A game you really enjoyed that had a disappointing ending?

Ubernahme

The Walking Dead: Season Two

The Last of Us

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

God of War: Ascension

Asura's Wrath (you'll have to pay for a DLC to see the true ending.. what a steal!)

The Walking Dead: Season Two

The Last of Us

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

God of War: Ascension

Asura's Wrath (you'll have to pay for a DLC to see the true ending.. what a steal!)

Gonna have to get old school here, but Suikoden for the PS1 had a disappointing ending.

The game had a great story and good gameplay with the addition of 108 different party members to choose from, but the ending and final boss felt like a rushed mess of "huh?".

While I would play the game again, that ending ruins this games over all feel to me.

Bioshock 1. Everything after going up the last elevator before the boss, just wtf were they thinking? 

How do you mean?

Gonna have to get old school here, but Suikoden for the PS1 had a disappointing ending.

The game had a great story and good gameplay with the addition of 108 different party members to choose from, but the ending and final boss felt like a rushed mess of "huh?".

While I would play the game again, that ending ruins this games over all feel to me.

And that's weird because, it may have just been what I played, but a lot of Playstation one games were pretty solid.

Personally for it I think it would have to be Last of Us.

I loved the game and the story but the ending when they were are the cliff and she just asked if he was lying and then you give ur response.  All I gotta say is there better be a last of us 2

Here is the link that might help you to understand the ending better:

the explanation starts at 33:50 but to get the full picture of what Neil is talking about watch it from the start. Personally i enjoyed this more than the grounded documentary. Edited by dimonemt
  • Like 1

I had to think on this one a little, but I would have to say the original Valkyria Chronicles was the most dissapointing to me. I have played games with worse endings, yes, but I really enjoyed V.C., yet everything in it post-Final Flame of the Valkyrur simply fell flat. That and the ending can be summarized as "everyone goes home" and "so-and-so" gets married; add in a pointless heroic sacrifice and it leaves you wonder, "What happened?" The games' ending just never felt satisfying to me.

Edited by Seprith-2

Shadow of Mordor.

The game was great. Loved every minute of it. The 3 major boss battles. You had the 1st boss be a standard strength battle. Then the 2nd was a game of stealth. Then we came to the final boss.

Fucking QTE......really? Massive let down in my opinion

exactly.

This thread is a fascinating insight into how thick some people are - so many complaining that endings that are cliffhangers or difficult to understand, or are not fully explained - basically saying they want everything to be detailed in excruciating, child-friendly detail and spoon fed to them.

There are lots of games that have genuinely bad endings, but an ending that at least attempts to be artisticly valid (bioshock infinite or TLOU for example) is not 'bad' simply because some portion of the audience are of low intelligence.

• Like 1

This thread is a fascinating insight into how thick some people are - so many complaining that endings that are cliffhangers or difficult to understand, or are not fully explained - basically saying they want everything to be detailed in excruciating, child-friendly detail and spoon fed to them.

There are lots of games that have genuinely bad endings, but an ending that at least attempts to be artisticly valid (bioshock infinite or TLOU for example) is not 'bad' simply because some portion of the audience are of low intelligence.

Or maybe different people have different opinions. Mindblowing right?

Or maybe different people have different opinions. Mindblowing right?

Not that I want to get into an argument here... but there's a difference between an opinion, and an opinion rooted in ignorance.  If an opinion is only there because someone was too lazy or too thick to see the bigger picture, then I think there's some merit in treating it as such.  Not every discussion has to end at "SHUT UP, DIFFERENT OPINION, NA NA NA NA".

Edited by Dreakon13

The Last of Us ... I thought they would have had a good ending like the uncharted series.

Almost all Assassin's Creed games ... It just feels as if it's like an episode (AC1 - Episode 1), (AC 2 - Episode 2), (AC B - Episode 2.1) and so on..

few other games that people have mentioned ... I'm still working on Rage, and Bioshock Infinite, so I'm kinda worried.

But i guess it's all about your view of the game, whether you thought that the ending was good, or enough.

SPOILER

Comes to my mind in GOW 3, after all he pass and after all the people and the gods he murdered he kills himself... I´m like "WTF ??? Seriously ???" 

Don´t get me wrong love the series of GOW but that was a very disapointing ending :x

I´m hoping that Santa Monica Studios could make GOW 4 to the story continue but unfortnately i don´t think that going to happen  :unsure: