Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

That sucks. Thnx for the tips, I'll add them to the OP.

Ok, there are no rules or checkpoints to hold you back (well you know, other than obtaining it legit :P). So you can play at your own pace. 

Ok, welcome to the team. I'll go work on your intro text.

Manual saves are  essential for optimizing the time for this platinum. For example the best place to farm Bachus drops  is in a  early part of the game but is boring as hell so you will probably want to keep up with the story. You can make a save in that area and load the save later to just farm his drops there. 

Good thing about battle trophies is that all your progress is saved in a separate file. So you can load any save you want and it will keep adding numbers to your total progression.

Oh man when the game froze and I hadn't saved after getting 40 of Meracle's items to drop dood T_T

I lost 50 Meracle drops there too. That place is so vulnerable to froze screens...specially if you spam Arumat's special attack like crazy.

Also I posted your introduction, I hope you like it, Out of curiosity: do you watch Fairy Tail? I'm not asking that because it has something to do with your intro or anything :ninja:.

Thats ice cold :o And you'd be lucky if I wore no underwear :lol: Nah I dont watch Fairy Tale :o

I've got a bulk of it done: around 70% of the BTs, Crafting/Quests/etc is all done, the main thing I was going to focus on next was the Universe & Chaos difficulty levels. I was planning on doing Universe pretty soon, so as long as there's no pressure to do everything in one go (I'll most likely play something else between those two playthroughs), I guess you could include me as well.

As for the into, I kinda suck at that stuff... so you can cover that, if you don't mind. :P

Finished the intro, hope you like it :eyebrow:.

Manual saves are  essential for optimizing the time for this platinum. For example the best place to farm Bachus drops  is in a  early part of the game but is boring as hell so you will probably want to keep up with the story. You can make a save in that area and load the save later to just farm his drops there. 

Good thing about battle trophies is that all your progress is saved in a separate file. So you can load any save you want and it will keep adding numbers to your total progression.

I lost 50 Meracle drops there too. That place is so vulnerable to froze screens...specially if you spam Arumat's special attack like crazy.

It seems freezing is a common thing, I really hate that. Would you like to join as an advisor too?

Thats ice cold :o And you'd be lucky if I wore no underwear :lol: Nah I dont watch Fairy Tale :o

Do you like it? Lol, maybe the females would. You should try it, it's very funny.

• Like 1

Finished the intro, hope you like it :eyebrow:.

It seems freezing is a common thing, I really hate that. Would you like to join as an advisor too?

Do you like it? Lol, maybe the females would. You should try it, it's very funny.

Sure! count me in :)  I havn't played the game in like 3 years but I still remember some of the battle trophies as it was yesteday :D

I just realized, I'm gonna turn on this game for the first time since December and probably go "I have no idea what the hell I'm doing." It's gonna take a little bit to get back into this game, but I can tell you the first thing I'm gonna get done; the 255 drops with the characters I haven't done yet, which is everyone except Bacchus and Meracle because oh god they took so long.

I just realized, I'm gonna turn on this game for the first time since December and probably go "I have no idea what the hell I'm doing." It's gonna take a little bit to get back into this game, but I can tell you the first thing I'm gonna get done; the 255 drops with the characters I haven't done yet, which is everyone except Bacchus and Meracle because oh god they took so long.

Lucky for you, you got the worst 2 characters out of the way since there drops have the lowest drop rate dood

Lucky for you, you got the worst 2 characters out of the way since there drops have the lowest drop rate dood

Exactly why I did them first. I think when I was about 150 in with Meracle, the game froze, and stupid me didn't save... So much precious time lost. But I had a hell of a lot easier time with her than Bacchus. I'm gonna hate going through the Wandering Dungeon for the others, though, especially for Serah, since I think I gotta get to like 18 or something. IDK if it's with her, but one of the characters drops can be done up there near the end.

Sure! count me in :)  I havn't played the game in like 3 years but I still remember some of the battle trophies as it was yesteday :D

Awesome, welcome to the team :highfive:. Are you going to write your own introduction?

What is this character drop you're talking about?

Also that game collection on your profile WTH O_O.

Oh, can you tell I prefer physical copies? :P The sad thing is I sold a good chunk of games (mainly older PS1 games) when I was younger & very stupid, just for some cash to buy a new game (which I don't even have anymore), I still regret that to this day. :(

Awesome, welcome to the team :highfive:. Are you going to write your own introduction?

What is this character drop you're talking about?

Each charcter (except Faize I think) has a battle trophy where you have to get 255 -ology drops for that character. ology drops are item drops that are specific to a particular species of monster and each character has a specific -ology they are assigned dood

Edited by Wdjat Prinny Doods

Oh, can you tell I prefer physical copies? :P The sad thing is I sold a good chunk of games (mainly older PS1 games) when I was younger & very stupid, just for some cash to buy a new game (which I don't even have anymore), I still regret that to this day. :(

That thought never even crossed my mind :P. Can't you buy those games again?

Each charcter (except Faize I think) has a battle trophy where you have to get 255 -ology drops for that character. ology drops are item drops that are specific to a particular species of monster and each character has a specific -ology they are assigned dood

That sounds grindy...  :S

That is indeed an epic quest, "the journey is the goal"!

Good luck guys :)

Thnx, yes the journey is an important part too. It's not only about the destination.

I do like that everyone gets an introduction paragraph, kind of like a DnD description.

Yeah I wanted to do something special and couldn't think of anything else. What's a DnD?

Good luck to all who try this. Enjoy the 1000 hr grind :P

Thnx, we have 2 advisors, so hopefully that will reduce the grind.

Wow those are some really epic intros :yay:. Good luck to everyone who tries to platinum one of the most time consuming JRPGs in existence.

Thnx :D.

This is the most masochistic thread on the site. 

Good luck to all involved xD

come on Boooda you need a game for 200 don't you? :D

Ha! I'd like to hit 200 before I die, this game doesn't give me that luxury xD

It would make for an epic milestone.

Wait, what? Boooda are you saying you don't have that long to live :o

• Like 1

Attention Team PSNP: I've added a link to your profile on the first post. That should make it easier to track each others progress.

(Yes Shana, I've used the link in your sig :)).

Oh it is, just one of the many reasons this plat is so lengthy dood. The real grind though are the two 30,000 kill battle trophies for Edge and Arumat dood

Challenge accepted dood B)

EDIT: My intro --

POEman553 is completely nuts. He's a late comer to trophy hunting because he works jobs that are 80+ hour weeks without any time to actually play. He'll buy games and thinks "that looks cool, I'll play it later!" only for him to scramble like mad when online servers are shut down and wondering which of his games is next. So a lot of the games he plays lives in a world of brown and grey and people shoot each other because 'Merica. He hopes to join us on this journey and he is a fan of JRPG's. He's already prepared to be annoyed by that girl that says 'Kay' a lot, 'kay?

EDIT2: On second thought, Dragon-Archon, please write my description to keep in spirit of the 'party of adventurers' theme you have going.

Ok, I've added you to the first post and I'll start on your introduction. Also for future reference it's better to post this in a new comment, so I get a notification about it. When you edit a previous post, I won't know about it.

When that time comes I will  :D

Interesting as this is, it might get me back into playing it again Lol.

The question is,

Will we be starting a fresh new save file ?

Or do we pick up from where last left off at ?

So should I add you to the first post?

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Ha! I'd like to hit 200 before I die, this game doesn't give me that luxury xD

So the doctors said you have how long left? because I am sure you should be able to make it #200 at the very least even if you die the next day.

Yeah I wanted to do something special and couldn't think of anything else. What's a DnD?

I am pretty sure that is Dungeons & Dragons.

Oh it is, just one of the many reasons this plat is so lengthy dood. The real grind though are the two 30,000 kill battle trophies for Edge and Arumat dood

30,000 kills shouldn't be too bad though I'll probably regret saying that now, is it specific monsters or anything counts for those kills?

So the doctors said you have how long left? because I am sure you should be able to make it #200 at the very least even if you die the next day.

I am pretty sure that is Dungeons & Dragons.

30,000 kills shouldn't be too bad though I'll probably regret saying that now, is it specific monsters or anything counts for those kills?

Any monsters count but I did everything else in the game and barely had 30,000 kills between all characters let alone having 30k kills for Edge and Arumat each dood.