Supporting 2 teams in same sport?

ITzRoryOC

I support two teams in the NFL: The Carolina Panthers & The Dallas Cowboys. The reason I support the Panthers is simply because I live in South Carolina and they represent the Carolinas.  I support the Cowboys because my dad is a Cowboys Fan. That's his number 1 team. So, growing up as a kid I always remember seeing Cowboy's games on the tv and my dad rooted for them so I grew to like them and now I support both teams. But if they met in a game, I'd have to root for the Panthers to win since they represent my state which I love but whichever teams wins, it's still a win win situation.

So yea, that's why.  I never saw the big deal in supporting two teams in the same sport. If there are two teams you like then support them, screw sports elitists and their imaginary rulebooks.

Just to clarify this isn't directed at the TC, I just mean in general.

Fair enough! 

Liverpool fan, wouldn't wear another teams shirt if I was paid to do so. I like some American Handball too, not crazy about it but it's okay to watch from time to time, takes too long between plays sometimes for me though. I like GAA too, which is Irish. 

Hey man, Im Irish too! Do you support any League of Ireland team?

Hey man, Im Irish too! Do you support any League of Ireland team?

I assume you mean football? Not a huge follower of Irish football but I'm from Sligo so I'd go for Sligo Rovers.

Arsenal fan here, but I got a soft spot for liverpool, I think they're fans are amazing.

I have a soft spot for Arsenal too, except when it's LFC VS Arsenal of course lol. If Liverpool weren't to win the title (as usual...) I'd like to see Arsenal take it over United, Chelsea and City. And I like Wenger. They could do it next season, if they can get some consistent performances.

• Like 1

I assume you mean football? Not a huge follower of Irish football but I'm from Sligo so I'd go for Sligo Rovers.

I have a soft spot for Arsenal too, except when it's LFC VS Arsenal of course lol. If Liverpool weren't to win the title (as usual...) I'd like to see Arsenal take it over United, Chelsea and City. And I like Wenger. They could do it next season, if they can get some consistent performances.

Nice! I went to anfield a few years back, my ears never recovered lol the atmosphere was amazing.

Edited by Nemo

World Cup - It's Germany or no one. Sorry, but it's in my blood.

NHL - Sharks. But, they are hard to watch. I'll always watch who ever is playing though.

NFL - Cowboys. Again, hard to watch them sometimes cause they always choke...lol

Soccer in general. Hmmm. I'll watch what ever is on:)

I support two teams the NRL (National Rugby League),. The Parramatta Eels and The Canberra Raiders. I've supported the Raiders for as long as I can remember because I liked a player and my cousin played for them. As I got older I started to like Parra too so I supported both. When they verse each other I go for Parra because I've become more invested in them over the years but I'm happy if the Raiders beat 'em.

• 6 months later...

Only team sport I actually care about is the NFL. I've been a Raiders fan since I was 7,  and am now old enough that most people would wonder why I'd started so late if my sproggen was 7. Not going to change, but I will generally support whoever wins the AFC West in the playoffs. Unless it's the Chiefs.  Seriously @%$# the Chiefs.

I've live much of my life in Denver, so I won't root against them most of the time. I also lived for several years in both New England and the Pacific Northwest so...

I like the game and the NFL, so yeah I'll support whomever my favorite survivor is at that point.  I can like more than one team, or even just individual players for various teams.

• 1 month later...

I have 2 teams in football that i cheer for, but they aren't in the same league anymore.

My favorite club PSV Eindhoven, who reached the last 16 of the Champions League

and VVV-Venlo, because the club is really close to where i live, so i used to go and watch them play a lot.

But they now play in the 2nd Dutch division

There is one thing I go by: Support your local club.

I don't mind people supporting foreign clubs or clubs they don't really have anything to do with (I have a foreign club I love as well), but I hate it when people ignore their local club and just focus on the foreign one. In my case, it's mainly because my local club plays at the biggest stadium in the country and can't even fill half of it come matchday. Our national league has an avarage of about 1500 specators, which is totally poor, especially for the level of football being played, which is not even remotely bad. And this would probably not happen if people tried and supported their local team as well. But hey, it is what it is :P

Also, as I mentioned, I support a foreign team and that is Glasgow Celtic. Love the colours, the history, the rivalry and the fans, so I have a huge respect for Celtic as a club. That is why it's also my favourite foreign team.

• 3 weeks later...

This is e-sports, but ti's relevant here, I guess.

In CS:GO I have a bunch of favourite teams tbh I like them all apart from Cloud 9. I basically have them in order from most liked to least liked. Not a list I made, it just sits in my head. But V.P is always my favourie because they're Poland's best team. LG is nice because they are underdogs and within months made it to the top through passion. And Fnatic because watching their lay is beautiful. They're too good.

As for football, I don't care about clubs, only countries. Before a match I ask myself which country I like more and then I root for them.

Edited by SzogunskiPL

Knew a guy a long time ago (before City's oil money) that, because he lived in Manchester, claimed to be a Man City fan, but cheered for Utd in the Champions League. Baffles me to this day.

This is e-sports, but ti's relevant here, I guess.

In CS:GO I have a bunch of favourite teams tbh I like them all apart from Cloud 9. I basically have them in order from most liked to least liked. Not a list I made, it just sits in my head. But V.P is always my favourie because they're Poland's best team. LG is nice because they are underdogs and within months made it to the top through passion. And Fnatic because watching their lay is beautiful. They're too good.

As for football, I don't care about clubs, only countries. Before a match I ask myself which country I like more and then I root for them.

I don't hold any organization allegiances in eSports, probably because I've been involved with some and I know the back-handed things that go on in management. However for League, I cheered for CLG.EU and TSM, but now that none of the players from that time even play anymore, then I don't cheer for them anymore. Be a fan of the players and not the team name, with eSports. So with that in mind, I don't see a problem with cheering for multiple players across multiple teams, it doesn't have the same roots as being from Norwich and cheering for Norwich City.
Edited by Baggers