New Dante or Old Dante?

Alvaro-M27

What are you talking about? There's only one Dante... Oh you mean that Twilight reject? LOL silly kid, that's no Dante :P

What about him makes him a "Twilight reject" exactly? Does he glow? 

I think the new Dante generated a lot of hate simply because people didn't want to see the old Dante go. In fact, most people almost try TOO hard to hate on the new one for that reason alone. xD I think they're a bit dramatic though I do agree the older version was superior, especially if it's DMC 3 Dante.

What about him makes him a "Twilight reject" exactly? Does he glow? 

I think the new Dante generated a lot of hate simply because people didn't want to see the old Dante go. In fact, most people almost try TOO hard to hate on the new one for that reason alone. xD I think they're a bit dramatic though I do agree the older version was superior, especially if it's DMC 3 Dante.

No, but he's just a Emo wannabe :P

I hate him really lol But the worst thing about him is how he looks so much like the game director, it's like he made it like that to boost his own ego or something like that, and the way he treated the fans when the design was announced was really childish so that makes me hate him even more...

The game being really bad didn't help neither, sure the level design is top notch, and the way the sets change on the fly is something worth seeing, but the characters are a joke, the story is boring, and the gameplay is so easy it makes any fan of the old games ashamed. So yeah, DmC to me is a joke, I've payed 7€ for the game and I regret it

It's funny, Devil. Everything you said reminds me of what a good friend of mine said when Yaiba came out. As a Ninja Gaiden fan he felt they kinda let the fans down with it for pretty much all the same reasons.

At least they're re-releasing 4 on the next gen consoles, right? xD

It's funny, Devil. Everything you said reminds me of what a good friend of mine said when Yaiba came out. As a Ninja Gaiden fan he felt they kinda let the fans down with it for pretty much all the same reasons.

At least they're re-releasing 4 on the next gen consoles, right? xD

Yay and that's something i'm eager to see... I've read something about Virgil return about DMC4 Special Edition for PS4...

What you guys think that means??

Yay and that's something i'm eager to see... I've read something about Virgil return about DMC4 Special Edition for PS4...

What you guys think that means??

That it's gonna be akin to DMC3 special edition, where there's a playable Vergil and that's probably it. They won't have him as a major tie-in to the game, just that he's selectable and maybe give him one cutscene (if that). Not really complaining, but it'll probably be the outcome.

Edited by Inc

That's it's gonna be akin to DMC3 special edition, where there's a playable Vergil and that's probably it. They won't have him as a major tie-in to the game, just that he's selectable and maybe give him one cutscene (if that). Not really complaining, but it'll probably be the outcome.

I don't like that :/

• 3 months later...

How could me of all people have missed this thread?

Well... *looks at avatar at signature* obviously old Dante. I didn't hate new Dante, but I didn't find him likable either. I just feel like he's someone else with the name Dante by coincidence. Ultimately, I felt like the real tragedy was Sparda and Mundus. Sparda goes from a godlike legend into some coward who wears khaki shorts, and Mundus goes from Master of Hell itself into some Dr. Evil corporate villain. It's a shame too, since I felt the guy who played Mundus did well. It just feels like a different game, but everyone is coincidentally named after Devil May Cry characters and no one can convince me otherwise. 

The real Dante to me is our Stylish pizza loving, strawberry sundae eating, over the top Devil Hunter. This is proof enough.

• 2 months later...

I like them both. Original Dante is cool and all, but so is Reboot Dante.

They're unique in their own way, so how they act is because of their different upbringings despite similar stories.

I thought the new Dante was a nice breath of fresh air. It's different, it's new and overall it's pretty damn fun to play. Sure people give me flak for it but it's cool.

• Like 1

How could me of all people have missed this thread?

Well... *looks at avatar at signature* obviously old Dante. I didn't hate new Dante, but I didn't find him likable either. I just feel like he's someone else with the name Dante by coincidence. Ultimately, I felt like the real tragedy was Sparda and Mundus. Sparda goes from a godlike legend into some coward who wears khaki shorts, and Mundus goes from Master of Hell itself into some Dr. Evil corporate villain. It's a shame too, since I felt the guy who played Mundus did well. It just feels like a different game, but everyone is coincidentally named after Devil May Cry characters and no one can convince me otherwise. 

The real Dante to me is our Stylish pizza loving, strawberry sundae eating, over the top Devil Hunter. This is proof enough.

I can't believe I missed your comment. I like what they did with Mundus. It made for an interesting boss fight and an interesting villain. It's so generic to have the master of hell hate you, but you never see anything like a super mogul god of corporations trying to control the world through debt in video games.

I can't believe I missed your comment. I like what they did with Mundus. It made for an interesting boss fight and an interesting villain. It's so generic to have the master of hell hate you, but you never see anything like a super mogul god of corporations trying to control the world through debt in video games.

I feel like it could have worked better in another game. But Mundus to me from the parts we see of him in DMC1 struck me as that overlord that didn't care about those who served him and just sees himself above everyone. Like when he calls Trish and Dante's mother an "it" or when he kills Griffon. DmC's Mundus didn't make a lot of sense. Like why does he worry about having an heir when he's immortal? I feel like he should have just used Lilith and the child as a trap, and so when Dante and Vergil go up to fight him he's like "You thought I cared about her? You did me a favor getting rid of her. It was just to draw you out." You could say it's just a way to care for the villain, but for the supposed lord of all evil it doesn't make sense.

I disagree about the boss fight though. DmC's Mundus fight was really simple even on Must Die, and kind of a letdown. I had a tougher time against pretty much every other boss before him.

Original Dante.  And this is why:

• The white hair was nice.  Why did they have to go and change that?
  • Fact he was a dork but still was cool/badass in everything he did.
  • Cares more that he gets his Strawberry Sundae/Pizza than carrying out demon slaying.
  • He lives in a shop (compared to the newer one that lives in a trailer).
  • He is half human half demon.

New Dante didn't have any of those, he reminded me too much of one of those kids who try to act cool etc, but really just comes off sounding like a complete jerk.  Not a single one of the weapon cutscenes were done nicely either, he was just like "Oh new weapon" didn't do any of the showing off the original did.  Also, the Nephilim thing is stupid.  Ninja Theory got it all wrong.  Nephilims' mythology is much different than the Nephilim they displayed in their game.  They are actually half human half angel and are also giant.  Something that really annoyed me, being into all this stuff and all is that they did the race wrong.  Also the fact, half demon half angel cannot exist just going by the simple fact that demons are fallen angels, so are essentially the same races so it isn't half anything.  Sorry, got off to a bit of a rant. xD

• Like 1