Vita games that COULD be affected by March 2015 system update

StrickenBiged

Ragnarok Odyssey and ACE.

Not that critical since near only works as support for Plat. (You can send skill cards through near to your friends for the skill cards completion trophy)

Removing near won't block you from earning the trophy but the grind needed for Plat will be exponentially raised

Nice to know Uncharted will still be obtainable, anyone know if Soul Sacrifice utilises Near?

I never needed it in SS.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Does Smart As require information from near every time you attempt street wise?

This is a good thread idea!

Nice to know Uncharted will still be obtainable, anyone know if Soul Sacrifice utilises Near?

Never used it when I played Soul Sacrifice, so I'm assuming nope.

STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN (Vita)

Magnanimity

Give 5 character color gifts.

Colour gifts are sent using Near, so no Near no trophy, no trophy no Platinum.

Kirijama

Good idea to provide a link to the affected trophies, I will start doing that. Thanks for the help.

Does Smart As require information from near every time you attempt street wise?

Don't know. It's possible that the "location" is determined at the Smart As server end when connecting to the Servers. Even then, it is possible that Maps may be involved. It's a "better safe than sorry" recommendation.

Don't know. It's possible that the "location" is determined at the Smart As server end when connecting to the Servers. Even then, it is possible that Maps may be involved. It's a "better safe than sorry" recommendation.

I guess so, I read up that it takes around 3-4 months depending on skill and how many cities you visit, if it does use either of them and you don't travel, you can pretty much call it quits now.

I could be mistaken though, who knows.

I guess so, I read up that it takes around 3-4 months depending on skill and how many cities you visit, if it does use either of them and you don't travel, you can pretty much call it quits now.

I could be mistaken though, who knows.

I added to the guide this morning a short note on how to use Skyhook to trick your router into thinking that your network is located somewhere else, which was tested for me yesterday. Ham was able to get all street stars in about 7 hours. See my guide for more info.

I added to the guide this morning a short note on how to use Skyhook to trick your router into thinking that your network is located somewhere else, which was tested for me yesterday. Ham was able to get all street stars in about 7 hours. See my guide for more info.

Really? That's brilliant actually. Also, for Uncharted I think they patched the drop rate of the bounties, so using near isn't really needed at all for that game but still worth the note.

This will become a very handy thread indeed. When I'm allowed to like again, I'll make sure I head on in to this thread lol.

Good work buddy.

Really? That's brilliant actually. Also, for Uncharted I think they patched the drop rate of the bounties, so using near isn't really needed at all for that game but still worth the note.

This will become a very handy thread indeed. When I'm allowed to like again, I'll make sure I head on in to this thread lol.

Good work buddy.

Yeah, I know. I found it was much quicker overall to just replay particular chapters or sequences until I had the full sets. I tried using [near] trades, but other people were not as regular as me at checking.

Added it here because a lot of people have been asking about it on the other thread.

Thanks for the compliment. TBH I thought that someone else would have started it yesterday, but apparently not. ;)

This is a good thread idea!

Soul Sacrifice only uses near to send people Offerings. Or maybe to adhoc play with other people, but since you can adhoc play by yourself and still get the multiplayer trophies, it's not needed.

• Like 1

I've tried using Skyhook, but there is no way in hell i can make the vita see me in another place! Couldn't i configure a proxy server in my connection, to achieve this?

Sorry, I don't have any more info on how to use Skyhook than is available in my guide. As I mention there, I haven't used it personally and I am relying on what others have taken the time to tell me. Try having a google - I'd have thought that there must be a tutorial out there somewhere.

Wait I seem to have made a mistake, there are 2 trophies that are made easier with near.

If they're potentially affected at all, it would be useful to know which ones (sorry if it seems like I'm going on...). The thread is not only for ones which will become un-plattable, but also to reassure people that some games they're worried about wont become un-plattable.

If you let me know the trophy names I'll update the OP.

If they're potentially affected at all, it would be useful to know which ones (sorry if it seems like I'm going on...). The thread is not only for ones which will become un-plattable, but also to reassure people that some games they're worried about wont become un-plattable.

Throwdown, and Honor Upheld.

Do you think Destiny of Spirits will be affected?

It's a GPS/Location based game that I play daily and JUST recieved an update yesterday adding new features and content

plus it's a Sony-made game...but I'm not sure if that even matters

They tweeted not too long ago that it won't be affected, no.

enEiCPO.png

https://twitter.com/dos_official_en/status/560621765626306560

• Like 4

Thanks for starting this thread and providing the info for the games that could suffer from this loss. I have several of these games in the backlog and might need to get my ass in gear.