Guitar Hero Live Announced for PS4

DJROE95

New guitar hero game coming out guys looks really good so far!

Really loved this game when it first came out, it inspired me to pick up a guitar and 4 years later I'm still shredding to my hearts content (with use of insanely difficult power chords)!

1st link is the reveal trailer, this did make me laugh!

Articles with more in depth detail.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-14-guitar-hero-live-goes-first-person-and-live-action-without-backwards-compatibility

http://kotaku.com/guitar-hero-is-back-and-i-really-like-what-ive-seen-1697475970

What are your thoughts guys? This is day one for me personally - Rock on lml

Also just a quick one - the price is listed as £90 for the game and guitar with an August release period :)

Edited by DJROE95

I figured it was just a matter of time before we heard about a new Guitar Hero since Rock Band was announced. I've gotta say though, I'm not really a fan of the "music video" direction this one is taking but as long as there is a great tracklist it doesn't really matter I suppose. 

Parker

Yeah you are right Parker,the track list will make or break the game, at least there is the DLC option, but I personally wouldn't like to spend any extra money after buying both game and controller, however some may be lucky enough to afford that luxury :)

I'm just such a sucker for these games - pretty soppy and sentimental but as I said I picked up a real guitar due the the game series so I feel I owe it something as it gave me such a huge passion for music :)

I've heard that there won't be hard rock or metal in the game, which is completely the reverse of where they wanted to take the series with Warriors of Rock. It might not be all that bad but the tracklist looks pretty awful. :/ I'm sure a lot of people will like it but I'm not a fan of anything I've seen so far.

I've heard that there won't be hard rock or metal in the game, which is completely the reverse of where they wanted to take the series with Warriors of Rock. It might not be all that bad but the tracklist looks pretty awful. :/ I'm sure a lot of people will like it but I'm not a fan of anything I've seen so far.

If that's really the case, screw them. The metal songs are the ones that provide challenge.

I was so stoked when I saw this announcement (TWICE, no less), but that really puts a damper on things.

I salute your quick response time, DJROE95, you beat me to it :P

I'M SO EXCITED FOR THISSSSSS!!!!!!!!! Can't wait! Day one purchase for me!

I'd even make a gaming session if I could! :L

Ok, as soon as it comes out I'll join the gaming session ha ha :P

I only just beat you too it bud, you still posted it super quick! Glad someone else is as excited as I am for this!

Wait, wait, last one: The final song in the game could be the bluegrass cover of "Gin & Juice" as done by The Gourds :D

YES!

STARPOWER ACTIVATE!!

• Like 1

Thanks for the editing magic Parker - you made made post all pretty and whatnot, is there an option to add glitter as well :D

I'm a real fan of music games but this GH looks horrible. Live-action graphics seem dumb and 3 fret buttons seems like a huge change into casual game.

There are actually 6 button, 3 on top of 3, this is so chords and bar chords can be simulated :)

I hope it's actually challenging as it seems like it's made things a little easier!

Just by the trailer it looks like some Tap-Tap Revenge crap. Like some mobile game. There's only three buttons now? If so, that isn't even Guitar Hero. Not impressed by this. More excited for the new Rock Band. I have been playing a lot of Rocksmith 2014 though.

An article on Kerrang says Green Day, My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy (among more) will be on it. As well as ...Skrillex?

http://www.kerrang.com/30324/green-day-chemical-romance-guitar-hero-live/

This is Kerrang though, so they're the bands that would interest their demographic. I'm sure/hopeful we'll see some Pearl Jam, some Foo Fighters, some Led Zeppeling maybe. Something classic that still feels cool. 

• Like 1

Aaaaand Hype is dead, I played every single GH game last gen so I was really pumped when I heard they where going to announce a new one, but I don't like it so far, I don't mind the fact that my old Instruments won't work (pr at least that is what I presume) since they are nearly dead by now, but the tracklist seems that's going to be more Pop based than Band Hero itself, so they better improve it otherwise I'm off, about the new layout and the frets changes I'm quite happy about it, I mean I don't like it, but I'll get use to it, and the classic structure really got old and repetitive, if the tracklist turns out to be of my taste, I'll forget every negative thing in a matter of time and getting use to it.

I have to say, I enjoyed the trailer but I think that after a few playthroughs or so the novelty will wear off very quickly. This just seems like they're trying to hard to be interactive when they really shouldn't be seeing as that wasn't the point of the originals to an extent.