Tales of Zestria finally coming to the west !

Xel

My friend is on track to platting every trophy version of the Tales games (he plays the Japanese versions first, plays the German versions so he can understand everything clearly and then imports the final region to stack).  He recently got the 100% in the Japanese Tales of Zestiria.  I'll ask him how he found Zestiria, but from the looks of it I love the dungeons-n-dragons world that it's in.  My favourite kind of settings for RPGs :D

That's awesome. I always thought AppleK was a female lol. I too love the dungeon n dragon feel of rpgs.

I think our very own Dr_Mayus was planning to attempt this eventually?

The good old doc is planning to attempt this? All the luck to him. You going for that challenge as well?

• Like 2

Oh yeah, it's true.

I'm more of a dubs then a subs guy myself but it's good to know that it will have both options instead of just one.

I have been in comment sections of localized games that only have one or the other and let me tell you: I have seen some things... o_o

• Like 2

I'm more of a dubs then a subs guy myself but it's good to know that it will have both options instead of just one.

I have been in comment sections of localized games that only have one or the other and let me tell you: I have seen some things... o_o

Yeah, same here, I'd rather play a game dubbed, but if it's not an option, that's fine, and if it's dual audio, then I usually give the Japanese audio a run if I need to do a 2nd run.

Some things, huh? People bitching about it only having 1 option, I assume. That's why I don't stray into comment sections of any kind.

• Like 1

I went from 0 to 100 in the hype metre after reading this, is it true? It has Dual Audio?!

Yep, yep.

(I forgot to check the first post here xD I didn't even know it was not mentioned o.O)

To everyone else who may eventually bring info about new localizations, Dual Audio is the most important part of localization! That should be the first information you provide! :D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 2

Some things, huh? People bitching about it only having 1 option, I assume. That's why I don't stray into comment sections of any kind.

It usually consists of weaboos angrily typing about how they "officially cannot purchase the game" and will "boycott the company and all future releases" because they can't hear their Japanese waifus and husbandos speaking in a language said weaboos can't comprehend a word of.  :)  It's pretty hilarious to see how defensive they get.

Anyway, I'm interested in hearing both casts.  Roll on Tales of Zestiria's European/American release! :)

• Like 3

It usually consists of weaboos angrily typing about how they "officially cannot purchase the game" and will "boycott the company and all future releases" because they can't hear their Japanese waifus and husbandos speaking in a language said weaboos can't comprehend a word of.   :)  It's pretty hilarious to see how defensive they get.

Anyway, I'm interested in hearing both casts.  Roll on Tales of Zestiria's European/American release! :)

Oh god, people like that bug the crap out of me and reading stuff like that will literally give me headaches, their comments are so stupid. Glad I stay away from those comments.

• Like 1

It usually consists of weaboos angrily typing about how they "officially cannot purchase the game" and will "boycott the company and all future releases" because they can't hear their Japanese waifus and husbandos speaking in a language said weaboos can't comprehend a word of.   :)  It's pretty hilarious to see how defensive they get.

B-b-baka!!! I need to hear the voice of my Nippon waifu uguu~

• Like 1

god the frigging mouth movements bug me so much

Sadly, a huge majority of games that are localized keep the Japanese mouth movement and don't even bother changing it since it would just add extra work to the localization process, and then we'd probably be waiting even longer for the games. I don't let it bother me too much since I always expect it.

I still have both Xillias sealed and halfway through Graces ;___;7

I have every Tales for PS3 and havnt started any yet... so much stuff to catch up.... :(

@topic: Is Zestiria fixed for the west? I mean, the japanese fans seem to be disappointed. But yeah, I have no idea whats the problem is, because I cant read it. :P

dza2s2.png

Also I read somewhere it is a crappy cashgrab and you should pick the superior PS4-version that will come and also get ported to PC then.

... I would pick PS3-version anyway, because I give a craparonie about superiorness. ^_^

Edit: And about the audio-topic... well, sorry, I get a shiver when Im playing Neptunia in english. Sorry... Thats really awfull. Also english Anime sound even worser than german Anime... and they are frightening too. :)

Edited by Neputyunu

Oh man people like this bug me.

I had this one guy at work who would always be like "I love everything about Japan :blah: ". Finally I got annoyed and said "name me one thing that isn't anime you like about Japan" and his response was Sushi. I then asked his favourite type of sushi and he responded Tuna...I rolled my eyes as my point was made.

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 2

I have every Tales for PS3 and havnt started any yet... so much stuff to catch up.... :(

@topic: Is Zestiria fixed for the west? I mean, the japanese fans seem to be disappointed. But yeah, I have no idea whats the problem is, because I cant read it. :P

dza2s2.png

Also I read somewhere it is a crappy cashgrab and you should pick the superior PS4-version that will come and also get ported to PC then.

... I would pick PS3-version anyway, because I give a craparonie about superiorness. ^_^

Edit: And about the audio-topic... well, sorry, I get a shiver when Im playing Neptunia in english. Sorry... Thats really awfull. Also english Anime sound even worser than german Anime... and they are frightening too. :)

Wait.. Zestria is coming to PS4? That's news to me. Not sure why Japanese fans find it disappointing its somewhat odd considering how popular the Tales series in Japan. However, from what I'm seeing so far the game looks amazing.