PS3 & XBOX 360 is dead

imakillerwomble

As long as people continue to support the last generation - which they are - the PS3 and Xbox 360 will not die. Hell, Ubisoft has stated that they will continue releasing Assassin's Creed games on last generation because of the strong following that remains there. 

• Like 3

You are one smart sir, sir :)

That's exactly what I plan to do - 2017 sounds like a good time to buy a PS4, meanwhile gotta clear that PS3 backlog a bit lol

I dont have PS4 and I am OK with no longer games developed for PS3 since the only game I want to play in 2015/2016 is Persona 5, which will be coming to PS3. :D

I will probably buy PS4 in 2017 when Batman Arkham Knight (complete with DLC edition), possibly next Grand Theft Auto (GTA 6), or Bloodstained Ritual of the Night are released. I have no problem waiting, just like how I bought PS1 in 2001(7 years after launch),PS2 in 2003(3 years after launch) and PS3 in 2013(7 years after launch). B)

• Like 1

As long as people continue to support the last generation - which they are - the PS3 and Xbox 360 will not die. Hell, Ubisoft has stated that they will continue releasing Assassin's Creed games on last generation because of the strong following that remains there. 

That video seems to say otherwise.

• Like 1

Well, the consoles are a decade old. People got their money's worth. While I do have a PS4, my 360 and PS3 get plenty of use still for games I'm still discovering. And I'm glad Ubisoft is abandoning last gen. I'm getting sick of seeing Assassin's Creed everywhere. Never saw why everyone liked the series so much. 

• Like 1

Well, it's good. PS4 needs games.

He? Ubisoft stated explicitly they are moving to new generation.

This actually makes me a bit happy since I bought my PS3 back in 2012.

I still have 20 unplayed games in front of me, and dozens more on a list I plan on buying.

Hopefully with things steering towards the future PS3 games will drop in price...which for me means many more years of gameplay on my PS3 since I'm not likely to get a PS4. 

• Like 2

the 360 was considered dead since i believe 2012 or something, Epic games said the 360 hardware was maxed out since Gears of war 2, they just found some ways to go around it's GPU to make the graphics a lot better in Gears 3.

as for the ps3 it may gonna considered completely dead at the end of 2015, even though it seems that it's already died early this year.

to me i'll only count it to be dead if i got my hands on a ps4 and the PSN server will be shutdown for the ps3 (please not just yet...), and if Sony stop their BS and allow the ps4 to finally been able to have all the ps1, ps2 classics include ps3 downloadable games to be PURCHASED! (not rented it like how PS Now dose) and downloaded on the ps4.

and i'm surprised how there still some devs out there put the blame into last gen of why their games didn't do well on current gen even if their games was exclusive to current gen, LOL! even if ps3 and 360 have completely gone off the map there will still gonna be some games on ps4 and XBONE and even the PC to have a wii or ps2 graphics  :lol:

Didn't bother watching the video and plan to.

Nobody can tell a person when a system is dead, that's up to each individual person to decide for themselves. It was dead to some people as soon as the One and PS4 came out, and we know how that went with the complaining about lack of games, and for others it won't be dead for 10, 20 or 30 years just because they'll enjoy playing the games on it. When nobody on the planet uses a PS3 is when it'll be dead. Until then it's just slowly dying.

If I'm not mistaken they stated they weren't doing AC games anymore on 360/PS3 when Syndicate was announced.

I didn't hear anything bout that. I've been a little out of the loop with Ubisoft.