Assassin's Creed Syndicate announced, releasing 23rd October

EDIT:

So Victory was only a codename as leaked, Syndicate is the real deal.

"London, 1868. In the heart of the Industrial Revolution, embody the relentless Assassin Jacob Frye to fight those who exploit the less privileged in the name of progress."

"Embody our new Assassin Jacob Frye in Assassin's Creed Syndicate and become a gang leader to break the corrupt stranglehold on London.

Navigate through London with your rope launcher, hijack carriages and fight alongside your gang members."

"Watch the Assassin's Creed Syndicate world premiere and find out more about our new Assassin Jacob Frye.

In the 1868 London, lead your underworld organisation to fight those who exploit the Industrial Revolution era for their own gain."

Very bold to admit their mistakes and talk about the no face bug.

Edited by Saltyie
  • Like 1

That hidden blade looks very steampunk.

In all honesty, I've loved all Assassin's Creed's (haven't played Chronicles yet) despite each of their flaws so I'm especially looking forward to one set in jolly ol' England finally.

I'm praying that a variation of Jekyll and Hyde pops up, with him turning into Hyde because of a piece of Eden.

I LOVE Assassin's Creed as anyone can see from my trophy list, but I'm honestly wondering what Ubisoft is going to do with new releases, seeing as they are getting closer to modern times. They have consistently said that they will never set an AC game during the World Wars, so it'll be interesting to see how they will work around that when the time comes. That aside, I enjoy the Victorian Era, and it'll be nice to use multi-shot weapons.

Are all the Assassin's Creed games developed by one studio or are there multiple developers working on the franchise? 

Parker

They are all developed in-house by Ubisoft and their Montreal/Quebec branch.

Edited by AnimeDreama

Are all the Assassin's Creed games developed by one studio or are there multiple developers working on the franchise? 

Parker

I think all of the main entries so far have been developed by Ubi Montreal (with lots of other help from the other Ubi studios), but Victory will be mainly developed by Ubisoft Quebec, who've only really helped out on previous AC games, and has nothing significant under their belt.

Ubi Sofia and Ubi Paris are also working on this franchise. ... If the question was, who made Unity... it was Ubi Paris.

But personally I dont get what was wrong with 3, except that it was a patchwork (nearly every Ubi-studio worked on it) and had weird glitches :D It was a nice game still...

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 1

What're your thoughts, discuss! Please keep bitching to a minimum, we know the franchise is getting a bit dry, but try to keep a discussion going/

Well, because you insisted...

I'd like to see this franchise try something new. AC2 really made me believe that this game was going places, but it's gone stale like you said. I hope they realize it, and pull out all of the stops, instead of play like Square, and pretend that big sales now clearly portend big sales in the future.

Why not just wait 1 month and go all out during the E3? 

I hope Jack the Ripper will also be in the game. My guess is he's part of the assassins.

My hope is that he'll be in the game as a muder mystery, similar to Unitys. I love AC's alt history, but giving every known figure of the past a side is a bit too much imo.

Also, I'm eager to see the combat. When you think about it, Victorian London isn't a place that would have a ton of sword combat. I wonder if they'll make it more fisticuffs, or if they'll just give anyone and everyone a sword anyway.

This is one of the images that Kotaku leaked for this game last year. I'm really loving the style of it! Can't wait to see more, especially what they do in it seeing that it looks like a more modern time period.

uau2qi8cfqwdanmksr9y.jpg

• Like 4

Ok so once they finish with this game and having it take place in Englane, what's next? The next one going to take place if Japan? Or maybe even somewhere in Africa?

I think they are slowly running out of places for Ezio (or whoever the next protagonist will be) to climb buildings and run over rooftops. 

This is one of the images that Kotaku leaked for this game last year. I'm really loving the style of it! Can't wait to see more, especially what they do in it seeing that it looks like a more modern time period.

uau2qi8cfqwdanmksr9y.jpg

Obviously a lot of things in this image will change come release but I really hope Victory/Syndicate has a more minimal HUD layout. I turned most of Unity's HUD off and it improved my experience ten fold, and I'll probably do the same this time around too.

Judging from the image, the districts already look much more distinct than Unitys'. The left, center and right hand side of the screen all showcase different distinct areas.

This looks like it is going to be good.

And I am not sure what the negatives were surrounding AC III. Personally, it was my favorite. Although, admittedly, I DO have a bias towards that time period. It is my favorite time period in American history. AC IV was more boring for me than anything (I don't like pirates and sailing the high seas), as was the first game.

I think there are many different time periods still to cover before they even consider modern times, so I can understand them avoiding the World Wars. This game looks like it is going to be great though. I cannot wait for next week. Any word yet on whether this will also come to PS3? If not, it's no big deal. I would get a PS4 just for this game.

Edited by ShogunCroCop
  • Like 1

After the issues with Unity last year I am very cautious when it comes to AC games and this is coming from a long standing fan who enjoyed AC 2, brotherhood and revelations. Never liked AC 3 and never played black flag before. These games have the potential to be great but they have to be spread way further apart than the annual releases they chug out these days. Oh well maybe the reveal might sway me and get me back into this series...

This looks like it is going to be good.

And I am not sure what the negatives were surrounding AC III. Personally, it was my favorite. Although, admittedly, I DO have a bias towards that time period. It is my favorite time period in American history. AC IV was more boring for me than anything (I don't like pirates and sailing the high seas), as was the first game.

I think there are many different time periods still to cover before they even consider modern times, so I can understand them avoiding the World Wars. This game looks like it is going to be great though. I cannot wait for next week. Any word yet on whether this will also come to PS3? If not, it's no big deal. I would get a PS4 just for this game.

Completely agree! I think AC3 got knocked a bit bc of all the time-consuming side missions (Hunting Club, Homestead, etc.). But I didn't mind those. In fact, I kinda enjoyed exploring thr Frontier and opening up that map.

And the time period was perfect! Interesting how they portrayed the Braddock ambush, Boston Massacre, etc. My only knock on Ubi's history was that Sir William Johnson should never have been a Templar. In real life, him and Connor would've been best buds.

• Like 1

uau2qi8cfqwdanmksr9y.jpg

Ah, the industrial revolution. What a terrible time to be alive :P

I absolutely love the AC series.  I still haven't played Unity or Rogue yet, but they are going to be very soon since I already own both.  I am really stocked for this game tho.  The time period is awesome and the potential it has with the modern age is goin to make or break the future of the series.  I only hope they really do all that they can tho with this game and time period.  AC 3 was the worst because of this reason.  Even tho I rly enjoyed 3, they could have done so much more with the time period.  I was expecting like national treasure like exploration with the Free Masons helping the Assassins and the Assassins helping them hide artifacts.  It just coulda been a lot more deeper and more intricate.  If Victory can manage to take the time to give us a full in depth few into Victorian Londan then I can't wait to see what they have in store.  

Ok so once they finish with this game and having it take place in Englane, what's next? The next one going to take place if Japan? Or maybe even somewhere in Africa?

I think they are slowly running out of places for Ezio (or whoever the next protagonist will be) to climb buildings and run over rooftops. 

Are you being serious? They have a game in Japan called Chronicles. Also Ezio hasn't been the main protagonist for ages. 

That said, I love the AC games. England is one of my wishlist desitinations for this series. 

Edited by xKrAzY_8sx