What are your view on completion rate?

swainey97

It's mostly a side effect for me. I like completing games and getting trophies, naturally my overall completion rate is relatively high. I'm not afraid to buy games with DLC because of completion rate though.

I care about my Completion %, but don't let it restrict my gaming, instead I make it a challenge. If game is too hard for me, I take a break from it and play others... but I keep getting back to games like Mortal Kombat just to see how far I can get. I'm also fine with dlc as long as it's fun. Just now I 100%'d Burnout Paradise and yes, I got all the dlc mainly for trophies but also to spend more time in game with friends. When I get tired of challenge, I buy some easy 100%s just for fun. Yes, playing ridiculously easy games once in a while is relaxing.

Zen Pinball is a weird case of dlc - as every table is basically a separate game. Sure, they are all virtual pinball, it has "Base Game" trophies, but every table is unique and challenging in their own ways. Amount of money I have spent to get every table has been... well, reasonable when you think of amount of content, and I bought tables over the years, but buying them all at once... I have focused on Vita version and got at least one trophy on EVERY table, and seeing that Completion % rising after finally nailing the objective is darn satisfying. I keep buying every table and try to be in the first 5 that get new trophies. It's really fun for me so I will keep doing it and eagerly wait for new tables and trophies.  :D

I don't care about it, I have plenty of games on my profile that I wouldn't pay for the DLC of any of them, as soon as I saw that my Uncharted 3 Plat was stuck at 51% completion rate I knew that stat wasn't for me, but I like it as an curious stat, just something that shows me how further I usually go into my games, although I don't take seriously at all the one showed at this page, since it counts trophies that I can't get.

It's something I plan on getting as high as possible; I enjoy getting the most out of my games. If a game's really difficult, I'll still add it to my collection; I love a good challenge.

As for others' completion rates, I don't really judge, as that's how they prefer to play. I totally don't trophy-stalk people that are aiming for 100%.

I care about my completion rate for I am a completionist!

I should reach 100% completion this summer 

EDIT: I don't go for piss easy games either

Yeah you kinda do

A 100% completion rate is only as good as its selection of games

• Like 1

I try to keep my overall completion above 90% which is realistic to me - I would go insane even attempting to be 100% average completion, which is why I salute those 100%ers, lol

I also try to get every game to at least 50% or above if I'm just unable to platinum it.

Yeah you kinda do

A 100% completion rate is only as good as its selection of games

Kinda what? Just go for piss easy games?

Most games I've played so far are ones I've enjoyed, it's just the exception of few

Edited by Aela
  • Like 1

I play way too many games to worry about my overall percentage. Especially with all the DLC that comes out that I don't want to buy. It's never dipped below 75% though, so that's kind of cool. Pretty sure that's going to change soon.

I always kind of cared about completion rates. when I first joined this site mine was in the mid 70s. It bothers me when fellow Hunters are the same trophy level as me when they've played 2, 3 or even 4 times as many games. In my opinion anyone could do that.

• Like 1

Completion rate in a vacuum means nothing - a person who has only played The Walking Dead would have a completion rate of 100% - thatsno indication of anything.

However, completion rate in combination with trohpy level is a cery good indicator of skill and dedication - if two people are at level 40 for example, but one has a completion rate of 90% and one of 50% then the first guy is demonstrably more skillful than the second guy.

I only started caring about completion after joining the site, and have slowly been raising my completion rate from 70%ish when i joined to about 93% now (only 34 incomplete games on my profile now :) ) and doing this has made me go back and apreciate some games i had overlooked the first time and have enjoyed them very much.

• Like 1

A lot of people get overly consumed on the whole completion rate mumbo jumbo. If you enjoy the game and want to see it completed, then yes that is fine. 

If you play a game and complete it just because you played it once that time and downed your completion rate then you have a problem.

I personally try my best on games that I could see myself playing for those lengths, games that I enjoy just to play i.e. fighting games I'll leave as that. It doesn't suite to me the trouble. 

Fine, after reading all posts I've become even more conserned about my Completion %. I admit it, I leave games alone after merely finishing it once, I let friends try games from my collection that I don't intend yet to play leaving ugly 1%s around, I play easy games once in a while to relax and boost %, I get distracted easily and start games that are impossible to 100% with my current skill and time to put effort in.

Still, I enjoy trophy hunting and play whatever I want to play, but I'll do my best to raise Completion % now on. Having 60+% would make me feel a bit more proud of my gaming, so I guess it's a good goal for now. I mean, I could raise my % from 40+% to 50+% since last year. And if I can get to 60%... well, let's see how this goes first.

tl;dr: Others made me jelly, must get higher...
  • Like 1

I care about percent to an extent. I like watching my number get gradually higher per trophy attained but it's not a huge deal. An ugly 1% bothers me much less than a 90% game because I just look at it like, "I'm so close." So, I end up focusing on my grindy or obnocious last few trophies instead of building up my low percent games which doesn't make my overall percent look very pretty. Although, longterm, my mindset will equal a high overall percentage.

If they're all easy games, then the completion means nothing. Challenging is as important as having fun to me.

I'm attempting to have a mixed bag. Rewarding myself with easy games to relax when I finish a hard or long game. Unfortunately, when I first started, I smashed through alleasy games I had lying around while simutaneously adding harder games on my profile so I'd have to go back to them. Now that I have some fluff to my profile, I'm going through and beating all the hard games (Rogue Legacy) and long RPG games (No Ni Kuni, Rainbow Moon). It is entertaining but it's very slow trophy wise. Oh well, as long as I'm enjoying myself, right?

As a person that's been on both sides of the coin (seriously caring about getting the 100%, as well as not giving a crap at all), I can say that worrying or stressing about completion percentage is rather pointless, in the grand scheme of things.

Many times, it does help a person get the most out of the game's experience but, in the long run, you can't take the trophies with you when you die so, big frickin' whoop. It's not like God is gonna let you into Heaven simply because your completion percentage is 90%+.

As long as you're happy and having fun; that should be your main concern. If having a high completion is part of your view on having fun, so be it. If it's not, then same deal.

• Like 1

I've seen people level 40 with 98-100% completion, and an average rarity of 65% and like 20 Ultra Rare trophies... Not impressive dude.

For myself, once I hit 75-80% I'll be satisfied. There are games I'll never go back and play because they weren't fun or because going for the plat would ruin the game for me. There are games with DLC I'll (probably) never play because it's either too expensive or the game wasn't good enough to play after plat. I also quite enjoy pitting myself against 8,9,10 difficulty games and won't shy away from a challenge. I do have a habit of getting into or through the main game, then shelving it and coming back months or years later to clean it up.

Some people just like to have a %90-%100 completion rate to show off how good they are. Some people even buy $50 DLC from a game that came out years ago just to get %100. I think that is madness but some people are different and i respect that. 

I agree but on the other hand it seems a bit dumb to me when people can't play a game they really want because of one glitched trophy.