Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Trophy List

Some of them are kinda... grindy. Since microtransaction are confirmed on this game they hopefully won't make players force-buy them to pop a trophy or two...

But overall it's looking good, I can already sense that Elite trophy is gonna be a pain if it's like Ground Zeroes or even harder. I will take the challenge nonetheless.

Some of them are kinda... grindy. Since microtransaction are confirmed on this game they hopefully won't make players force-buy them to pop a trophy or two...

But overall it's looking good, I can already sense that Elite trophy is gonna be a pain if it's like Ground Zeroes or even harder. I will take the challenge nonetheless.

I really enjoy trophies like this, a marker for those that truly master something.

The 10M GPP one I'm not too impressed with, and I strongly suspect that is Konami's "You should buy this in the PlayStation Store" trophy like Rockstar did with GTA: Online Heists.

Can anyone tell me if Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is part of the main series. I know Peace walker isn't or is it? I'm so confused. 

It is - think of it as the Tanker Mission of Metal Gear Solid V.

Peace Walker is also, but V sort of blinks the activities of Peace Walker out in the opening act.  There are characters in V that hail from Peace Walker ; Paz, Chico and Miller for example that you gain more depth from having played it, but it is in no way necessary.

Edited by LastPisTolman
  • Like 1

It is - think of it as the Tanker Mission of Metal Gear Solid V.

Peace Walker is also, but V sort of blinks the activities of Peace Walker out in the opening act.  There are characters in V that hail from Peace Walker ; Paz, Chico and Miller for example that you gain more depth from having played it, but it is in no way necessary.

Thank you for the info.

Both GZ and PW are part of the main game, here's a fictional chronology of the main series if you're interested:

1964 – Snake Eater

1970 – Portable Ops

1974 – Peace Walker

1975 – Ground Zeroes

1984 – The Phantom Pain

1995 – Metal Gear

1999 – Solid Snake

2005 – Metal Gear Solid

2007/09 – Sons of Liberty

2014 – Guns of the Patriots

2016/18 – Rising: Revengeance

Thank you BASEDRYOUDJI, this is all I need.  :D

• Like 1

I honestly can't remember the last time I was this excited for a game.

I really hope we have to S rank all the missions on Normal and on Hard. I also expect all the key items, blueprints and costumes are well hidden in the maps so they're harder to find; The linear maps in Peace Walker made finding everything too easy. 

Edited by Dark_Tooth69

The 10M GPP one I'm not too impressed with, and I strongly suspect that is Konami's "You should buy this in the PlayStation Store" trophy like Rockstar did with GTA: Online Heists.

The GTA online trophy was fair enough, just by completing all the challenges you get over 12kk and the trophy required only 8kk. :)

S rank all missions doesn't bother me... I think that this two:

Executed

Completed all mission tasks

Hero

Obtained the codename "Hero.

could be tough, if they are missable...

Will the codename appointed at the end of the game, like in the previous Metal Gear Games? will you have to replay all the story if you fail the requirements for "hero"? same questions about the tasks...

• 2 months later...

I can imagine what a mess the inside of that MC-130 must look like at the end of a mission, if you're supposed be using the Fulton STAR system to extract wildlife and other random shit. (Hint: That's not what it's supposed to be used for.)

Edited by damon8r351

Just posting to say this is the forum thread to talk about the trophy list now that the list is officially on the site ;)

As I thought, it would be the same as the Xbox One list. Can't wait for the game! =D

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 3

S-ranking every mission will be tough. The "Prosperity" trophy sounds like a grind, but I can't tell exactly how much of a grind until I've played it. Overall I think it looks doable.

I'm just happy there's no multiplayer trophies for the time being. Although it wouldn't surprise me if Konami patch a few in as DLC trophies though, like Rockstar did with the GTA V Heists.

As I thought, it would be the same as the Xbox One list. Can't wait for the game! =D

Two Xbox Achievements are missing in the PS4-list, though, I just noticed.

Captured all outposts and guard posts in Northern Kabul, Afghanistan.

Captured all outposts and guard posts in the Angola-Zaire Border Region.

But why? It only has 1155 points, so there could have been 75 more. Like two silver trophies

Edited by dalailama1989

"S Rank All Missions"

Well guess which Platinum I'm not getting. I also feel like the "Hero" rank will be similar to MGS4's Big Boss title.

Having just gone through Peace Walker again - I imagine this will be fairer than you would imagine.

Peace Walker S Ranks were impossible for the most part until you unlocked the required items, but then became a cakewalk.

As Phantom Pain seems to be Peace Walker 2 in every sense - it wouldn't surprise me if it followed the same tact - just on a much more detailed, in depth and more sense driven way.

Having just gone through Peace Walker again - I imagine this will be fairer than you would imagine.

Peace Walker S Ranks were impossible for the most part until you unlocked the required items, but then became a cakewalk.

As Phantom Pain seems to be Peace Walker 2 in every sense - it wouldn't surprise me if it followed the same tact - just on a much more detailed, in depth and more sense driven way.

Yeah, I suppose you're right. When I played Peace Walker I didn't really get much done with R&D stuff, but I've seen people make really OP weapons with it. Maybe it will be the same here.