We Play Ys: Memories of Celceta

No, first missable progression is after the Mine and before you leave. He should be putting missable in the Checkpoints just so people don't get screwed over.

That would be after the current checkpoint, which is why I haven't mentioned it. As its after the first dungeon you get access to the town where the quest is. Unless you want me to move where the checkpoint is?

After completing the Casnia Mine, you can accept a side quest to sell Iron Ore for :bronze:Touché Salesman. You can fail that and miss that bronze trophy and the :silver:Philantrophist.

This is in the town after the mine right? Unless what I'm looking at is inaccurate.

No, first missable progression is after the Mine and before you leave. He should be putting missable in the Checkpoints just so people don't get screwed over.

No, I've checked again and if people stick to the checkpoints and don't start running off they won't be screwed out of anything. If you've seen how I've run things previously I haven't missed any missables in any games yet, so I'm pretty confident what I'm doing. If i'm doing something wrong be more clear as to why its wrong. The trigger for that trophy is before you have missed anything.

I also have to highlight this, because this kind of comment will undermine confidence in the group. So no I have not made an error, we'll get into the town and sidequests, on Saturday, I'll set this as a timed checkpoint.

EDIT: that probably comes across as more annoyed than I am, but not easy to convey that.

Edited by Superbuu3

No, I've checked again and if people stick to the checkpoints and don't start running off they won't be screwed out of anything. If you've seen how I've run things previously I haven't missed any missables in any games yet, so I'm pretty confident what I'm doing. If i'm doing something wrong be more clear as to why its wrong. The trigger for that trophy is before you have missed anything.

I also have to highlight this, because this kind of comment will undermine confidence in the group. So no I have not made an error, we'll get into the town and sidequests, on Saturday, I'll set this as a timed checkpoint.

That's not a post saying you arn't going to be doing that. That's a post saying that you will be doing that. So no one misses anything.

Here's some tips from Dragon-Archon:

I do have a few tips to make it easier:

• People need to walk near the edges of the map for it to propery register. I ended up with 99.3% uncovered, because I didn't walk near the edges at some places. The map is slightly blurry to indicate those areas.
  • Also while exploring you or the AI party members need to attack a resource point and get at least 1 item from it to count for :silver:  Stupendous Scavenger.
  • Once you have uncovered at least 50% of the map, report back to Griselda to get the Aeolus Urn artefact. Go to the Highland Village and upgrade it to Aeolus Urn+ as soon as possible. This will cause the urn to drop between 5-10 money every 5 or so seconds. Keep it equipped at all times (unless you need another artefact to progress the story). Getting 5-10 money doesn't seem much, but over the course of 30+ hours it will greatly help towards :bronze:  Money For Something. Note that the 1 million isn't cumulative, you must have it on you. Upgraded artefacts do not carry over to NG+.
  • Try to uncover 100% of the map before completing the first playthrough and report to Griselda. You get money for every 10% you discover for a grand total of 245,000 gold. Map completion carries over, so once you start NG+ you can get 245,000 gold again, along with the Aeolus Urn and Ares Seal artefacts.
  • Do Nightmare during NG+ and equip the Ares Seal. That thing drastically increases the refill rate of the EXTRA skill.

I'd like to add the following:

• I made a calculation error about the 10 rewards you get from Griselda. The total amount is 241,500 gold and not 245,000.
  • Be very careful when you or your party members get affected with Misfortune (a cracked 5-pointed star symbol, see image below). Characters affected with this will loose up to 50,000 gold every time they get hit and you can only recover about 10% of what you lost. Should you not be aware of this (like I was at first) you can easily loose all your gold. The best thing is to run away and wait for the effect to disappear. The skulls in the picture are from a Curse effect and aren't related to Misfortune, it's the only picture I could find.

yscelceta_misfortune.jpg

Edited by Dragon-Archon

sorry for intrusion.. but is there a specific time when people should start... you know... like it is already June 12 in my place...:3

Go ahead, I just said the 12th June, dictating a time would get complicated so if its 12th for you go nuts.

• I made a calculation error about the 10 rewards you get from Griselda. The total amount is 241,500 gold and not 245,000.
  • Be very careful when you or your party members get affected with Misfortune (a cracked 5-pointed star symbol, see image below). Characters affected with this will loose up to 50,000 gold every time they get hit and you can only recover about 10% of what you lost. Should you not be aware of this (like I was at first) you can easily loose all your gold. The best thing is to run away and wait for the effect to disappear.

yscelceta_misfortune.jpg

I'll edit that into the first post.

Also that is the worst status effect i've heard of in a game.

Edited by Superbuu3

• Be very careful when you or your party members get affected with Misfortune (a cracked 5-pointed star symbol, see image below). Characters affected with this will loose up to 50,000 gold every time they get hit and you can only recover about 10% of what you lost. Should you not be aware of this (like I was at first) you can easily loose all your gold. The best thing is to run away and wait for the effect to disappear. The skulls in the picture are from a Curse effect and aren't related to Misfortune, it's the only picture I could find.

yscelceta_misfortune.jpg

will confirm regarding the mapping reward... you will get total of 241500 when you 100%'d the map... see spoiler below for denomination

with regards to misfortune, that is the perfect screenshot... if you are in Misfortune, there will be 2 purple-ish skull, the character body will turn purple-ish as well and in your icon with that star below... curse has different icon and you will be colored green... and yep.. this the worst debuff... good thing there is an accessory to prevent it...

oh btw... checkpoint reached? the trophy will pop after you talk with Griselda in her office right? and no progress of map yet since I haven't received the map of Celceta yet...

Checkpoint Reached. Mines done.

Man the JP control scheme is all sorts of confusing.

Went ahead and hit this checkpoint since it's a quickie. Staying up pretty late today doing Inn Requests in Graces f, so not sure how long I'll be sleeping tomorrow, heh. Wouldn't want to hold people back at the beginning.

Edited by Yadilie

You can switch the Vita controls while you're playing this if you want.

I'll probably get used to this. It's just at the moment I was trying to Dualize things and do Celceta. So I was swapping between JP and NA control schemes within seconds of each other, heh.

I've also just reached the first checkpoint.

Although my game time has been under an hour, I am really happy with this game so far! It's exactly what I've been looking for on the Vita.

Having no background knowledge of this game or its story, it's also nice to finally have a grasp on the games premise - that is, the relevance of memories, map exploration etc. 

Edited by j-a-y-888