A game or games that dissapointed you big time

Ctoala6474

Alright so I just want to know from the gaming community what game/s have you played that you had high hopes for and were shot right in the face with an uppercut?

I'll start, the Last of Us

Honestly this game has so much hype and it seems to be many players #1 but honestly I thought it was trash. I cant deny the graphics were impecable and the beginning was amazing..but the gameplay was just terrible it felt like I was playing with little people just aweful, just like the uncharted series, I honestly wish all survival type games were like Resident Evil over the shoulder kind of gameplay or at least like tomb raider which I loved..I promise myself I would give the Last of Us another attempt once I get my PS4

Another dissapointment was the game Remember me, bad graphics bad gameplay bad everything

Edited by Ctoala6474
  • Like 2

THE EVIL WITHIN 

BATMAN ARKHAM ORIGINS - I KNOW ITS OLD BUT STILL, KNIGHT BETTER ONE UP IT LOL

CALL OF DUTY ADVANCED WARFARE

CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS

FARCRY 4

TRANSISTOR

TOWER OF GUNS

thats ALOT but hey, i have certain expectations for MY own hyped games lol none of these held up to what i'd hyped em to be lol

• Like 1

I thought the Evil Within was refreshing it did take me a while to love it but I came thru lol I just dont like the super hard difficulties.

Far Cry 4 I did feel it was pretty much Far Cry 3 with extra added content.

COD AW was my first call of duty and I liked it lol enough to plat it anyways.

Tower of guns I played yesterday and it was pretty boring I didnt have any hopes for it however and I just cant ever seem to get interested in the batman series.

Edited by Ctoala6474

FFX surprisingly, I absolutely loved this game when I was younger and then I re-played it with high hopes when the re-master came out and I was utterly devastated with how horrible it was

Darkness 2, it just became another generic linear corridor shooter albeit with solid mechanics and some pretty hectic gameplay what with dual weapons and dual darkness tentacles, but it felt completely underwhelming and uninspired. Also the comic inspired graphics they attempted to implement, completely stripped away the dark atmosphere

Beyond 2 Souls, the first playthrough I was pretty blown away by the graphical beauty and interesting story, then the next few times I played through It, I saw that David Cage pulled another Indigo Prophecy. Quantic Dreams simply created the illusion that your choices matter with very minor tweaks to certain dialogue and other similar tweaks, but the tweaks aren't interesting, nor do they matter. None of the choices you make really have any relevance except the end choices

one more: DC Universe Online (DCUO), whilst i still play it (just played it an hour ago) idk i just had HIGHER hopes for it, played it on PC and PS3 and now PS4, it is just sooooooooo repetitive, lots of noobie destroyers (people whom are level 30+ dueling lvl 5's making them want to leave DC -.-) ohhhhhhhh and Final Fantasy XIV -.- lol

• Assassin's Creed (Xbox 360)

• Assassin's Creed II (Xbox 360)

Bioshock 2 (Xbox 360)

Dead Rising 2 (Xbox 360)

Devil May Cry 2 (PS2)

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (PS3)

Halo 2 (Xbox)

Halo 3 (Xbox 360)

Killzone 3 (PS3)

Lost Planet 2 (Xbox 360)

Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360)

Mass Effect 3 (Xbox 360)

Resident Evil: Outbreak (PS2)

Edited by CandiBunni

Bound by Flame. It looked very promising. Even some of the gameplay did. But then when I got around to playing it, I got mad at it the more I went on until I eventually quit. In fact "disappointed" is an understatement.

Beyond 2 Souls, the first playthrough I was pretty blown away by the graphical beauty and interesting story, then the next few times I played through It, I saw that David Cage pulled another Indigo Prophecy. Quantic Dreams simply created the illusion that your choices matter with very minor tweaks to certain dialogue and other similar tweaks, but the tweaks aren't interesting, nor do they matter. None of the choices you make really have any relevance except the end choices

I recently watched TheSw1tcher do a playthrough of that. I'm actually glad I missed out on it because of how everything turned out. The whole story just felt like leftovers from Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain. But at least in Heavy Rain you could fail and get a bad ending if you messed up. Or even mess up in general. You can't even deliberately mess up in Beyond, and Cage's reasoning for there not to be a game over screen is stupid. I guess he forgot all about how he had game over screens in Indigo Prophecy.

Pokemon, Final Fantasy xii-xiii, Final Fantasy Dissidia Duodecim. In Pokemon you practicly get 100 new Pokemon in the next game and not much anything else. Ff12 was horrible the story was boring, characters were vain and badly desinged, it ruined the consepts of fft and ffta. And it was the easiest Ff so far. ( you can actually save when you do a super boss what a joke) Ff13 seriously. Everyone was hyped for it but it was meh. Characters are so bad they make me sick, pointless dialog, awful story. Then we got more games about 13 and even more about Lightning.. >_< Dissidia Duodecim was supposed to upgrade Dissidia but it just nerfed everything and brought all the most hated characters along. Valkyria Chronicles character wise, the main cast is so plain and cheesy.Eternal Sonata almost as bad as Ff13 but not that bad. The game was supposed to be about Chopin but instead it's about Allegretto and Polka. Ni no kuni, it was short and the story wasn't as great as everyone praised for me. The characters were expyed from Ghibli's movies..There some I could ramble forever about dissapointments. -.-

TLOU dissappointed me too but for different reasons, I said this before but it felt like the game was pushing me towards the next cutscene. Way of The Samurai 4 was another one. I can't even pinpoint what it is all I know is I can't even bring myself to play it, meanwhile I constantly replay 1, 2 & 3. Last game that dissappointed me was .Hack Infection party members being locked out until you purchase the next installment of the game was bullshit.

god of war ascension. i loved all the previous titles so i preordered this one and paid a whole 60$ for it. but then when i played it it just felt like the devs pulled it out of their ass. it was weaker than all the others in the series in every aspect

Bound by Flame. It looked very promising. Even some of the gameplay did. But then when I got around to playing it, I got mad at it the more I went on until I eventually quit. In fact "disappointed" is an understatement.

I recently watched TheSw1tcher do a playthrough of that. I'm actually glad I missed out on it because of how everything turned out. The whole story just felt like leftovers from Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain. But at least in Heavy Rain you could fail and get a bad ending if you messed up. Or even mess up in general. You can't even deliberately mess up in Beyond, and Cage's reasoning for there not to be a game over screen is stupid. I guess he forgot all about how he had game over screens in Indigo Prophecy.

Awesome, a fellow Sw1tcher fan, I'm surprised they even played it, they all literally hate David Cage with so much passion lol. I loved Heavy Rain and I thought it was very well made, but Indigo was simply boring and Beyond was uninspired

I always find these topics so frustrating. xD  Mostly because the disappointment I read from people generally tends to stem from the fact that many gamers have flat-out become cynical, incapable of going into a game with an open mind, and view a games hype and positive reception as a reason for an axe to grind.  And I'm just as guilty of this at times as anyone, though I like to think I'd try and avoid resorting to calling games "trash" based on my opinions... or claiming the creators are "stupid"... as some of you have taken to.

I guess The Evil Within is the closest thing that I'd qualify as disappointment in recent memory.  As much as people/media compared the game to old school Resident Evil because of Mikami's involvement, the sheer number of forced "shooting gallery" segments threw me an unappreciated curveball.  Not to mention the letterboxing and restrictive field of view made it a frustrating game to play until they patched it out on PC (the difference was night and day).  The story was really muddy and overcomplicated too, but that's probably somewhat my fault since I literally took month long breaks from the game at times for the aforementioned reasons.  Had really, really high hopes for it leading up to its release.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn
  • Like 1

Awesome, a fellow Sw1tcher fan, I'm surprised they even played it, they all literally hate David Cage with so much passion lol. I loved Heavy Rain and I thought it was very well made, but Indigo was simply boring and Beyond was uninspired

I think it was so they could complete the "Sadness Trilogy" as they called it :P But yeah, I also liked Heavy Rain despite it's flaws. Beyond just irked me in every way. I think the worst offender was at the end with Willem Dafoe's character. I don't see how anyone thought that was a good idea and I was surprised they actually went through with it. Maybe Willem's character read the script.

Killzone 3, The story was crap. It had good moments, but the ending totally ruined the game for me. Multiplayer wasnt very good either, the maps were terrible. I thought the dlc maps they added later were better.

Killzone Shadow Fall single player (The multiplayer is great and I still love it, but the story is just TRASH.)

Tomb Raider (reboot) The game is so incredibly grey it makes my eyes hurt. Sure there is a little bit of sunshine here and there, but really the game could of used a more colorful pallet. Also how they ran with Lara to become a mass murderer wasnt done well. Even though some people thought so. It was very sloppy. First she sheds a couple of tears and after an hour she is taking out squads of armed men.

Final Fantasy X-2 It has it's moments, but for the most part it's terrible. I'm not gonna list reasons because I'm sure everyone knows why this game isnt a fan favorite.

Final Fantasy 13 tbh for some reason I wasnt expecting much anyway. I didnt have hype even though I've loved Final Fantasy since pre-school. I never even finished the game. It was too painful to play. The fighting was boring and mostly just pressing x. The level system was the worst ever, I love in the old games how I can level as much as I want and dominate a boss if I want. In this game it's so limited it's impossible. Also the characters are uninteresting + the story sucks balls big time.

Far Cry 4. Same old shit.

I was very disappointed with Darksiders 2. I enjoyed the original, despite it being unoriginal, but here it feels like every aspect of the game was just designed to lengthen gametime. The puzzles didn't feel very satisfying, combat got surprisingly repetitive and the story was horribly unengaging.