A game you really enjoyed that had a disappointing ending?

Ubernahme

I feel that the endings too the Assassins Creed games are always awful, then again the series is not known for the depth anyway. I also feel like Drakengard 3 could have had an easier boss fight and a better ending for what its worth. All over though their aren't many games that have had terrible endings in my opinion so meh...

Personally for it I think it would have to be Last of Us.

I loved the game and the story but the ending when they were are the cliff and she just asked if he was lying and then you give ur response.  All I gotta say is there better be a last of us 2

I think that, that is exactly the reason why they ended it like that in the first place, to leave it open for a sequel...

Wow, everyone hating on TLOU... I really enjoyed the ending.

He killed tons of people and abandoned saving society all for the sake of Ellie. He'd rather live in hell with Ellie then end up alone.

I think it's perfect where it is and doesn't need a sequel.

You know you want one too, you're just afraid of it's story being cliché. Have a little faith in Neil Druckmann (Naughty Dog mastermind after all), he can pull it off.

The first game was perfect and as long as they don't make one every other year, I'm sure if there ever comes a second one, it will raise the standards of gaming once again ;)

Sorry to sound like a fanboy, I accept your opinion, just expressing my own   :)

Don't get why ac3 get's soo much hate either. I agree on the fact that the present day ending doesn't make a lot of sense, but I still think they did a good job on it, there just wasn't any other option. Connor'rs ending was better than Ezio's in Brotherhood and Revelations imho.

Edited by DarKNesS_X

Skate 3 I just felt like there could of been at least a cut scene congratulating you on your sales or success.

This one I really have to agree on (being I'm a skateboarding game junkie). It took me the longest time to realize that I'd actually gotten to the target score I needed. No end cut scene, no end credits, not even a congratulatory high five. Just. Meh.

• Like 1

I think that, that is exactly the reason why they ended it like that in the first place, to leave it open for a sequel...

You know you want one too, you're just afraid of it's story being cliché. Have a little faith in Neil Druckmann (Naughty Dog mastermind after all), he can pull it off.

The first game was perfect and as long as they don't make one every other year, I'm sure if there ever comes a second one, it will raise the standards of gaming once again ;)

Sorry to sound like a fanboy, I accept your opinion, just expressing my own   :)

Don't get why ac3 get's soo much hate either. I agree on the fact that the present day ending doesn't make a lot of sense, but I still think they did a good job on it, there just wasn't any other option. Connor'rs ending was better than Ezio's in Brotherhood and Revelations imho.

It's not that I'm completely against it. I don't think it NEEDS it, but I do know one thing. If anyone can pull it off, it's Naughty Dog for sure!

• Like 1

Shadow of Mordor.

The game was great. Loved every minute of it. The 3 major boss battles. You had the 1st boss be a standard strength battle. Then the 2nd was a game of stealth. Then we came to the final boss.

Fucking QTE......really? Massive let down in my opinion

• Like 1

I would comment about at least half a dozen games, but do you know what?

FAR CRY 2

It was an awesome game based on exploration, really enjoyed hunting diamonds and hidden stuff. Missions were very funny as you had a lot of freedom about how to accomplish them.

However, the storyline was just reasonably good and the ending was completely pathetic  :facepalm:

I would like to see a remake of Far Cry 2 in a near future, because for me it is a gem and underrated game. Perhaps people could enjoy it more if it had a decent ending instead of that piece of garbage.

This one I really have to agree on (being I'm a skateboarding game junkie). It took me the longest time to realize that I'd actually gotten to the target score I needed. No end cut scene, no end credits, not even a congratulatory high five. Just. Meh.

Was there even a phone call?

The "21 Sacraments" ending from Silent Hill 4 was a pretty depressing end to a good game. I should point out that it was one of 4 different endings though.

Metal Gear Solid 2 ending was very underwhelming

The Last of Us ending was perfect in my eyes. It's left to your own interpretation. It makes you think.....

• Like 1

Mass Effect 3, most definitely.

The Walking Dead Survival Instinct. I thought they were gonna link it to the TV series.

Assassin's Creed 3 (Connor's story)

Resident Evil 6

Murdered: Soul Suspect

AMY

Borderlands 1

F.E.A.R 3

Mafia II

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus

The Evil Within