeks later...

I'm currently 77 hours and all I really need to do is the mini games, missions, limits, synthesis and S ranking 8 more EX missions. I am actually doing everything on Critical and a whole 12 hours was spent on the Data Battles alone.

Edited by wakdestoyer

• 7 months later...