Danganronpa 3 is coming to PSVITA and PS4

This is how you should feel =D

According to Danganronpa series creator Kazutaka Kodaka, it’ll feature content that can only be expressed through anime.

Meaning, there are two possibilities:

One less likely, that there is really something that can only be done by making anime rather game. Less likely, because I don't really see there could be something =D

And my own assumption, Kodaka just simply wanted to try something new, possibly no longer wanted to work on Hope's Peak Academy, but on the other hand he still wanted to give fans conclusion they wanted.

Honestly, i think it means that it won't be like the previous games, no classroom trials etc and purely focus on the events

that happened outside the school.

Honestly, i think it means that it won't be like the previous games, no classroom trials etc and purely focus on the events

that happened outside the school.

Which could be handled by doing a pure VN, that's why I incline more to my own assumption, since anime is easier to work on.

It is pretty obvious there won't be any class trials, but still, you could do a pure VN =D

So from what I have been reading is the game will not have anything to do with the story of the past two games it will be a new direction where the anime will be the finish for the first two games.

I could be wrong but so far a few websites are saying this

That's exactly it.

Looks like there are still class trials in this vid. Not much gameplay, but what there is looks pretty familiar.

Sorry if it's been posted before. Only just reported on PushSquare.

Looks like there are still class trials in this vid. Not much gameplay, but what there is looks pretty familiar.

Sorry if it's been posted before. Only just reported on PushSquare.

It's literally on the previous page :P

And that's the trailer of the new game which will probably have nothing to do with hope's peak acadamy.

I was referring to the new Anime (which will probably be a direct sequel to the last games/anime) in my previous post.

Edited by Zone Hunter

It's literally on the previous page :P

And that's the trailer of the new game which will probably have nothing to do with hope's peak acadamy.

I was referring to the new Anime (which will probably be a direct sequel to the last games/anime) in my previous post.

D'oh.  :facepalm:

Anyway, PushSquare says that the game will instead feature the "Gifted Inmates Academy". Dunno what that means, but a setting where all the players are already criminals could add another layer of tension to the killing game - anyone could have done it...!

Anyway, PushSquare says that the game will instead feature the "Gifted Inmates Academy". Dunno what that means, but a setting where all the players are already criminals could add another layer of tension to the killing game - anyone could have done it...!

Whoa, that sounds pretty damn awesome if it turns out to be that way.

I dunno, I'm not fond of the idea of the people already being criminals.

It just doesn't seem as despair inducing getting criminals to kill each other as it is when you get innocent people, who under different circumstances wouldn't even dream of killing somebody, to kill each other.

Whereas with criminals, they've already shown they aren't afraid to do something bad for their own purposes. While they may only be minor criminals, they still did something bad enough to be locked up together.

I mean, you say anyone could have done it, but that was the case in the first two games - you just simply wished to believe that none of the people would be the killer because they all seemed so innocent.

Well...

I never trusted Nagito after the first trial to be fair.

Edited by madbuk

• 9 months later...

Damn this is exciting! Aside from having to buy and plat DRAE for the Project Platinum of Despair PP, I have to catch up on the anime for Danganronpa 3.

Also, i'm currenly going to school for learning Japanese :D. Man this stuff is hard as hell to learn. Right now i'm on level 1, meaning that i'm learning the basic Hiragana and how to write the syllables. I can only imagine how difficult it will be when I eventually have to learn the Katakana and Kanji.