What are your view on completion rate?

swainey97

I think they can ruin your enjoyment of games in some cases, which is why I don't care for mine. However some people are different, and an 100% completion profile is indeed impressive c:

I agree a 98-100% completion rate is very impressive 

seen as you watch anime what is your favorite anime  

Edited by swainey97
  • Like 1

For the most part I really couldn't care less about completion percentage, though I do admit it's still nice to see mine above 35% or so since that's pretty much all it's ever been on my previous IDs. I used to be really bad at finishing games, even just the story part so it's kind of nice to see that I'm doing better about that than I used to since it means I'm actually more of my money's worth out of my games.

I'm probably one of few people who think that completion rate is overrated (Not because I leave so many game "unfinished") It just takes away the opportunity to enjoy any game. Besides, some of those aiming for 100% completion are the ones who only complete the games they know they could.

Edited by the_drag0n2
  • Like 2

I'm probably somewhere in the middle.

I love doing as much as I possibly can in a game...but only the Base Game and even then I will avoid any MP/Online aspects most of the time.

I'm also not willing to shell out a ton of money on DLC as it's not worth it to me. (Things like extra MP maps and added online stuff just is not worth my money)

So while I may show low completions overall when it comes to the game itself I try to do everything I can.

When it comes to other people's completion rates? It doesn't matter to me. People do what they like doing. 100%ing all games to some might seem like a chore while to others it's an exhilarating experience.

I want it to get better, but I think most people should be atleast 50% or close. Anything less and I have to question whether or not you even beat the games you play  :S Thats not to say you'll get 50% of the trophies in every game you play to completion, but for atleast a majority of the games that will be the case. 

A high completion rate is only impressive based on what kinda games you play. Also DLC is a huge factor, if you're like me and you don't bother with DLC too much, you're completion rate takes a hit, i think i have 15 or more plats that aren't 100% due to the damn DLC. I know some DLC is worth paying for...But most are way overpriced and are very short. 

I would like to reach 70% and keep maintaining it above that. I'm not dead set on achieving 100% for each game due to various reasons(hated the game, not gonna bother with online trophies, too many dlcs with trophy lists that are not worth the purchase but will definitely lower the completion rate).

• Like 1

I try to keep it as high as possible. I like to bring every game I keep in my collection to 100% completion, even if it requires you to do something even the trophies don't. It's (generally) an enjoyable experience and since my backlog isn't all that big, it makes my games last longer. Some games make it a chore to reach full completion, but I take it as a challenge.

Then again, this only applies to games I keep in my collection. Those I didn't enjoy and ended up selling/giving away, I couldn't possibly care less. Wish I could just erase their trophies from my profile so it would only contain the trophy lists of games I truly enjoyed. Alas, it seems Sony does not yet want us to lose a single trophy, even by choice. Oh well, at least you can hide them in here (though that blue "H" never looks good...)

For me, it ultimately doesn't matter. But I do like to maintain it as best I can. I couldn't stand with my average being 50% or lower. I like mine to be anywhere above 65%. I don't see the need for 100% completion rate because you are either doing two things...

1. Purposely buying games that have no DLC (Makes getting the 100% easier and cheaper)

2. Dishing out money to buy all the DLC for every game you play (Even sometimes on DLC that isn't worth the price)

I do, however, respect other peoples opinions/perspectives on this topic but in my eyes if the DLC isn't worth it, don't buy it just for the trophies. Again this is just me sharing my opinion. :)