New Dante or Old Dante?

Alvaro-M27

Now I wonder, with both DmC and DMC4 remasters out there, could we have a new game with both Dantes on screen somehow? At this point, I'm not sure which story is Capcom pushing forward.

Technically they already did that with DmC, Capcom got scared because of the bad sales and the bad feedback it had from older fans of the original series and added in "Original" Dante.  And no, I really personally don't want Ninja Theory to touch that series again.  And I think Capcom have said that, that DmC will be the last Devil May Cry game that Ninja Theory makes.

Technically they already did that with DmC, Capcom got scared because of the bad sales and the bad feedback it had from older fans of the original series and added in "Original" Dante.  And no, I really personally don't want Ninja Theory to touch that series again.  And I think Capcom have said that, that DmC will be the last Devil May Cry game that Ninja Theory makes.

I agree NT shouldn't make another DmC (they are busy with that new IP of theirs anyway), but I wouldn't mind seing the new Dante again, maybe picked up for some other developer (Sucker Punch?).

But, if they do decide to scrap DmC and just continue with Old Dante, I'm fine with it too =D to be honest, I just want another excellent DMC game, no matter who the main is (or looks like).

Definitely a tough choice and I do really like both, I think overall I'd have to say the original Dante is better since he just looks way cooler and is usually more badass, but I do think that the new Dante comes really close to being as good, I can appreciate both as awesome characters though and I love all of the DMC games and DmC so really either Dante is cool with me  :)

shaneyboy619.png

Old! most of us have grown with the original Japanese with 4 DMC games, why the hell do you change that?

Kinda reminded me of that horrible movie Street Fighter: the legend of Chun li. she scream "all Chinese" then this movie try to state it all wrong " nope! she's an American" huh? h.how? since when????

Edited by yellowwindow7

DMC: Devil May Cry was a reboot so it did not surprise me that they changed the character. The issue I find with comparing them is that the DMC Dante and the Devil May Cry 3 Dante cannot be that different in age and yet they are very different people; from the way they act to their points of view. That means... they are not the same person. This should be obvious, but many seem to think this is just a younger Dante and he will "grow out of" any flaws we can find in him to become what we see in DMC1 and DMC4.

But they are not.

We are given two people with the same name and general same concept. That said, I prefer the original Dante. The new one is just too crass and vulgar for me to like and lacks the charm of the original because, put plainly, he is either boring or he just tries too hard.

• 2 months later...

Biggest problem with this Dante is that he just feels like one of those abusive douchebag teenagers you see clubbing every other week. I mean hell even Dante in DMC3 felt like a bit of a tosser but he was mainly just young and cocky; I get a real scummy vibe from this one. Didn't help with Ninja Theory and the rest of the games journalism community riling up the fanbase (though it was kind of worth it purely to see Tameem's public breakdown). 

Really though he's just a product of the attitude of the writer, who  mistakes being cool and edgy for being a prick. I think Alex Garland said something about it when they were writing Enslaved  (for some reason Alex has a writing credit for DmC even though it's evident that he pretty much had nothing to do with it) that they were discussing a scene where Monkey just brutally kills someone for the hell of it and the writing team and staff thought it was cool, but Alex just thought it made him seem like a (in polite terms) prick and they ended up scrapping it because he saw it as dehumanising and out of character. I have to say thank fucking god Alex was there to save Enslaved, as we see here what happens when Ninja Theory is left to their own devices. 

Edited by LunchCannon54