What are your view on completion rate?

swainey97

As it is, I think completion rate is hurting gaming, at least my gaming. I'll give you an example. I like FPS games and I have Bulletstorm in backlog. I look at it, want to pop it in, but then think to myself "You can't plat it, the servers were taken down." and end up putting it back. Same thing with Mortal Kombat on PS Vita (though I'm not having much success in Mortal Kombat PS3 lol)

I have quite a few games with dead servers on my profile (Singstar, Buzz, Madden 10, MLB The Show 2010) so I know I will never be at 100%, but my OCD still makes me want to shoot for as high a completion rate as possible. I'm shooting for 80% by the end of year (I was in the 60s last year this tme)

And as someone mentioned earlier in the thread, Uncharted 3 sucks. To get the platinum in a game and still only be @ 51% completion because of all the DLC . . .

I only play games that I really want to play. If they have easy trophies then that's how it is, same if they are hard to obtain trophies.

I would never play a game I didn't want to play just to raise my level or my percentage.

At the moment my completion % is ok, anything over 80% and I will be relatively happy in the long term.

My difficulty rating is high at the moment due to having played 3 tell tale games and a couple other easy games, but like I said I actually really wanted to play those as they totally appealed to me (love decision based games, crime games and RPG's with the odd racer thrown in).

Outside of this site I don't think completion % means anything to anyone as the stat would not be visible elsewhere.

My rule of thumb...

Only play what I really want to play, don't play what I don't want to play, don't play games just for easy trophies.

Keep it like that and the fun and enjoyment should stay, and the level and completion % will soon build up too.

Bottom line is that the stats only really matter to the person they belong to.

As for me , I once had a 35% Completion rate and to me that was insanely bad. I started working through my trophy backlog and brought it above 60%. Aim is 75% and above which for me is good enough. I have a massive backlog of unstarted games as well and as of now I just play games I'd Love to play.But making sure I can atleast go back to them and get trophies.

As for DLC I hardly ever get any. Mostly GOTY/Complete editions do the trick. Or unless there is a sale and the Dlc is worth it. Generally I like the idea of a completion rate. Demonstrates your ability to put time and effort into some of the hardest trophies out there.

Massive respect to the 100%ers with respectable ( I think this has been discussed above) Plats and trophies.

I'll just sit back and watch you guys do your thing :P.

I care a great deal about my completion rate. I like to keep mine above 90% because I want to get the most out of my games. It's definitely not for showing of or anything like that, just for my own satisfaction. And I won't play games just to boost my stats (if I play easy games it's because I want to play them), although I won't play uber hard games because that destroys my enjoyment of the game (which is key for me). In fact I have given up on one particular game (Wipeout HD), which is cool cause that game is still at 92%. :D

Maybe the same will go for Silent Hill 2 once I get around to it. Got a HUGE backlog across multiple generations of consoles and PC.

I usually focus on one game at a time too so that helps keep my completion rate high, but there are times I move on from games because I'm not feeling it at the moment.

And I also don't buy mp dlc, or cosmetic stuff. Just having the plat is enuff for me... and story dlc if I care.

I might care more for my completion rate if certain DLC wouldn't come with its own additional trophies.

But even then I prefer looking at profiles that aren't at 90%+, I like seeing what different trophies people are going for, what trophies are giving them a hard time and whatnot. The various percentages on their games make the profiles livelier compared to the completionist ones, since I can expect that most of it will be already at 100% anyway.

Ideal I dont care about completion due to add ons because i rather buy a game then an add on with prices and hastle involved, its nice to see 100% but not worried that platinum if i decide i want it all that matters the main game.

I am 25 own place work feed and wipe my self i dont have money to blow just like i tend to be a late contestant in new games as i am in no rush rather buy 3 to 6 games for $60 than one, its why i pushing through with trophies.

As we speak i have wolf amoung us on one ps3 and terminator on the other a short plat terminator and already did wolf 2x ps4 and vita so i using my self boosting ps3 to just run wolf now that i know it. and it plays itself for the most part.

holycooper90.png

• 7 months later...

Made a thread on this to get it promptly locked - no results came up on searching

Interesting to read everyone's opinions. To me, I just want a high completion rate as I think I can achieve. I will attempt to get a platinum in most games I own, but there will be some that I wont bother trying with.

In these, I will simply get as many trophies as I can without becoming excruciatingly bored. It might finish on 100%, or might finish on 20%. Just depends on how much of my time I feel the game deserves from me :P

I am trying to get as high as I can, but there is no way I can reach 90%-100%, because I don't buy DLC at all. The only DLC I got are those come from complete edition. I feel certain games want you to buy DLC just for trophies, such as PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. There is only one easy trophy from the DLC. In order to have 100%, you need to pay for it. Same as Sound Shapes. I would like to spend money on a new game which I can enjoy. My goal is 75% completion.

• Like 1

Don't care, i'm having a hard time sticking to 1 game for too long. Prefer playing different game/genre. Would have to stop buying games to raise my % but that's not an option for me. Sporadically i come back to older games to try 100% trophy though.

Edited by HeLLeVeN11
  • Like 1

Would love to have a high completion rate, but at the same time, if I had I would never revisit those games. 
I also tend to fire up alot of games at the same time, only to get back to them ages after, so that kinda ruins my completion rate... And usually collectibles in games are such a bore which eventually makes me drift onto a new game.

But I also want shiny plats, so at times I endure.

I'm aiming to get back to 99%

I'd like very much to get to 100%, but there are some games I have categorically no intention to bring to full completion. For reasons.

I was already at 99%, but then Painkiller decided to get DLCs so much time after being released... it kicked me down by almost a full 1% :(

I'm aiming to get back to 99%

I'd like very much to get to 100%, but there are some games I have categorically no intention to bring to full completion. For reasons.

I was already at 99%, but then Painkiller decided to get DLCs so much time after being released... it kicked me down by almost a full 1% :(

Like me, those Uncharted games will probably prevent you from ever reaching a 100% profile.

If you do decide to go back and do the Dante's DLC, that's one I wouldn't mind knocking off my list too, so shoot me a message :)