Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

I think that's actually a character from Star Ocean 4. I just saw some gameplay vids of SO4, and I think that character matches the character in the vids. 

The name on the signature is a dead giveaway of it being Meracle which has been mentioned with the battle trophies in a few posts if memory serves.

Oh right, can't believe I missed that. What a fail on my part :facepalm:. Thnx for pointing it out for me though. Maintaining this thread and thinking up things sure puts a number on me.

I'm cool with that dragon

Ok

This is a pretty cool idea, I've owned this game for some time now. It's a shame though, I would have joined if my backlog wasn't so huge :(

Anyway I still forward to seeing everyone's progress, I'm curious to know who'll stick through this grind until the end xD

Oh I'm gonna make sure they all make it to the end, I have a nice little torture motivation center setup for those who try to back out before it is done :devil:

xD Nah but it will be interesting to see who all goes for the plat. I just hope this gets more people to try the game out since it is a great game. Hopefully this will get more fans of the series especially with Star Ocean 5 being announced not too long ago and helps lead to more Star Ocean games dood :)

Me too, I've been busy thinking up new ideas and other people are helping out too. The official announcement will come soon. Also Natusme, let me know if you want to join.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Oh I'm gonna make sure they all make it to the end, I have a nice little torture motivation center setup for those who try to back out before it is done :devil:

xD Nah but it will be interesting to see who all goes for the plat. I just hope this gets more people to try the game out since it is a great game. Hopefully this will get more fans of the series especially with Star Ocean 5 being announced not too long ago and helps lead to more Star Ocean games dood :)

Kids these days, can't even stay devoted to a massive little grind  :giggle:

Also Natsume, let me know if you want to join.

Okay, but it'll probably be several months from now. It depends on my backlog but I'll be glad to join when I can. I'm guessing most of these guys will still be going for the platinum in a few months anyway xD

• Like 1

Added a poll to vote on who you think will actually obtain the platinum trophy and also which introductions you think are the best/funniest. Multiple choices are allowed for both questions.

Dragon-Archon, the online for White Knight Chronicles 1 & 2 is completely shut down. Luckily, I did download the downloadable/GeoNet quests prior to that happening. It will take twice (or maybe 10x) as long to complete WKC 1 & 2 as a result. I may actually never finish them or Platinum them. I did Platinum Resistance 2 in a month and a half and recently finished MOH Warfighter's multiplayer trophies, so I'm very patient.

If there's online stuff for Star Ocean LHI, that's great though!

EDIT: My intro --

POEman553 is completely nuts. He's a late comer to trophy hunting because he works jobs that are 80+ hour weeks without any time to actually play. He'll buy games and thinks "that looks cool, I'll play it later!" only for him to scramble like mad when online servers are shut down and wondering which of his games is next. So a lot of the games he plays lives in a world of brown and grey and people shoot each other because 'Merica. He hopes to join us on this journey and he is a fan of JRPG's. He's already prepared to be annoyed by that girl that says 'Kay' a lot, 'kay?

EDIT2: On second thought, Dragon-Archon, please write my description to keep in spirit of the 'party of adventurers' theme you have going.

This game has been on my mind for Years, Star Ocean has haunted me for quite some time with the luck I've had

First time playing was on the 360 but gave up on the last bosses - Gave up Once

Second time I stepped up on the Ps3 got back to my Roots, but lost 70 hours due to a corrupt hard drive from hitting my power strip off on accident during a DL, this effected every single game - Gave up Twice

Third try I waited a couple years to step up again, but this time I printed all of the guides bought a strategy guide and marked off all weapons, treasure chest, ships, quest and items created to get has much stuff done on the 1st playthrough @ 378 hours,

including seeing all of the endings. - success third try

The last trophies I completed were the 100 bunny races

Now I'm debating on new game plus but all of my characters are at lvl 255 with 80% of all battle of trophies complete, it will be a long journey once again.

Add me in after I beat Darksouls and clean up more backlog.

Did you make the intros in the op page? I really enjoyed reading those :P

I'd like to leave that to you if its possible... I'm so bad with introductions  :unsure:

Added your introductions, hope you like it. Let me know what you think.

• Like 1

Awesome intro, thanks dragon for setting it up. :highfive:

I'm almost done with my 1st playthrough on darksouls, hopefully I can knock out the rest in the next coming week,

Once that is done I'll get back to the ocean of stars and work on some BT's or just start my universe diff run with Faize.  I'm a bit rusty I'll be happy hitting 90% trophy completion this year with SO4 :) plus those 60,000 kills holy crap

Edited by nevetsteven2
  • Like 2

How long do you think you need to plat the game?

I think that it will take me at or around 500 hours.

300 hours?!

holyshitpe6.jpg

Dude, there's still a lot more to do, so it's gonna be a lot longer. I haven't even started on my Universe mode playthrough yet, I still have BT stuff to do on Galaxy mode.

Well, this looks fun and should motivate me to restart the game. So I'll join, though I'll probably just be playing for the main story and not the platinum... Very slowly :P

Woohoo, decided to join after all and get your own introduction :highfive:. Behold the power of the intros B). You'll be writing it yourself, right :P?

Awesome intro, thanks dragon for setting it up. :highfive:

I'm almost done with my 1st playthrough on darksouls, hopefully I can knock out the rest in the next coming week,

Once that is done I'll get back to the ocean of stars and work on some BT's or just start my universe diff run with Faize.  I'm a bit rusty I'll be happy hitting 90% trophy completion this year with SO4 :) plus those 60,000 kills holy crap

Nice, I'm glad that you like it :D

I think that it will take me at or around 500 hours.

Dude, there's still a lot more to do, so it's gonna be a lot longer. I haven't even started on my Universe mode playthrough yet, I still have BT stuff to do on Galaxy mode.

Ok, so you're already halfway there.

I know. I just wanted to use that picture. xD On PST, they said it can take 1,000.

Lol, those moments when you can finally post an image that fit perfectly are priceless.

Ok, so you're already halfway there.

Yeah, basically. My plan is to get everyone that I can, which means everyone except Lymle and Faize, to 100% in my current Galaxy run. Lymle will be at 98% due to the 2 Ethereal Queen BTs. I'll do an extra Earth Mode playthrough for those 2. I'll be in control of Faize through my entire Universe run and choose him over Arumat, obviously, so I can get him to 100%. I'll then do a Chaos mode run just for that trophy, then go back to Earth mode and go through that for Lymle's last 2 BTs. Gonna make sure to fight the Ethereal Queen in first form only and get both of them in 1 go.

Well, this looks fun and should motivate me to restart the game. So I'll join, though I'll probably just be playing for the main story and not the platinum... Very slowly :P

Added your intro, I hope you like it :). Let me know what you think.

Yeah, basically. My plan is to get everyone that I can, which means everyone except Lymle and Faize, to 100% in my current Galaxy run. Lymle will be at 98% due to the 2 Ethereal Queen BTs. I'll do an extra Earth Mode playthrough for those 2. I'll be in control of Faize through my entire Universe run and choose him over Arumat, obviously, so I can get him to 100%. I'll then do a Chaos mode run just for that trophy, then go back to Earth mode and go through that for Lymle's last 2 BTs. Gonna make sure to fight the Ethereal Queen in first form only and get both of them in 1 go.

Ok, that sounds complicated x_x. Or maybe I've been going at it for too long :hmm:.

Ok, that sounds complicated x_x. Or maybe I've been going at it for too long :hmm:.

Haha, it really isn't complicated once you actually do it, though some of the BTs are just either boring/grindy, like having Lymle die in battle X number of times, or with Bacchus, doing exact damage with up to 5 digit numbers, which is freaking insane IMO. I have a calculator to help calculate the attack you'd need to do certain damage, but it's still very variable, which is a big pain.

Feel the hype guys. If the thread is this big before you started, think of the size when you're reporting your journey of 1000 hours, guess we'll find out the max number of posts in a single thread O_O

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 1

Haha, it really isn't complicated once you actually do it, though some of the BTs are just either boring/grindy, like having Lymle die in battle X number of times, or with Bacchus, doing exact damage with up to 5 digit numbers, which is freaking insane IMO. I have a calculator to help calculate the attack you'd need to do certain damage, but it's still very variable, which is a big pain.

WHAT!!! What the hell have I gotten myself in to :S.

:yay:<3  I almost choked on my food lol. I love it!

Lol, glad you like it :D.

Feel the hype guys. If the thread is this big before you started, think of the size when you're reporting your journey of 1000 hours, guess we'll find out the max number of posts in a single thread O_O

Lol :lol: it seems fitting for such a long game to have a lot of posts, although I still have to announce some new things. The most I've seen so far is about 600 pages which is around 12,000 posts. So we still have quite some pages to go :P

good luck to you all on your quest for this :platinum:.

This is a title I've had in my backlog since it was 1st released. 1 day I may actually get round to finishing it myself, maybe now SO5 has been announced I will make the push and get it done.

I almost want to sign up just for one of these badass intro's...

...almost.

Damn still not convinced? So close.... It's a good thing I still have some stuff to announce that will hopefully make you even more hyped :eyebrow:.

You have gotten yourself into hell, my friend, and the only way out is to achieve the Platinum. We hope you enjoy your stay.

If there's a hell, I think I'll go there for some R&R after I'm finished grinding SO4.

good luck to you all on your quest for this :platinum:.

This is a title I've had in my backlog since it was 1st released. 1 day I may actually get round to finishing it myself, maybe now SO5 has been announced I will make the push and get it done.

Thnx :D. When that day comes, please join.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

So I have actually started this game in the past and reading this has made me actually want to go back and try my hand at the platinum.  I only finished the first boss battle so I'm in for a ride huh? I've been trying to knock out other games before I started this quest.

I love the intros though. :P

Edited by Tail Red

So I have actually started this game in the past and reading this has made me actually want to go back and try my hand at the platinum.  I only finished the first boss battle so I'm in for a ride huh? I've been trying to knock out other games before I started this quest.

I love the intros though. :P

Thnx :D, so you're joining too?

lol, Hell>Platting SO4, apparently.

Yes :P.

• Like 1

This sounds really fun. It's a great game, I just stopped in the middle of it because I was drawn in by other games. Not sure if I'd be in it for the long haul, but it's still going to be interesting to see everyone playing for the plat!