Do you prefer games with easy or hard trophies?

Edddyy

i prefer difficult trophies, because they give me bigger replay value, so i know that what i spent my money on something that was worth it. harder trophies make me play a game longer, and go back to it eventually. its not like i ever platinum my games anyways, i only platinum about... 1 out of 10 games i play.......

For me it doesn't really matter as first and foremost, the game I am playing has to be fun. It doesn't matter if it is a dog-easy trophy, or a exceptionally tough one; if I don't like the game and do not have fun playing it, the trophies are at the bottom of my list for that game or games.

• Like 1

really? even with a possum under your bed?

I enjoy fun games (either console or bedroom based), but getting a reward for my performance should be breakfast, not a wee *ding* Platinum.

I wont play a game for trophies, I have stopped playing games that are classed as "easy plats" since I did not enjoy them. Its not the trophy that counts, its the joy you had getting there.

And I have just realised that its nearly a month since I last racked up a trophy.....

• Like 1

I have much less stress with easier games/trophies so I would say I prefer them. With that said though, I don't mind a challenging game at all. I have gone after a few difficult games/trophies in my PS3 endeavors. Since going on my easy game streak lately I've come to realize I just don't like playing exclusively hard games. These PG-rated games (most of them anyways) are quite fun and simple.... plus, I get the added bonus of being able to play them with my wife/kids around ;)

I like a good mix. Like I just platinumed Trine 2 and NCIS (very easy games), and now I am going to start on Resistance 2 (very long and possibly hard) and the infamous Killing Machine trophy :o ! (Also, I am "working" on BF3, RandC:All4One, LA Noire, Crysis 2, Infamous 1, and Dead Space: Extraction at the same time although very sporadically). :D

The fun factor is the most important thing, but I've come to realize that I prefer the games with harder trophies. I've whored out and played a couple games that were "easy plats" and it was just an unsatisfying experience for me. For example, getting the Sly trilogy plats were kinda meh for me, but when I finally get the Payday plat, I'm gonna do backflips and scream Hallelujah at the top of my lungs.

The so so feeling from getting another plat just for the sake of it doesn't compare the euphoria of getting a really challenging plat/trophy for me.

Trophy difficulty doesn't matter to me. I buy games that I think are fun/know I'm going to like and earn the trophies they have along the way. I HATE ONLINE TROPHIES. I can't stand having to rely on someone that I've never met before to do something crazy bananas for a bronze trophy :angry:

• Like 2

I'm in agreement with a few others on this, in that trophies don't matter at all to me when talking about video games. Sure, I enjoy earning them as much as the next guy but what really matters is the game itself. I'd rather play a fun game with ridiculous trophies I'll never earn than an extremely awful game with easy trophies. Speaking of that, I've just played Terminator: Salvation over the weekend with a buddy of mine and thought it was quite enjoyable. I've been thinking about picking it up for some co-op action with the wifey since it didn't seem to difficult.

Parker

• Like 1

I have much less stress with easier games/trophies so I would say I prefer them. With that said though, I don't mind a challenging game at all. I have gone after a few difficult games/trophies in my PS3 endeavors. Since going on my easy game streak lately I've come to realize I just don't like playing exclusively hard games. These PG-rated games (most of them anyways) are quite fun and simple.... plus, I get the added bonus of being able to play them with my wife/kids around ;)

This is pretty much where I sit, though I mind challenging games usually. :)

The trophies I like best are those that accompany the game without sending you on irrelevent objectives.

For example, L.A. Noire was pretty fun as a game but it's unlikely that you would ever know to look for and collect golden film reels on your own. The trophy for collecting them was just busy work.

For one, if a game is going to have collectibles than those collectibles should benefit you in game in some way.

I don't care how easy a game it, I wont platinum it if I get bored of the game - i.e. The Darkness 2, Jak 2, Harry potter and the half blood prince, battlefield 3.

• Like 1

If I enjoy a game enough I'll attempt to platinum it, no matter how difficult the trophies are. But if it's proving too hard or boring I won't bother. Difficult, time consuming or grind based trophies can taint my opinion on a game, and honestly I'd much rather leave on a high knowing that I have just finished a brilliant game, rather than leaving annoyed because of a stupid virtual trophy.

On the other hand, if a game is shite I won’t even bother with the trophies unless they are easy to unlock. There's no point investing my time into something I won't have fun playing.

• Like 1

Looking at my Platinum list (all three of it), you would guess easy; that being Uncharted 3, Skyrim, and ME3. Not one of those Plats is hard, but I enjoyed every game thoroughly enough to get them. I like a game with a mix of easy and hard trophies, if anything. The one thing I can't stand though is being forced to do online trophies in a multiplayer setting in order to receive a Platinum.