Assassin's Creed Syndicate announced, releasing 23rd October

The story doesn't interest me at all. The engine, gameplay and the controls will probably be the same as Unity with a couple of new tweaks and features.

Metal Gear Solid 5 pretty much killed all the hype i had for this game.  :dunno:

Engine and controls will probably be the same, but Unity's revamped controls were the best part about the game. The engine should be much more stable now, I doubt ubi want another day 1 Unity incident.

However, you can't say shit about the story, we haven't even seen the announcement for the game yet! Unity was a red herring, and the overarching future parts of the franchise are going nowhere, but there's been a lot of enjoyable stories in the AC games. From the leaked images we've seen loads of new features, disguises, grappling hooks, carriage fighting, trains etc. If Ubi really want to flesh the era out more, they'll add a lot more depth to the combat.

Metal gear solid V comes out months aparts from AC's expected november release, you can be hyped for more than one game, dont really see what the point of that statement was.

• Like 3

I would prefer it if they would go more in-depth with the assasinations, like hitman and dishonored. It would be cool if there were more ways to get to your target inconspicuously instead of jumping of an balcony in plain sight and automatically getting discovered right after. In the stories of ac people aren't supposed to know about assasins and templars but thats kind of hard to believe when you chase your traget down a crowded street and then kill him right infront of everyone and nobody wrote about it or talked about it.

Edited by DDrag00n

I'm always looking forward for the next AC game each year, my only regret is that I played all of the last gen games on my 360 instead on my ps3 and it's annoying seeing only Liberation and Unity on my log since upgrading to 'next-gen'.

Anyways, looking forward for tomorrows reveal, although Ubi could have saved the hype for E3, but regardless it's safe to say they'll definitely show something at E3 for sure. One thing that this game interests me most is the setting and around the same time as Jack the Ripper, in which Ubi will surely not miss the opportunity to at least reference him in this one.

Like Woop said though, MGS V will probably kill a bit of my excitement for this year's AC once it's released in September.

I don't have a PS4 yet and as put off by Unity as I was...I'm looking forward to this game. Honestly I don't think they will eliminate the online aspect completely unfortunately. There will probably be a Co-Op again because Sony is going to need more games to have some sort of online to justify having to pay for online gameplay now. Could be wrong though...

I think Unity being the mess that it was will hopefully force them into polishing this game a bit more. Being used to the mechanics of the PS3 games I am looking forward to seeing what they are like on the PS4. Maybe at the end of this year...

The only other 2 games for the PS4 I'm even remotely interested in don't come out until next year so...this would have been a really boring year for me owning a PS4 lol. Glad I bought a ps3 in 2012 and not wait for the "next gen".

Lets try to keep this as the AC Syndicate thread until atleast E3?

Imo this should stay as the official thread until it's release.

After watching the reveal, I can't say that I feel any hype for the game. Nothing really stood out to me other than the story seems promising, maybe future trailers/gameplay vids can spark my interest before it's release ^-^ but for now it's not one of the games I'm looking forward to from this year. Maybe I'm just setting my expectations high :P

Edited by SkyesUnholy

I was all into the video until 1:35.

The guy didn't even flinch when Frye punched him in the face. 

If Ubisoft hasn't made smarter enemies I'll be a little more than annoyed.

As fun as the games are I really don't like when I do something "bad" in front of guards and they just turn away like they were being paid off lol.

Don't care for the song they put to the video honestly but the game looks nice. I won't lie it will feel different seeing a more modern look with trains and such, but I don't care for "tradition". (I'm going to guess his Assassin outfits will be like previous games where you can purchase new color schemes and designs.)

Kinda hope they reveal more about what will be going on in Present Day though.

I was all into the video until 1:35.

The guy didn't even flinch when Frye punched him in the face. 

If Ubisoft hasn't made smarter enemies I'll be a little more than annoyed.

Thats probably what would happen.. Were you expecting him to fly backwards or his head to pop off? 

I wasn't really impressed by what i saw in the video. The characters look interesting, and the rope launcher is kinda nice, but that's about it.

I hope that in future gameplay videos and trailers we get to see some interesting activities and mechanics, and not just the main character running around killing a bunch of thugs.

I wasn't really impressed by what i saw in the video. The characters look interesting, and the rope launcher is kinda nice, but that's about it.

I hope that in future gameplay videos and trailers we get to see some interesting activities and mechanics, and not just the main character running around killing a bunch of thugs.

Seeing as how they spent the first quarter of the stream talking about Unity, and have released gameplay this early (isn't usually until E3), I think they just wanted us to feel a bit more confident in Syndicate. I agree though, the horse and carriage bit was sweet but you'd think they'd show something more original than the standard stronghold attack mission we've seen countless times.

• Like 1

Got a mail from Ubisoft with an video.. its some seconds long and everytime Im clicking the video I get an other YT-video that is some seconds long.

... huh?

Anyway... it takes some month until I can buy me a PS4. Maybe I must even pass on Neps-Victory2 for a while... But, AC also is one of these franchises I would play forever. :)

"Greatness awaits!" xD So, when I have my PS4, guess somewhen in 2016, I can play Chronicles China and maybe India or even Russia. Unity and then Syndicate.

wowowowowha!! :o *is just fanboying around*

Its the only mainstreamfranchise (yeah I know, someone will qoute me and will be really pissed about this wordcombination, just because they hate my adorable broken english ^_^ But I guess everyone knows what I meant with it. I meant these hyped stuff everyone is playing. ) Im caring about. Just give it to me xD In my opinion they could pump it out even faster. :P

Thats probably what would happen.. Were you expecting him to fly backwards or his head to pop off? 

The guy had no movement to him whatsoever. His body was basically stone and he didn't even have his hands up. Dude didn't even seem like he understood what was going on....so maybe he was drunk? Unless he was drunk that is definitely not what would happen...not even a chance. 

Unless you meant that standing there like an idiot would mean you get punched the way he did...then yes I agree that is most definitely what would happen.

Seeing as how they spent the first quarter of the stream talking about Unity, and have released gameplay this early (isn't usually until E3), I think they just wanted us to feel a bit more confident in Syndicate. I agree though, the horse and carriage bit was sweet but you'd think they'd show something more original than the standard stronghold attack mission we've seen countless times.

Well, i'm keeping my fingers crossed for more innovation. Hopefully they will show us something new at E3.

To give a bit of background: I don't hate AC. I think the series actually got better with AC3, IV was great, I liked Rogue and Unity was a good game muddled by a poor release. But this just disappointed me.

Storywise Jacob is an AC protag stereotype, nothing unique like Connor or Shay, Evie looks interesting but got almost no screen time and they didn't bother to show case the whole duo switching inbetween them thing, combat looks cool, stealth and free running look the same as Unity and the city looks cool. It didn't strike me, what so ever. Also graphics look more or less the same, a shame. Those early screenshots looked amazing.

Disappointing. I wanna see an AC set in ancient Egypt or in feudal Japan.

Being able to explore tombs in the pyramids with mummies and all that....so much potential.

Please no. Japan is overused and Egypt can be neat but i'm not really sure what we can do there.

Please no. Japan is overused and Egypt can be neat but i'm not really sure what we can do there.

People said that about victorian London too. But for me, TheOrder1866 is the first game I saw with this setting and even when I dont like FPS, Im going to play that. Because of the for me very interesting setting. :) (And because it has no Multiplayer xD)

So, and why exactly is Japan overused? :P

Wait... Im trying to remember how many games I played with a japanese-setting, that are not made by japanese people... uhm... uhm...   uuuuhhmmmmmm... cant remember... uuuuuhhhhmmmm.... ZZZZZZzzzz

m68nr.png

• Like 2