PS3 & XBOX 360 is dead

imakillerwomble

Thank FSM, there's an end in sight to my growing PS3 backlog!

Well, I guess if *Ubisoft* says PS3 is dead, I'll just have to believe them. As long as my PSP and Vita are still alive and I have dozens of games to get through on both of them, I can deal with the "death" of the PS3...

/s

I wouldn't consider the PS3, and the 360 dead because they still have a following, I just like to refer to them as 'retro', if that's the word I'm looking for. I would consider a console 'dead' if no one gives a shoot about it anymore; I'm looking at you Ouya, then again, did it even see the light of day?

ps3 cant keep going forever. sometimes you need to shed things to evolve and stopping games on old gen consoles will mean we can have higher quality on new gen

False. The situation is not in any way binary. It's completely possible for PS3 to survive as long as PS4 does. Short of remote-nuking every PS3 in the world, that is. Not allowing developers to create games for the PS3 (Sony would be shooting itself in the foot) does not mean that they would just make a "higher quality" game on PS4. You're just speculating. The developers could then go on making 360 games instead. Or they could go the mobile route. Or the PC route. You imply artificially blocking one option means developers will go in the only route you want, with the result you want.

Soon enough we'll reach a point where no new games of any significance are released for the PS3 / XBOX360 and to get a new release you'll have to jump over to the current gen systems / PC to enjoy them.

We will eventually get to a stage where the PS3 becomes a backlog system, something to enjoy and play games that we never got around to.

Then Playstation Now will fully roll out, allowing you to play most if/not all of these backlog games on the current gen systems.

Don't feel threatened or angry when people say the PS3 / 360 are dead. Just feel proud that you took part in a generation of gaming that changed the course of gaming history.

• Like 2

I think this is a bit of an overreaction. As long as the psn servers are up and new games are coming to PSN, the PS3 is not "dead." When I think "dead", I think that the system is out of date AND 80- 90% of gamers have moved on to a newer system.

That simply isn't the case, people still play their PS3 even if they have a PS4, and though production is low for PS3 games, that doesn't make it "dead" as long as the community is strong for the system.

True, And since the release of the PS4, you can get great deals with PS3 games which it's awesome

• Like 2

There are so many Ps3 games I haven't played yet on my shelf of games and free psn games too, If all you do is game then it might be dead

The Ps3 has been out for awhile

overall this is a good move for the future of the Ps4/Xbox holo-lens windows 10 Spartan browser needs Xbox one to stream Xbox one games.

This reminds me... I've been playing more on dead Sony consoles than the alive ones...

Can PS4 die soon, plz? I would like to use it.

i wish it would just die..

anyway i stand by what i seem to keep having to say, if Sony does drop PS3 it will be the most idiotic thing they do. since they will never make the PS4 free multiplayer the PS3 is the other choice for people. and many, many have said they hate PS4 due to this despite fanboys (and girls) defending the pay wall THAT HAS NO REAL PURPOSE!

if PS3 stays online and they just port stuff from PC like low powered MMOs or something like S4 League they can draw twice as much money from people.

i wish it would just die..

anyway i stand by what i seem to keep having to say, if Sony does drop PS3 it will be the most idiotic thing they do. since they will never make the PS4 free multiplayer the PS3 is the other choice for people. and many, many have said they hate PS4 due to this despite fanboys (and girls) defending the pay wall THAT HAS NO REAL PURPOSE!

if PS3 stays online and they just port stuff from PC like low powered MMOs or something like S4 League they can draw twice as much money from people.

That would be a fate worse than death for the PS3 imo. lol

PS3 was tough to program for and people don't want to make games for it anymore. It only had 256mb of RAM while the new consoles have 8. Imagine trying to size down a game to use 1/32 of the memory so it can run on PS3, its a nightmare. I'm no fan of PS4 either but everybody is upgrading, whether it's to PS4 or other alternatives and it better for both gamers and developers long term.

People are missing the point, I think. When someone says X console or generation is dead it means production has moved unto the next generation primarily. Of course there are people still playing PS3, just as there are people playing the N64, but its being extremely pedantic to say ''oh the N64 is still alive''.

As for the PSN pay wall, do keep in mind you get free games every month, so its not a total rip off or anything and a very good deal for the entry price.

Edited by HaSoOoN-MHD