Florida Man Admits to Killing Crying Son For Interrupting Video Game

Wade_VC

April 9, 2012

s-HARTLEY-large.jpg

A Florida man has been charged in the shaking death of his three-month-old son because he wouldn't stop crying while he was trying to play a game on his Xbox 360. According to the Polk County Sheriff's Office, the death occurred on Thursday. Twenty-year-old Lakeland, Florida resident Jacob David Hartley admitted to authorities that he shook the baby violently in the early morning hours of April 5. The infant’s mother, Amber Newton, claims that she discovered several hours later that her son was "unresponsive and bleeding from his nose and mouth," according to what she told the police.

"The infant was transported to Bartow Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced deceased," according to the sheriff's office statement.

Police say that Hartley admitted to them that he used both hands to shake the boy during a video game session prior to leaving for work. Detectives also learned that the father shook the child approximately one week prior to the latest incident because he would not stop crying.

Hartley has been charged with aggravated manslaughter of a child and aggravated child abuse. The mother has not been charged in the infant’s death as of this writing.

Source & Image credit: Huffington Post

It's motherf**kers like this that need 20 - 30 minutes in AF's special room.

We would have so much fun.

by We, I mean I.

by have so much fun, I mean hurt this son of a bitch so much.

AF has "a room" :o !?

Anyway, I was going to say something funny when I saw the title of this post, something like stupid kid, etc, but when I read this, I got SUPER peeved. What a complete.....I can't honestly think of a word worth calling this pathetic excuse for a life. If there is such a thing as hell, I hope he enjoys his stay. What a monster..... I have a 2.5-year old baby brother (I'm 15 years older than him), and he sees me as a second father. If I ever got angry enough to kill him over a F'n video game, I would actually request the death penalty as I would have no right to walking the earth any longer! We may be able to bring life into the world, but we have no right to take it away.

Darn you Wade :( ! (Just kidding, I'm not serious about the darn you part :D lol) for ruining my morning! I am now really upset over this story!

How violently was he shaking? Human infants can't be that fragile, can they?

Three month olds havent developed the muscles in their neck yet.. hell, they cant even sit up on their own. They can't even cry very loud at 3 months old. This guy was just looking for an excuse for his nerd rage.

• Like 1

How violently was he shaking? Human infants can't be that fragile, can they?

Honestly, you could shake a grown man roughly and kill him. If he's unconscious/can't defend himself.

It's not the shaking itself that kills - it's what the shaking does - injury to muscles in the neck, jarring of the brain inside the skull, etc.

It doesn't take much to kill an infant that way. It's like beating up a plant, basically. They can't defend themselves in any way at all.

The fact that this dipshit is getting no more than Manslaughter disappoints me. Immensely. This is so far worse than manslaughter it's not even funny. Then again, Florida is the state that allows you to shoot someone just because you feel threatened by them in some way.

I hate this place more and more every day. And it's people like him, and situations like this that make me feel that way.

Heeyyyy! Lookie! I found his competition for "Dipshit of the Millennium"!

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/article/251515/8/Deputies-Woman-runs-scalding-water-over-crying-infant

Port Richey, Florida - The Pasco County Sheriff's office says 18-year old Chekayla Ariel Dampier ran 142-degree hot water over a 7-week-old boy. She was allegedly upset the baby would not stop crying.

Deputies say Dampier admitted to sitting the baby in the sink and running the scalding water over his face and body to get him to stop crying. Deputies say Dampier then showed deputies how she placed the baby's head under the faucet and turned the hot water knob. She allegedly recreated the abuse on video.

Detectives say Dampier also admitted the baby cried during the entire ordeal, which lasted two or three minutes.

** Before you read on, we want to warn you the injuries are graphic. **

According to her arrest report, Dampier says she noticed his skin coming off and other parts of his skin began "bubbling." Deputies say the boy was burned so badly, when paramedics took off his clothing, skin and and his nipple came off.

The infant is being treated at Tampa General Hospital's burn unit.

Deputies are not releasing the baby's relationship to Dampier, but her Facebook page indicates she gave birth to a son at the end of February.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, holy crap, there are A TON of parents out there who don't even deserve to be parents. He better not try to pull the "video games made me violent" crap, cause that's gotten old and has been proven false several times. I don't care if you're playing a game like Manhunt 2 (or whatever), if you do something like this while playing a game, it's not the game's fault you're violent, you've already got screws loose.

Stories like this remind me I'm doing humanity a favor by not having kids. I can't stand them, but I refuse to have kids, because I wouldn't be a good father at all. Just have no patience for kids.

• 2 years later...