Embarrassing songs from when you were young.

TheLiamK

Ain't no thing, we've all had them. Songs in our youth that, at the time, we swore were "The greatest thing ever" and when we look back we realised how truly embarrassing that notion was. What are yours? I'll get us going with these gems. Oh younger Liam, you are the summer of my discontent ^,^

dragostea din tei is STILL awesome... a friend and i even bought the single on ebay some years ago! ;)

for me it would be almost all the 90s eurodance or trashpop (like barbie girl, backstreet boys, nsync and so on), which i mostly still like today!

I wouldn't say I thought it was the greatest song but man was it's annoying and everywhere at the time.

Funny, I think you're north american and you found that song everywhere?, I'm south american, I can say that people heard that "summer song" every minute of the day, but at least was kinda fun. But sometimes you have to hear horrible things like this one: 

OT: Nice topic for Sociology purposes, I've never been into summer songs or revolutionary one ( you know the "this defines my generation stuff")  which usually are the songs many young people love. So I just heard them in my youth but I never got attached to any of them.

Luckily in south america there are many dance-able musical genres: salsa, merengue, cumbia, etc. So if you're in the need to dance or get fun, you have it there. Now for people who does not like tropical music at all, I guess they enjoy more Summer songs.

• Like 1

Funny, I think you're north american and you found that song everywhere?, I'm south american, I can say that people heard that "summer song" every minute of the day, but at least was kinda fun. But sometimes you have to hear horrible things like this one

Yep, my family is Latino and my elementary school was 70% Latino. Spent most of my 3rd and 4th grade years listening to this or Eminem. It was difficult to get away from since it was basically cleaning music in my house.

Edited by GenoStarrz

Yep, my family is Latino and my elementary school was 70% Latino. Spent most of my 3rd and 4th grade years listening to this or Eminem. It was difficult to get away from since it was basically cleaning music in my house.

At least you didn't know La macarena lol.

The following songs however, make my ears bleed, and yours so be careful. 

pretty much this(and other Aqua songs) plus:

me while listening to this while I was a kid: hell-yes-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862

me while listening to it now: frozen-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286250

Edited by JeieeM
  • Like 2

pretty much this(and other Aqua songs) plus:

me while listening to this while I was a kid: hell-yes-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862

me while listening to it now: frozen-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286250

That Barbie Girl song though... I used to stay over my Aunts house and she had it on every morning and she sung along, couldn't wait to get from there. Also that Hanson song is gonna be in my head for a while, I shouldn't have clicked the video. xD

• Like 1