Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

Enjoy! I'm coming back to this myself, having recently written the guide here.

That guide could be improved by adding boss strategies.

I'm not exactly good with intros, so I'll leave writing one up to you.

Ok, I'll get on it *puts on shades and cracks knuckle joints*

Edit:

Just found out this is my 4,000th post :dance:.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

So I've been thinking long and hard about this.....count me in! I think I'm going for the platinum, as well.

I'm not really good at creative writing, so will introduce myself as best as I can:

Edunstar84

I like JRPGs. Period. Although my trophy list does not reflect it, have a gander at my PSN Profile and you will see, you will see.... I can provide companionship for long walks on the beach, watching sunsets, and I will always have everyone's backs as we stand together and fight for the glory of the SO4 platinum.

(Was that good enough)

PS: I plan to have patience of a saint for this game. Oh, man am I looking forward to it!!!  xD

So I've been thinking long and hard about this.....count me in! I think I'm going for the platinum, as well.

I'm not really good at creative writing, so will introduce myself as best as I can:

Edunstar84

I like JRPGs. Period. Although my trophy list does not reflect it, have a gander at my PSN Profile and you will see, you will see.... I can provide companionship for long walks on the beach, watching sunsets, and I will always have everyone's backs as we stand together and fight for the glory of the SO4 platinum.

(Was that good enough)

PS: I plan to have patience of a saint for this game. Oh, man am I looking forward to it!!!  xD

Awesome, welcome to the team :highfive:. I'll adjust the intro text a bit.

That's why I said "disc reader, y u do dis?" My PS3's disc reader died last year and it hasn't read a disc since.

Oh ok, that's a shame. I didn't know that.

Thnx, should I add you to the list?

Nah. I've played this game at my own pace for 5 years now. But I'll root you guys on.

That guide could be improved by adding boss strategies.

Maybe, but I think strategies like that fit better in a gameplay guide, rather than a trophy guide. Edited by starcrunch061

I have Star Ocean, too. If I didn't have any other plans this summer game-wise, I'd probably join you. But it's looking like I will, but there may be another time. Still, I'll be rooting for you all and I'm following this now! :D

Edited by ShadowStar83x

Nah. I've played this game at my own pace for 5 years now. But I'll root you guys on.

Maybe, but I think strategies like that fit better in a gameplay guide, rather than a trophy guide.

Then why wouldn't someone just use that guide? I think if it is relevant to the game it should probably be in the guide.

I really want to try to Platinum this game but I might be either a) insane or B) got too many multiplayer trophies to get through on other games. :(

Not to mention the Don Quixote-like quest to Platinum White Knight Chronicles 1 & 2 (completely offline too!). Oh and Gran Turismo 5, NG Sigma 2, Wipeout HD, Vanquish, MG Rising....

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 1

I'm not exactly good with intros, so I'll leave writing one up to you.

I've added your intros to the OP, hope you like it.

Maybe, but I think strategies like that fit better in a gameplay guide, rather than a trophy guide.

Then why wouldn't someone just use that guide? I think if it is relevant to the game it should probably be in the guide.

Yeah I agree with Mayus. Boss strategies are relevant and the guide would definitely improve with some more details. It's a bit empty and lacking details for such a huge game.

I have Star Ocean, too. If I didn't have any other plans this summer game-wise, I'd probably join you. But it's looking like I will, but there may be another time. Still, I'll be rooting for you all and I'm following this now! :D

If everyone in this thread who's doing this completes it, will it bump the :platinum over 1%?  xD

Ok, you can join at any time and play at your own pace.

Don't worry about the rarity. We'll each create 5 dummy accounts and get 1 SO4 on them to lower it ;).

I forgot to mention that I might be able to start until after June 6. I'm training to hike up a mountain :P

That's ok, I'll most likely start the game near the end of June.

I could... try

Is that a yes?

This would be a good excuse to finally start this journey  :hmm: SIGN ME UP!!!

IMO Disgaea platinum's are more impressive, just saying. But whatever, I'm sure there're a few that would disagree.

Awesome, welcome to the team. Are you going to write your own introduction?

This is an awesome idea guys I love this game and will probably try to get the plat before the new one comes out! And you can bet your sexy ass I will use your LP for help!

Thnx :D, are you joining too?

I really want to try to Platinum this game but I might be either a) insane or B) got too many multiplayer trophies to get through on other games. :(

Not to mention the Don Quixote-like quest to Platinum White Knight Chronicles 1 & 2 (completely offline too!)

Ok, let me know if you want to join. You can create a game session to boost the mp trophies.

I have this game on my shelf...but chances are it's going to be a very long time before I get to it.  :shakefist:

I know once I start this game I'm going to want to do everything possible for the platinum...so it'll possibly be last on my list. (out of 20+ games.)

The one curse of late ownership of the PS3 is that I have so many great titles to play and I can never make up my mind which one comes next.

T_T

Dragon-Archon, the online for White Knight Chronicles 1 & 2 is completely shut down. Luckily, I did download the downloadable/GeoNet quests prior to that happening. It will take twice (or maybe 10x) as long to complete WKC 1 & 2 as a result. I may actually never finish them or Platinum them. I did Platinum Resistance 2 in a month and a half and recently finished MOH Warfighter's multiplayer trophies, so I'm very patient.

If there's online stuff for Star Ocean LHI, that's great though!

EDIT: My intro --

POEman553 is completely nuts. He's a late comer to trophy hunting because he works jobs that are 80+ hour weeks without any time to actually play. He'll buy games and thinks "that looks cool, I'll play it later!" only for him to scramble like mad when online servers are shut down and wondering which of his games is next. So a lot of the games he plays lives in a world of brown and grey and people shoot each other because 'Merica. He hopes to join us on this journey and he is a fan of JRPG's. He's already prepared to be annoyed by that girl that says 'Kay' a lot, 'kay?

EDIT2: On second thought, Dragon-Archon, please write my description to keep in spirit of the 'party of adventurers' theme you have going.

Edited by POEman553