What are your view on completion rate?

swainey97

I think they can ruin your enjoyment of games in some cases, which is why I don't care for mine. However some people are different, and an 100% completion profile is indeed impressive c:

I can confirm and admit I've let 100% ruin my experience but I think not in the way you're thinking.

I have no problem in going for 100% even if it takes me a long ass time, you'll see I've completed Mortal Kombat and that is a grind.

However, I know that I'm good at Mortal Kombat so I have no problem installing and playing them, however there's 4 games that I've held off on due to trophy difficulties and me being afraid that I wouldn't be able to complete them. The games I'm talking about are:

BioShock

BioShock Infinite

The Guided Fate Paradox

and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

To me all those games are difficult, but I've played all 3 BioShocks on the Xbox360 and loved them, they are some of my favorite games. I thought to myself I'm an idiot for letting trophies get in the way of games that are difficult, for the longest time I've been debating on playing Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge and I finally installed it. I am only on Day 2 but I've completed the game 3 times before because I liked it.... so yep.. no more being afraid of installing trophies (unless it comes to broken games and dead servers)

Edited by Blaidd-Cysgodol
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The abundance of trophies brought upon by a high completion rate is always impressive and adds a dimension to competitively gaming for the "high score." Having said that, I still find it far more impressive when someone earns a difficult trophy, usually one that's rare or ultra rare. I like to follow the mantra of quality over quantity. Now when you get both... to quote Keanu Reeves... "Whoa..."

Edited by AdventCloud7

Doesn't matter to me at all. I think people who avoid games because they're worried about completion rate are the same kind who play shooters online without playing the objective. There's always people who just care for their own stats and the objective or the team don't matter. Just deal with it.

Its silly to care too much about completion ratio, one doesn't have to be the best on every genre/ game out there

just give your best while enjoying the game, one shouldn't skip a game for that even if it's only worth playing for a while lol

Lastly i wont play games i dislike for the sake of getting trophies only either (for example: indies)

In my case; if I were to aim for only 100%, I would be having quite the bad time. Because, for me, I like to try everything. No matter if a game has horrible reviews, looks bad, graphics/plot-wise. I will try it, because I won't know if I'll find enjoyment in it unless I try it personally, ya know?

So if I aimed for 100%, I'd be playing a lot of games I ended up not liking, therefore having a very bad time. So I don't care about overall completion.

Kudos to those who think the same, but wow to those who do keep 100% or close to, as that's an impressive feat which I can appreciate, it's just not a feat I personally want to ever aim for.