Who wants to play Bioshock?

Superbuu3

Yeah I'm up for this. I'm currently on my 2nd playthrough on Survivor difficulty where I'm kinda struggling with Peach Wilkins. As much as I love this game, unfortunately I'll have to do a 3rd playthrough because one of the audio diaries disappeared in Steinman's lab. WARNING: DO NOT USE TELEKENIS ON THE CORPSE WHEN FIGHTING DR STEINMAN BEFORE LOOTING THE AUDIO DIARY OFF OF IT AS IT WILL MOST LIKELY DISAPPEAR!

OK I just found this and it is pretty awesome. There is a tiny spoiler in the it towards the game (which you may or may not get since you haven't played it) so watch at your own risk

(it is the premise of Bioshock done to the tune of Under the Sea from Little Mermaid)

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 2

Thats completely fine, you'll likely be abe to give us tips if anyone is struggling so that'd be great. We had people on new game+ when we did okami.

Obviously no spoilers though. Only discuss plot for the previous checkpoint. As this game shouldn't be too big I'll like set two days for each chapter, but keep in mind things change. If you want to leave the group because its too slow I won't bother you and if you fall behind I won't nag you. Would kill the fun in my eyes.

If I can provide any tips I will. Obviously I won't be spoiling anything further in the game. You can add me to the list. How come you're skipping Bioshock 2 though? I still haven't even touched that game.

So is this a platinum run or just 1 playthrough?

And how long would this take? like a chapter a week?(I don't know if it's divided in chapters)

I really thought I answered this maybe i didn't. 2 days a chapter I think although this maybe adjusted if thats too fast, I'm basically just taking a guess at this point, we'll work that out as we go along. Platinum run is up to the individual.

If I can provide any tips I will. Obviously I won't be spoiling anything further in the game. You can add me to the list. How come you're skipping Bioshock 2 though? I still haven't even touched that game.

We'll see my biggest concerns are bioshock burnout (1 and 2 are very very similar), MP burnout while going for plat, people abusing the group to boost trophies for the online. This will likely be discussed at a later point.

You misspelled mine too ^^ And I really thought we were BFFs :(

I need to make sure you're still reading the opening posts :P

• Like 1

I don't know how long a chapter is but 2 days seems fair enough, count me in, have all 3 Bioshocks and all DLC's, just looking for an excuse to start them  :lol:

Some are a lot longer than others but nothing too extensive. The big thing is the amount of exploring you need to do for all the collectibles but this was one of the few games I didn't mind looking all over for things (only used a guide for a couple)

• Like 1

Some are a lot longer than others but nothing too extensive. The big thing is the amount of exploring you need to do for all the collectibles but this was one of the few games I didn't mind looking all over for things (only used a guide for a couple)

there are only two missable recorders and they're late in the game so people could play through without a guide if they felt like it. One thing to note is that one of the recorders is listed under the wrong chapter in the in-game tracker. It's found in one place and the collectible guides all show it in the correct location but it shows up in the previous sections list for some reason, can't remember which one but it's midway through.

Cool looks like we have more than enough to do this. I'm going to set a preliminary date of the 29th, I'm guessing people will have more time to play on the weekend, although I'm aware this really depends on people's schedules. I'm typically busier on weekends so this isn't really at me convenience lol. I'll put up an actual game topic a day or two before we start with info regarding missable trophies, what people need to do to get the platinum in one run (which I think is possible I need to look this kind of thing up).

Sign up topic will be closed when the main topic opens, if you want to join after that you can message me, just do understand that you will be playing catch up so if you don't think you can catch up with us you might want to sit this one out and join us on the next game.

Any questions ask away I'm keeping an eye on this topic.

PS if I happened to miss anyone who wants to join and haven't added you to the opening post let me know.

• Like 1