Vita games that COULD be affected by March 2015 system update

StrickenBiged

I have platinum on little deviants and no you don't "need" near to get a challenge from someone. That said the game is very broken and from my experience near was a great help and got me the trophies. I got two challenges from psn friends before i knew how rare they were and they were from two different countries. so you don't need near, but it gives you more options

Does Smart As require information from near every time you attempt street wise?

Never used it when I played Soul Sacrifice, so I'm assuming nope.

Near itself is not needed to do Street challenges, but it uses "location data acquisition service", which Near is built upon, so it doesn't really matter. It is not Near that is being ditched, it is the underlying service that Near is built upon, so it also affects games that uses location data acquisition service even if it doesn't go through Near.

I've tried using Skyhook, but there is no way in hell i can make the vita see me in another place! Couldn't i configure a proxy server in my connection, to achieve this?

Was wondering if Smart As would be affected. Guess I'll need to learn how to use Skyhook and go for that plat now doods

You d00dz, I screwed up Skyhook for a good half hour earlier today, eventually I got it, major thanks to *I don't know how to tag* Ham and StrickenBiged for introducing me to the concept.

For me, and I've been doing it the last couple hours slowly, it's not that hard. What you do is you go on the site http://www.skyhookwireless.com/submit-access-point and key in your MAC address, if you don't know it, go to Google, I can't tell you how to get it on Windows because I did it on Mac, and I ended up getting my MAC address off of the sticker on my router itself. Anyway,

Alright, when you're on Skyhook, type in a place you want your Vita to be, I'm in Australia and about 2 in every 3 places I put in work, from what I can gather, they need to be either major cities or really big suburbs, being in America, I'm sure you have a lot more places to choose from, speaking of which, probably a good idea to keep it on your country/region just to be safe, you could try going out of there, it might work fine, but I don't know.

Anyway, once you've picked a place, key in your MAC address below, and give them an email, the email is just to tell you about what you've just done, every time you key in a new location, you'll get an email telling you about it, since you don't actually need to read them or anything, just use a fake email address if you can't be bothered deleting your inbox.

After you've set that up, jump into Smart As and go into Street Smart, if you don't know, that's found in the globe thing in the top right corner of the main menu. You'll also, obviously, need to have the patch installed as this is an online feature. Also, it asks if you want to sign into the PSN, you can, or you cannot, it's your call, but either way, will work fine, or I've found that so far.

Then, assuming everything has worked well, you'll get X amount of points from your Street Smart game. You'll get a trophy for your first one, then, oh yeah, the point system, in Street Smart you play 3 games per challenge, so an easy, then medium, then a hard one, the games vary with each place you go but it's always easy, medium, and hard. In each one, you have the usual 3 star setup as in the main game, so in each challenge you have a maximum possible 9 stars. Now, you'll get a trophy for your first Street Smart session, even if you get zero stars, then you get a trophy for 10, 20, 50, and 100 points. Once you're done with your hundred, you need not worry about losing the location services or whatever, and can just leisurely go about finishing off all the offline stuff on your own time.

Also, go use SrickenBiged's guide, told me a few useful things, I already was planning on skipping the internal clock ahead for the 100 day trophy, but there's a few things like playing a game on the same difficulty 5 times to unlock the next one, that were of great assistance. Sweet guide. www.psnprofiles.com/guide/624-Smart-As-Trophy-Guide

Oh, and good luck, I mean, you shouldn't need it, it's not super hard, but good luck anyways.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I found this topic when looking for information about Near, very helpfull. I also had made a thread on another site. This is just to help you with your guide and also to help people that want to get their hands on those trophies that will become unatainable.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/vita-discussion/258156-games-near-trophies.html?posted=1#post4958683

does Near Affect DOS?

Not according to the developers. See the OP.

You d00dz, I screwed up Skyhook for a good half hour earlier today, eventually I got it, major thanks to *I don't know how to tag* Ham and StrickenBiged for introducing me to the concept.

For me, and I've been doing it the last couple hours slowly, it's not that hard. What you do is you go on the site http://www.skyhookwireless.com/submit-access-point and key in your MAC address, if you don't know it, go to Google, I can't tell you how to get it on Windows because I did it on Mac, and I ended up getting my MAC address off of the sticker on my router itself. Anyway,

Alright, when you're on Skyhook, type in a place you want your Vita to be, I'm in Australia and about 2 in every 3 places I put in work, from what I can gather, they need to be either major cities or really big suburbs, being in America, I'm sure you have a lot more places to choose from, speaking of which, probably a good idea to keep it on your country/region just to be safe, you could try going out of there, it might work fine, but I don't know.

Anyway, once you've picked a place, key in your MAC address below, and give them an email, the email is just to tell you about what you've just done, every time you key in a new location, you'll get an email telling you about it, since you don't actually need to read them or anything, just use a fake email address if you can't be bothered deleting your inbox.

After you've set that up, jump into Smart As and go into Street Smart, if you don't know, that's found in the globe thing in the top right corner of the main menu. You'll also, obviously, need to have the patch installed as this is an online feature. Also, it asks if you want to sign into the PSN, you can, or you cannot, it's your call, but either way, will work fine, or I've found that so far.

Then, assuming everything has worked well, you'll get X amount of points from your Street Smart game. You'll get a trophy for your first one, then, oh yeah, the point system, in Street Smart you play 3 games per challenge, so an easy, then medium, then a hard one, the games vary with each place you go but it's always easy, medium, and hard. In each one, you have the usual 3 star setup as in the main game, so in each challenge you have a maximum possible 9 stars. Now, you'll get a trophy for your first Street Smart session, even if you get zero stars, then you get a trophy for 10, 20, 50, and 100 points. Once you're done with your hundred, you need not worry about losing the location services or whatever, and can just leisurely go about finishing off all the offline stuff on your own time.

Also, go use SrickenBiged's guide, told me a few useful things, I already was planning on skipping the internal clock ahead for the 100 day trophy, but there's a few things like playing a game on the same difficulty 5 times to unlock the next one, that were of great assistance. Sweet guide. www.psnprofiles.com/guide/624-Smart-As-Trophy-Guide

Oh, and good luck, I mean, you shouldn't need it, it's not super hard, but good luck anyways.

Dude, I'm adding this to the guide as well. Thanks for going into all the detail.

I wish I could contribute more to the data in this thread but I don't even have a Vita, yet. Regardless, I want to publicly express my gratitude towards StrickenBiged for taking on this project/list. It will be a very valuable resource for the next few years as Vita Trophy Hunters will definitely need to know which platinum trophies are unobtainable. Great work StrickenBiged! I'm sure I will be using this thread a lot when I do finally get a Vita. Thanks amigo!

Hi guys,

I found this topic when looking for information about Near, very helpfull. I also had made a thread on another site. This is just to help you with your guide and also to help people that want to get their hands on those trophies that will become unatainable.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/vita-discussion/258156-games-near-trophies.html?posted=1#post4958683

Thanks langedougie. Just to clarify, are you cool with me copying the work you've done on the other site (;))?

I wish I could contribute more to the data in this thread but I don't even have a Vita, yet. Regardless, I want to publicly express my gratitude towards StrickenBiged for taking on this project/list. It will be a very valuable resource for the next few years as Vita Trophy Hunters will definitely need to know which platinum trophies are unobtainable. Great work StrickenBiged! I'm sure I will be using this thread a lot when I do finally get a Vita. Thanks amigo!

Aw, shucks. You're too kind.  :wave:

I think that maybe a list of games that use near, should also be made, even if it doesn't effect the trophies. TC, you got time for that? If i had or knew more about vita games I would do so, but I don't own many.

At the moment, this thread is focusing on games where trophies might end up being affected.

Not according to the developers. See the OP.

Dude, I'm adding this to the guide as well. Thanks for going into all the detail.

Also, I tried a few American cities, like Maryland, Kansas, Vegas, all the cool ones from movies, none of them worked, nothing outside of Australia worked for me, so I'd say this has to be in your region.

For those who do care, these are the only Australian places that worked for me, in the order I did them, which was at random, so no alphabetizing here

Geelong

Canberra

Adelaide

Fremantle

Perth

Bendigo

Townsville

Darwin

Melbourne

Nothing from Tasmania worked, ACT didn't even work, I had a whole list of big ass metropolises and those were the only ones that worked for me, anywhere in those general areas and you should be good to go, 9 there, so if you do all 9 for each one you're looking at 81 points in a single day, not too shabby considering 9 per week is the intended best possible score.

The Little Deviant trophies Honor Upheld and Throwdown are broken as hell. They definitely don't depend on Near, and rumors of using Near helping somehow have never been duplicated. If you're reading this after any kind of Near changes and think that's the reason you're not able to get them, it's not the case. It's probably part of the reason the studio which made the game was closed by Sony less than a month after the game and system was released in Japan and before the game was ever released in North America/Europe/everywhere else.

in sunflowers there is a trophy that required near to send one flower to someone on your friend list so maybe this affect on that trophy too but im not sure  :huh:

yup... there is one trophy that requires Near: 

My first gift 

One or more flowers have been sent to a friend for the first time

- only doable via Near...

WOW!, i was about to be one pissed broad! Luckily i'll get the plat for Smart As... later on tonight (since the weekly challenges update at 6pm EST) ... since i did it legit, it took me longer to do this (just in case some of you dont have enough stars to plat this before march, you can just re-register your router through skyhook OR just drive aimlessly to different cities for challenges, LOL)

As for Street Fighter X Tekken, i started that game last year, but didnt finish (even though i only have 12 trophies left) .. but from what i remember, the magnanimity trophy can easily be done in about 5 minutes, so its really not hard.

Good luck to everyone else that needs to do this games!

yup... there is one trophy that requires Near: 

My first gift

One or more flowers have been sent to a friend for the first time

- only doable via Near...

I posted this on the Sunflowers board

"My first gift trophy

I don't think this requires online. I was at my doctors office today, and I couldn't get on any wifi, the single was to weak, it still popped when i went to near.

Or is there something im missing about near?"