Is this game any good?

FuZionHiT

It's an easy enough plat, but it's not great. The main character is what ruins it. The game play is sub par at best. The online is terrible, but the story is at least descent. If you enjoy sleeping dogs then give this one a go. For $25 it's not bad. But being someone who bought it for $60 it wasn't worth it.

I paid 60 bucks and bought the season pass... I enjoyed it. Some don't like it because it didn't live up to the hype... Which I mean, no game will ever live up to the hype... because you picture something in your head and when you get the actual game, it won't be the exact same thing you imagined. For 25 bucks you could do far worse. It is a pretty decent open world games, a few cool guns to play with, the hacking ability, the digital trips are just fucking awesome... especially the spider tank digital trip... The side content can be a bit tedious, as they require you do a shit ton of driving missions, among a few others, but they are fun if you space them out. The music is a love or hate thing... I personally enjoyed 5 songs or so from the soundtrack.... but you can create your own playlist from the songs you collect so you won't hear the ones you dislike. As for driving, some cars are a bit tricky to handle, but that's when you're really cruising... I prefer to use motorcycles as they handle very well. 

• Like 4

I thought it was a fun open world game. Story could have been better, but I liked some of the supporting characters. The hacking and stuff is pretty cool. It's definitely not anywhere near as bad as I was lead to believe from all the drama after it launched, but a lot of it was just bitching about graphics, which is something I don't fret over too much. But yeah, for $20-25, definitely worth it.

• Like 3

It's an easy enough plat, but it's not great. The main character is what ruins it. The game play is sub par at best. The online is terrible, but the story is at least descent. If you enjoy sleeping dogs then give this one a go. For $25 it's not bad. But being someone who bought it for $60 it wasn't worth it.

Wait...does this game play like Sleeping Dogs? I haven't played it yet but am a bit intrigued in getting it since it's on sale as well.

I got bored halfway through and quit it. I mean, it presented itself well at the beginning, but really that's all that there was to it that got me interested. The more I went on, the more missions just felt like they were repeating themselves and I quickly got burnt out on it. The story also felt like a different version of Assassin's Creed to me. So honestly, I wouldn't recommend it unless you really just want another sandbox game to play. $25 isn't too bad I suppose, so it's not a big loss if you wind up not liking it.

Personally, I found it boring and not worth the £45 I ended up paying at launch. Once the story was over I only managed 2-3 hours of attempting to clean up the map before throwing my hands up and saying "nope, I am not having fun, screw this".

If I had to value it after the fact, I'd have said that £15-£25 was about right. If you have been waiting for a sale then have at it, but you may want to consider going physical and/or pre-owned so you can trade it in again after you're done.

Yes it's a really enjoyable game. People just had ridiculously unwarranted hype for the game, no idea what they were actually expecting other than Assassin's Creed with guns and cars. I agree the main character is "safe" as far as main protagonists go. 

• Like 1

Definitely,Watch Dogs is flipping awesome,technically its even impressive for a multiplat...don't let the stupid crap people say about it fool you.It happened to me and I almost missed to play this great game.

Watch Dogs is fun as hell and gorgeous too...game is beyond enjoyable with lots of things to do and its very underrated as well because its one of the best open-world games out there,even the online is cool,clever and can be fun.The only real downside of the game is some bugs but those hardly will interfere in your experience,most of the time they will be funny.

Edited by Welmosca
  • Like 1

Good game if you want something to occupy your time with. True I set my expectations for this game too high, even going as far as to pre-order the collectors edition. I really wanted this game to give the player more freedom than it did. You can hack NPCs you see on the street but only to a small extent. example gaining access to their phone allows you to see text messages between two NPCs but you can't do anything really with it like pretending to be the other person and sending fake texts back to that NPC. In short the hacking in the game when you look at it overall ends up being very generic. The game isn't hard to platinum and you get a decent amount of hours out of it. Hopefully Ubisoft will be able to comply all the comments and suggestions they have received in the next hacking game they develop. Even if that game does not take place in the Watch Dogs universe,

It's pretty decent, hacking mechanic is nice and runs well. Driving feels odd at first but you'll learn to handle it.

For $25 I'd go for it, I suggest looking at some gameplay footage and take that into account rather than random people telling you it's either amazing/absolute rubbish.

Story is pretty ok

Shooting and gameplay is great

Graphics are quite nice...

For the rest:

Driving is shit

Hacking is shit

Side missions are shit

Digital trip is shit

Voice acting is shit

Music is shit

So for 25 bucks? Yeah sure, why not... :P

The game is great. Nice and detailed world. Hacking is much fun. Driving around just for fun is cool. Collecting is not as boring as in other games.

The story itself I don´t know much of it so far, did not finish Chapter 1 at the moment, because spending a lot of time in the open world. But seems to

be OK.

Edited by Babsimabuse

• 1 month later...

I was within earshot of those same negative reviews as most everyone. I definitely pulled back a few times when attempting to purchase but after watching is some PS4 broadcasting on hacks,poker,gameplay, etc. I was transfixed. So I pulled the trigger.

The game didn't, let me down. It complements next gen very well and I can see why they were trying to hype this.

The game just needs to be played in an open world manner. Yes, the amount of work needed to platinum can be a grind but it allows the game to showcase itself. It provides you with the tools to play a multiple number of ways and if you see and utilize that, your shootouts, chases and hacking can be epic.