Do you prefer games with easy or hard trophies?

Edddyy

I like harder trophies, it makes me proud when I have them. Like the trophies that make you play on a difficult setting or upgrade a certain weapon. The collectible trophies are okay. Those are more for show on how much time you put into a game.

I prefer trophies that are difficult, but I hate trophies that are just grinds. I want to showcase skill, not a lack of a life lol.

I would like to post an addendum to my original post. While what I said is true, my choice in what to play has nothing to do with trophies. I look for the kinds of games that I think I will enjoy playing. That being said, when I find a game I really enjoy, I do like collecting all the trophies.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I love really difficult trophies like the Vanquish Challenges, Killzone 2's elite campaign, and Catherine's babel mode.

I HATE grinds though. The only two times I have done really long grinds where in GTA4 (I hate that Petrovic guy) and Mortal Kombat (soon I'll have the plat :D).

The grinds don't take skill. They just need time... I prefer investing my time to other things....

Truthfully, as long as I actually enjoyed the game, I don't mind going for the plat. I won't kill myself over a plat either but I don't mind spending a day or two trying to go for a trophy on a game I actually enjoyed. If it's a GRIND, then I'll simply spread it out so I won't feel burnt but if it's finish the game on hard, I usually save those for the plat. Same for MP, if I loved a game but the MP sucks complete ass, I won't really attempt lvl. 50 trophies unless a friend comes along to have a few laughs and stuff or if it takes some time to get into, I'll go for it.

It's the mix that makes me tick.

Whilst grinding or hopelessly trying for that one difficult trophy I love to play a fun dead easy game in between that "pings" trophies every ten minutes or so. Makes me think I actually have a chance to get those other trophies :lol:

I prefer skill related trophies over long grinding ones. And i really hate missable trophies and online ones. I play mostly RPGs, which require 100+ hours of gameplay, so if theres a missable i make sure i read all about it so i dont ruin the chance of getting it. But when i got the Beat Zico trophy in WipeoutHD, i felt really good, a sense of accomplishment, i still consider it my hardest trophy to date. Although when i got the Fear 2 platinum i was so relieved that it was over, i broke the disc and swore ill never boost like that again. It wasnt fun, although i did meet some cool people.

I wont buy games just for easy trophies, but do have to admit that trophies sometimes make the decision on whether i play a game or not. RDR being free on PS+ is a good example, i kinda wanna play it, and as i try for platinum in all games i play, i know when enough is enough. From what i read about the game so far, the online trophies dont look fun. Maybe in the future ill give it a go, but ive to many games to play right now