Thoughts on Aaru's Awakening & its trophy set

DarknessKey92

The trophy set is pretty bizarre when you consider looking @ the trophy images, because if you think this game has 5 :bronze: , 5 :silver:, and 5  :gold:...then you are sadly mistaken, trophies you'd think are :silver: or  :gold:(based on trophy image) are actually :bronze:.

The games has a total of 15 trophies, and only 1  :silver: & 1 :gold:...the rest are  :bronze:(probably the developers trolling trophy hunters).

Honestly for me the trophy images seam pretty bland too(since it's the same image for all of them, only coated in either Bronze, Silver, and Gold), but at least the descriptions seam more interesting("Watch out, the gold diggers are coming for you, for you have all the gold in the world!") then both the image/s & titles(Day, Dusk, Night, Dawn, and World).

The game to me @ least seams interesting enough to try with an impressive art style(IMO), maybe a bit tedious from watching; but I'm sure players can get used to the controls after a while to enjoy the game.

Thought I'd make this thread to see what others think of the game, seeing as how we'll be getting it for free next week(apart of April's 2015 IGC lineup).

Edited by DarknessKey92

The dog beast reminds me of one of Ben 10's aliens... can't remember the name of it though  :blink:. Looks to be an interesting game, I like the art style... and if the ingame music is similar to that of the trailer... I could see myself enjoying this game. 

I feel sorry for this game. I would've been a lot more interested in this if it wasn't coming in the same month as 'Never Alone', although this has a cool art style my quota for being intrigued enough to play a game due to art style has been used up on Never alone, which is really unfortunate. I think I glanced at the trophy list it looks like its vague and doesn't make it clear what you need to do, although I guess that they could all just be for progress.

I likely will give it a shot eventually though. I try to give every game a chance as I find some games have aspects that are done well when you come to play them despite low metacritic scores (I didn't check it someone in this thread said it.)

I don't particularly care one way or the other what the trophies look like or the descriptions. It looks pretty fun to me and the challenge is definitely appealing. Looks like you just bronze, silver, gold each individual area for a trophy and then get one when you've bronze, silver or gold'd the entire game.

Do i need to play patched?

Dunno, but I downloaded the patch and never had any issues.

Are these just progress trophies?  I do hate when trophies try to be clever with their descriptions as I don't like having to replay stuff to do trophy clean ups.

Just get the gold times for all stages, then you have 100%, that's it. Try not to die too much because you get a time penalty for dying. Gold times get a lot more lenient as you go on due to the level design. Other than that, that's all there is to this game.

Do i need to play patched?

I would suggest you do I checked around about the PC version and some people said the game was broken and trophy glitches, so those fixes ight very well be in the patch.

On another note a patch that big likely has to fix some important things.

Edited by Superbuu3

Biggest thought which have come to mind is that this game should only be played with mouse. I have hard time launching teleport orb to right spot with analog sticks. Also jumping is disorienting as you direct your charge jump with left stick and right stick only directs teleport orb. It's also small annoyance that Aaru doesn't stop right away but moves little after you let go of left stick. 

Visuals looks nice, but it's hard to appreciate them when I'm swearing silently from missed jumps or inaccurate orb launches.

Managed to get to night world (third one) but I think second stage's following "laser" section will be my stop.

The trophy set is pretty bizarre when you consider looking @ the trophy images, because if you think this game has 5 :bronze: , 5 :silver:, and 5  :gold:...then you are sadly mistaken, trophies you'd think are :silver: or  :gold:(based on trophy image) are actually :bronze:.

The games has a total of 15 trophies, and only 1  :silver: & 1 :gold:...the rest are  :bronze:(probably the developers trolling trophy hunters).

Honestly for me the trophy images seam pretty bland too(since it's the same image for all of them, only coated in either Bronze, Silver, and Gold), but at least the descriptions seam more interesting("Watch out, the gold diggers are coming for you, for you have all the gold in the world!") then both the image/s & titles(Day, Dusk, Night, Dawn, and World).

The game to me @ least seams interesting enough to try with an impressive art style(IMO), maybe a bit tedious from watching; but I'm sure players can get used to the controls after a while to enjoy the game.

The trophy images on PSN profiles aren't the actual trophy images you get with the game, for some reason, at least on the PS4. The game actually has differing trophy images, not just the same image in three different colours. The game itself has nice graphics and music, but I found the gameplay generally very frustrating and was relieved when I'd 100%'ed it. Each stage is very short, but the game gets extremely difficult very quickly. High difficulty isn't a bad thing in itself, of course, but with this game it just felt as if the developers made it as punishing as possible in order to make up for the fact that it's such a short game with short levels.

• Like 1

The trophy images on PSN profiles aren't the actual trophy images you get with the game, for some reason, at least on the PS4. The game actually has differing trophy images, not just the same image in three different colours. The game itself has nice graphics and music, but I found the gameplay generally very frustrating and was relieved when I'd 100%'ed it. Each stage is very short, but the game gets extremely difficult very quickly. High difficulty isn't a bad thing in itself, of course, but with this game it just felt as if the developers made it as punishing as possible in order to make up for the fact that it's such a short game with short levels.

Same thing for the ps3. Trophies on PSNP do not match with the ones on the Trophy list. 

• Like 1

Same thing for the ps3. Trophies on PSNP do not match with the ones on the Trophy list. 

Ah I see, that's good to know; Ibb & Obb is still the most frustrating thing I've ever played...but I'm looking forward to playing this game.

Edited by DarknessKey92

Ah I see, that's good to know; Ibb & Obb is still the most frustrating thing I've ever played...but I'm looking forward to playing this game.

I would not say Aaru's Awakening is bad. At first it is quite easy, but as you progress through the game, it gets really reliant on precision, and that is when it starts to get hard (I got mad quite a lot of times in the later leves).

It is totally worth a look though, and it is not a very hard 100%. :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

first time i played this, it took about 18 hours to complete

2nd time. about 2-3 hours 

it gets frustratingly easy the 2nd time.

did enjoy it as each full 100% playthrough gave about 360 points.

Edited by kingdrake2