Your favorite 360 exclusive?

Dreakon139

As some are aware, I'm rather taken to the 360 these days. I've been establishing a nice collection of games but they're all just my favorite multi-platform games. I wouldn't mind getting into one of the acclaimed 360 exclusive series though. I'm thinking Gears of War (I can get all three games for around $60 if I'm a crafty consumer), but I'm curious to hear the thoughts of the community here, since I respect you so.

And I'm being serious, so anyone that posts "there are no good 360 exclusives" will have their ears bitten off!

Exclusives that I have played and loved

Left 4 Dead 2 - Certainly a buy if you have a few friends you can play with

Fable 2 & 3 - really good set of games if you are into that type of Action RPG

Mass Effect - I only played a few hours but what I have played is awsome (should really go back and finish it off)

I have again only played a few hours of Alan Wake and it is a pretty good survival game, as for Halo I have only played Reach and i found it fun, especially Infection mode (I think that's what it's called)

Not to seem rude, but this is not a 360 site, this is a Playstation site. With that said, go to a 360 site to talk about 360 games :D

Not to seem rude, but the day I can't discuss the Xbox 360 in the Other Platforms/Consoles section of this fine site is the day I lose faith in everything I ever believed in!

Thankfully I don't believe in much. ;)

I'm not sure if it is still exclusive, but if you have a young child or little brother/sister/cousin, I cant recommend the original Viva Pinata highly enough.

It was a fantastic little game, and I wont lie, It often had me up playing long after the kids were asleep.

Should be cheap as chips these days too.

Not to seem rude, but this is not a 360 site, this is a Playstation site. With that said, go to a 360 site to talk about 360 games :D

Dreakon has every right to post about his console of choice in this thread.

• Like 1

Dreakon has every right to post about his console of choice in this thread.

I realize that, and I was kidding for the most part. Obviously I saw the "Other Console" portion of the forums as I frequent all parts of the forums, but regardless it seems strange to be talking about the Crapbox 360 on a Playstation site. That's my opinion, so just ignore me cause it really does not matter in the long run! :blah: lol :P

P.S. Sorry for any offense caused if there was any. I have a strong disliking for all things Xbox.......it's the PS fanboy blood in me. lol :D

I realize that, and I was kidding for the most part. Obviously I saw the "Other Console" portion of the forums as I frequent all parts of the forums, but regardless it seems strange to be talking about the Crapbox 360 on a Playstation site. That's my opinion, so just ignore me cause it really does not matter in the long run! :blah: lol :P

P.S. Sorry for any offense caused if there was any. I have a strong disliking for all things Xbox.......it's the PS fanboy blood in me. lol :D

Daniel, its simple, if you dislike the Xbox, dont post in the threads for Xbox. This makes more sense than risking offence or coming across as a troll when refering to it as the crapbox.

We'll leave it there and let the thread get back on track. However if you wish to discuss it further, I'm just a PM away.

On Topic: Another couple of exclusives you really shouldnt ignore are Forza & Project Gotham Racing.

• Like 2

I was thinking about my dislike for how Xbox gets COD DLC first and then I realized one really good exclusive the Xbox has that I am jealous of (and is one of the reasons I dislike the xbox.......Call of Duty 2! COD2 was in my opinion the best WW2 COD (story-wise) next to W@W. I might have gotten a 360 for COD2 alone had I not already had a PC capable of running it! :D So regardless of what I have said previously Dreakon, that is the one exclusive I would recommend. I am sure it is dirt cheap since its been out for ages. :)

Alan Wake has been piquing my interest very much these days, anyone have any experience with it? Completely forgot about it, but it's from the guys that made Max Payne (a favorite of mine back in the day) and looks up my alley.

So many older Xbox 360 games can't be found in stores anymore... at least new. Used is a little easier to find but I'm less lenient these days with getting crap quality cases/manuals/discs to save $4-5. Hell, I can't even find Portal 2 for the 360 new in stores anymore (of course, Portal 2 isn't an exclusive, but still lol). I've burnt out on Portal 2 a bit with multiple playthroughs on the PS3... but I still really enjoy the game and the fact I can't find it only makes me want it more.

Gonna try another smaller local gaming joint and see if they have Portal 2 and/or Alan Wake new... otherwise I may have to resort to buying online and waiting a week for shipping. :unsure:

Alan Wake has been piquing my interest very much these days, anyone have any experience with it? Completely forgot about it, but it's from the guys that made Max Payne (a favorite of mine back in the day) and looks up my alley.

So many older Xbox 360 games can't be found in stores anymore... at least new. Used is a little easier to find but I'm less lenient these days with getting crap quality cases/manuals/discs to save $4-5. Hell, I can't even find Portal 2 for the 360 new in stores anymore (of course, Portal 2 isn't an exclusive, but still lol). I've burnt out on Portal 2 a bit with multiple playthroughs on the PS3... but I still really enjoy the game and the fact I can't find it only makes me want it more.

Gonna try another smaller local gaming joint and see if they have Portal 2 and/or Alan Wake new... otherwise I may have to resort to buying online and waiting a week for shipping. :unsure:

I played through Alan Wake and thought it was amazing. The layout of the game (it was presented kind of like a TV show complete with cliff-hangers and "next time on Alan Wake" segments in between each 'episode') was done very well and the way they built the tension was quite creative. The combat is pretty standard when it comes to aiming and shooting but the use of light adds a wrinkle that's right on par with having to dismember necro's in Dead Space... not literally of course, it's just a mechanic that makes the shooting a bit more creative than the headshot, headshot, headshot, formula of most games of the same genre. If you're looking for someone to vouch for it then I'll raise my hand.

I played through Alan Wake and thought it was amazing. The layout of the game (it was presented kind of like a TV show complete with cliff-hangers and "next time on Alan Wake" segments in between each 'episode') was done very well and the way they built the tension was quite creative. The combat is pretty standard when it comes to aiming and shooting but the use of light adds a wrinkle that's right on par with having to dismember necro's in Dead Space... not literally of course, it's just a mechanic that makes the shooting a bit more creative than the headshot, headshot, headshot, formula of most games of the same genre. If you're looking for someone to vouch for it then I'll raise my hand.

I thought the episodic format would have been a bit better if the game was a weekly DLable game, I think that would have made the ending of each chapter a bit more effective, being able to player the next part straight away took some of that away I think

• 2 weeks later...

Just to follow up...

Alan Wake ... Awesome! Loved my first play through (though the story confused me a bit). The day/night thing got a little predictable but the graphics were gorgeous and despite being predictable, the atmosphere and gunplay itself kept me on my toes. Also introduced me to a few bands I never knew of, like Poets of the Fall. Good music selection. ;)

Lost Odyssey ... Only played a little so far but feels VERY Final Fantasy-esque (PS1 and early PS2 era). It's what I was hoping Final Fantasy XIII could be, and a part of me is happy I have the console it's exclusive to. :)

Trials Evolution ... Just came out today. I loved the old Trials games on the PC and I put off getting Trials HD because I knew this was coming out. A fun, challenging little motocross game, worth the $15. Lots of ways to customize everything from your rider to the gameplay itself. Kind of like the Little Big Planet of motocross games. :P