Assassin's Creed Syndicate announced, releasing 23rd October

An Assassins Creed game set in Japan has massive potential for some awesome, stylish combat, deep and interesting characters, beautiful locations and much more.

I'm gonna leave some fan made art here just because... why not?

download.jpgdownload.jpg4ea1fe5a4000b09b914c300033371f85-fiction   ac-china-1.jpeg

Edited by Woop982
  • Like 2

People said that about victorian London too. But for me, TheOrder1866 is the first game I saw with this setting and even when I dont like FPS, Im going to play that. Because of the for me very interesting setting. :) (And because it has no Multiplayer xD)

So, and why exactly is Japan overused? :P

Wait... Im trying to remember how many games I played with a japanese-setting, that are not made by japanese people... uhm... uhm...   uuuuhhmmmmmm... cant remember... uuuuuhhhhmmmm.... ZZZZZZzzzz

m68nr.png

If its Japanese people making it or not doesn't really matter. Feudal Japan specifically is not unexplored territory. I'd argue historical Victorian England only recently started getting coverage.

Plus I just find Feudal Japan kind of uninteresting so there's that haha

An Assassins Creed game set in Japan has massive potential for some awesome, stylish combat, deep and interesting characters, beautiful locations and much more.

Disappointing. I wanna see an AC set in ancient Egypt or in feudal Japan.

Being able to explore tombs in the pyramids with mummies and all that....so much potential.

download.jpgdownload.jpg4ea1fe5a4000b09b914c300033371f85-fiction

Deep and interesting characters isn't something magically linked to a setting.

Disappointing. I wanna see an AC set in ancient Egypt or in feudal Japan.

Being able to explore tombs in the pyramids with mummies and all that....so much potential.

ac-china-1.jpeg  

Why did this get posted twice?  :dunno:

Edited by Woop982

lol nice catch. I don't follow Lesnar's career much but even if I did I wonder if I would have caught that in the video.

I'm a huge Lesnar fan. I noticed the tattoo at first, since it's a unique tattoo. Had to stop and go back just make sure I wasn't seeing things.

If Lesnar is in the game, Jacob will be in a lot of trouble.

I hope they don't fuck this up like they did with Unity, I actually like the Assassin's Creed series but I had to return Unity because it was so piss poor. First game in a loooong time that I returned.

edit

Just watched the videos. gotta admit, I'm excited. 

Edited by Venocide
  • Like 1

some animations like the aerial kill looks the same as ac unity.

the main portagonist doesn't look interesting at all, just a guy who likes punches everyone in his way (i'd liked the rumors about an older and wiser protagonist)

the setting is always beautiful but this time i will wait to a price drop or a complete edition.

• Like 1

I am not impressed, but I will play this.

The game starts to look more like an open world Splinter Cell, which I encourage.

I think it won't take long before we see a modern day watchdogs - AC - SC game.

Why do they keep trying to reinvent the poison darts? 

The game is single-player only, with Ubisoft saying the decision was taken so the development team in Quebec could "focus on creating the biggest city based open-world that we’ve ever had for an Assassin’s Creed game", and Syndicate's Victorian London will be approximately 30% larger than Unity's map.

*falling on kness* omg.... Im so happy. *Tears of Joy* ... Thank you, Ubisoft. <3

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 1

Finally I might plat an AC Game :-D :P:lol:

I don't know how much you like the series...but ACII, AC Liberation HD, and AC Rogue are "easy" plats. No online/multiplayer trophies.

--------------------------

A couple things I am looking forward to about this game? The hidden blade rope extension bit. That's going to be fun.

Second thing? Knives. I miss throwing knives in this game.

Seeing as I haven't played Unity yet and the last 3 I played were ACIII, ACIV, and Rogue...it's gonna be weird being back in a city setting as opposed to wilderness or island like settings.

I don't know how much you like the series...but ACII, AC Liberation HD, and AC Rogue are "easy" plats. No online/multiplayer trophies.

--------------------------

A couple things I am looking forward to about this game? The hidden blade rope extension bit. That's going to be fun.

Second thing? Knives. I miss throwing knives in this game.

Seeing as I haven't played Unity yet and the last 3 I played were ACIII, ACIV, and Rogue...it's gonna be weird being back in a city setting as opposed to wilderness or island like settings.

I didn't know that because I dont have a ps3 anymore and started with unity,blackflag.

I didn't know that because I dont have a ps3 anymore and started with unity,blackflag.

Ahh I see. I don't have a PS4 yet but am still looking forward to this game.

At least you got to start with the updated mechanics. I hope Syndicate runs smoothly and at least kept the quicker hidden blade assassinations from the previous games.

After AC Unity I find it surprising people are still interested in this series

A road bump in an otherwise enjoyable franchise. Unity fell in the same trap as AC3, having a revolution period as it's setting. I'm not saying it's not possible, but a revolution in a game about a secret war between two factions hidden behind two other factions makes for a conflicting approach when deciding what to focus on. Assassin's Creed is at it's best in periods where the factions are in a secret war exclusively. 

If you had to look at it's track record, I would say that AC has had a good run so far, and despite a few bad eggs, such as 3 and Unity, it's been going strong as any franchise with nearly 10+ AAA games released under it's belt.