Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

I have this game on my shelf...but chances are it's going to be a very long time before I get to it.  :shakefist:

I know once I start this game I'm going to want to do everything possible for the platinum...so it'll possibly be last on my list. (out of 20+ games.)

The one curse of late ownership of the PS3 is that I have so many great titles to play and I can never make up my mind which one comes next.

T_T

Or you could start with the game that takes the longest to complete :awesome:.

Dragon-Archon, the online for White Knight Chronicles 1 & 2 is completely shut down. Luckily, I did download the downloadable/GeoNet quests prior to that happening. It will take twice (or maybe 10x) as long to complete WKC 1 & 2 as a result. I may actually never finish them or Platinum them. I did Platinum Resistance 2 in a month and a half and recently finished MOH Warfighter's multiplayer trophies, so I'm very patient.

If there's online stuff for Star Ocean LHI, that's great though!

Ok, SO4 has no online trophies though.

Haha, love it dude.

Awesome :highfive:.

Interesting as this is, it might get me back into playing it again Lol.

The question is,

Will we be starting a fresh new save file ?

Or do we pick up from where last left off at ?

You can play at your own pace and continue from where you left off. There are also no checkpoints and it's up to you whether you want to get the plat or just play for fun.

Or you could start with the game that takes the longest to complete :awesome:.

I would but I trade in a lot of the games I play. This game in particular is going to take me a long time and by the time I play/beat my other games chances are their value will drop a lot. I tend to have times on the higher side of completion times listed so if I've seen that this game can in fact take up to 1000 hours chances are it will take me around 700 hours. (I'm not the fastest but not the slowest either) :P

I love my intro. hehe  :giggle:

Awesome, glad to hear it :highfive:.

I would but I trade in a lot of the games I play. This game in particular is going to take me a long time and by the time I play/beat my other games chances are their value will drop a lot. I tend to have times on the higher side of completion times listed so if I've seen that this game can in fact take up to 1000 hours chances are it will take me around 700 hours. (I'm not the fastest but not the slowest either) :P

Ok, good luck with the other games :).

Just seen this as I haven't been on PSNP allday, and I absolutely love it Dragon, good job dood. Can't wait to start it now, should be here by Tuesday I'm hoping, but I will probably wait until June 1st so I can clear up a few more games on my profile. Dem intros are the balls :D

• Like 1

Precision is like "fuck it, I am doing a different game" :P

But, but my intro text... that would mean I have to change it :/.

Just seen this as I haven't been on PSNP allday, and I absolutely love it Dragon, good job dood. Can't wait to start it now, should be here by Tuesday I'm hoping, but I will probably wait until June 1st so I can clear up a few more games on my profile. Dem intros are the balls :D

Thnx buddy :highfive:, glad you like it too. At first I wasn't even sure if y'all would like it. That only leaves Shana to give her opinion. Ok, you can start earlier if you want.

I have no idea how to even pick out my quote from your reply, Dragon. 

I don't have some fancy hip intro. I'm just here to join and have fun going after the SO4 platinum

Lol :lol:, I'll write one for you. I've got just the perfect thing in mind mwuahahahaha :eyebrow:. Yep that's what this thread is for, I hope you enjoy yourself :D.

I have no idea how to even pick out my quote from your reply, Dragon. 

I don't have some fancy hip intro. I'm just here to join and have fun going after the SO4 platinum

Added your intro, I hope you like it.

• Like 1

But, but my intro text... that would mean I have to change it :/.

Thnx buddy :highfive:, glad you like it too. At first I wasn't even sure if y'all would like it. That only leaves Shana to give her opinion. Ok, you can start earlier if you want.

Lol :lol:, I'll write one for you. I've got just the perfect thing in mind mwuahahahaha :eyebrow:. Yep that's what this thread is for, I hope you enjoy yourself :D.

Added your intro, I hope you like it.

Hey, saw this post in UR trophy league.

I'd like to join this if there's still room. So its a Let's Play so we are recording it or streaming or are we just chatting with each other while going on?

My little introduction:

Hi, my name is Christian (Hence Cissa), and from Norway (hence the NO :P) and I love gaming. Trophy addiction came to my head as soon as I figured out what it was. Doing trophies makes you experience 100% of the game imo.

Due to an injury I'm just sitting home making a pit on my sofa, so this journey is something for me. I love RPG's and dont mind grinding as I have my tricks for it. Because of this I can also play all day and everyday even. I have all tools for recording and or streaming if its needed too. I'm soon to be 25 years old. Own this game already, and have it still in plastic in my shelf, waiting for the right moment. ;)

Taking me in will make my days more fun sitting at home :)

• Like 2

Saw your post in the Ultra Hunters league, Archon

Tempting, I guess - but I'll pass due to the hundreds of hours required, and due to my current game backlog

Good luck to all participants - the player introductions are also a nice touch and a joy to read

• Like 1

Hey, saw this post in UR trophy league.

I'd like to join this if there's still room. So its a Let's Play so we are recording it or streaming or are we just chatting with each other while going on?

My little introduction:

Hi, my name is Christian (Hence Cissa), and from Norway (hence the NO :P) and I love gaming. Trophy addiction came to my head as soon as I figured out what it was. Doing trophies makes you experience 100% of the game imo.

Due to an injury I'm just sitting home making a pit on my sofa, so this journey is something for me. I love RPG's and dont mind grinding as I have my tricks for it. Because of this I can also play all day and everyday even. I have all tools for recording and or streaming if its needed too. I'm soon to be 25 years old. Own this game already, and have it still in plastic in my shelf, waiting for the right moment. ;)

Taking me in will make my days more fun sitting at home :)

Awesome, sure there are unlimited places (or until the first post becomes too long :P). Welcome to the team.

I wasn't planning on recording/streaming anything, because I don't have the necessary equipment but if you want to do it, go ahead. That would make it memorable to post the videos in the first post. Since everyone plays at their own pace and lives in different time zones, it would make chatting hard. But we can always try and create a private chat on this site. This thread is more to encourage and help each other to play it (or plat it if you're up to it). There are also no checkpoints, so you can play just the way you like.

What are those tricks you mention in the introduction? That sort of thing could help other people to make the mother of all grinds more bearable.

Saw your post in the Ultra Hunters league, Archon

Tempting, I guess - but I'll pass due to the hundreds of hours required, and due to my current game backlog

Good luck to all participants - the player introductions are also a nice touch and a joy to read

Ok, it's not required to get the plat though.

Thnx, much appreciated :D

lol Just need a couple of days to think of about it first. 

Ok, let me know what you decide :).

xD I'm dying at that intro, Dragon. 10/10 sir

Thnx, I'm very glad you like it :highfive:.

I dropped a like earlier today on the OP but only now have time to post something. Great job on the participants intro, makes this quest even more epic!  :D

I see that Wdjat Prinny Doods is the veteran who has experienced this long adventure already, he's like Master Splinter from Ninja Turtles  xD

teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_42376.jpg

• Like 4

What are those tricks you mention in the introduction? That sort of thing could help other people to make the mother of all grinds more bearable.

I have to use heavy painkillers to be able to function from the injury. And those makes me in a careless mood where nothing is boring :P

Other than that, I tend to listen to music, have a friend over to chat with, or watch some serie on the laptop while going at it =p

• Like 1

Hope you guys don't lose sanity while attempting this plat. I almost did because the  game decided to froze a lot while farming and I lost more than 15 hours because of this issues.

When you guys reach the farming part be save and safe often, Like an hour or so... The game likes to frezee a lot specially in the post game dungeons.

Before starting take note of all the missables. There are treasures and enemies you will be no longer be able to see when you reach certain parts of the game.

Remember to make a separate save before one of the crew members left the game for good so you can focus on their battle trophies in that playthrough instead of starting a new game.

• Like 2

Oh dood Lou's intro ,didn't know he would be playing some tunes xD

I know, right :lol:. Yeah we needed some entertainment at night.

I dropped a like earlier today on the OP but only now have time to post something. Great job on the participants intro, makes this quest even more epic!  :D

I see that Wdjat Prinny Doods is the veteran who has experienced this long adventure already, he's like Master Splinter from Ninja Turtles  xD

teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_42376.jpg

Thnx :D. Yeah, kinda. And nice to see the original turtle picture. I used to watch that all the time when I was little. Shredder was such a badass, Turns out he was voiced by Uncle Phil from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

I have to use heavy painkillers to be able to function from the injury. And those makes me in a careless mood where nothing is boring :P

Other than that, I tend to listen to music, have a friend over to chat with, or watch some serie on the laptop while going at it =p

Ouch, that must've been a brutal injury. Get well soon. Ok, thnx for sharing.

Also I posted your introduction, I hope you like it, Out of curiosity: do you watch Fairy Tail? I'm not asking that because it has something to do with your intro or anything :ninja:.

I've got a bulk of it done: around 70% of the BTs, Crafting/Quests/etc is all done, the main thing I was going to focus on next was the Universe & Chaos difficulty levels. I was planning on doing Universe pretty soon, so as long as there's no pressure to do everything in one go (I'll most likely play something else between those two playthroughs), I guess you could include me as well.

As for the into, I kinda suck at that stuff... so you can cover that, if you don't mind. :P

Hope you guys don't lose sanity while attempting this plat. I almost did because the  game decided to froze a lot while farming and I lost more than 15 hours because of this issues.

When you guys reach the farming part be save and safe often, Like an hour or so... The game likes to frezee a lot specially in the post game dungeons.

Before starting take note of all the missables. There are treasures and enemies you will be no longer be able to see when you reach certain parts of the game.

Remember to make a separate save before one of the crew members left the game for good so you can focus on their battle trophies in that playthrough instead of starting a new game.

That sucks. Thnx for the tips, I'll add them to the OP.

I've got a bulk of it done: around 70% of the BTs, Crafting/Quests/etc is all done, the main thing I was going to focus on next was the Universe & Chaos difficulty levels. I was planning on doing Universe pretty soon, so as long as there's no pressure to do everything in one go (I'll most likely play something else between those two playthroughs), I guess you could include me as well.

As for the into, I kinda suck at that stuff... so you can cover that, if you don't mind. :P

Ok, there are no rules or checkpoints to hold you back (well you know, other than obtaining it legit :P). So you can play at your own pace. 

Ok, welcome to the team. I'll go work on your intro text.

Oh man when the game froze and I hadn't saved after getting 40 of Meracle's items to drop dood T_T

• Like 1