Does anyone order from GAME?

Superbuu3

Thought I'd talk about my recent experiences with them and find out if this happens often or is a one off.

Normally when i've dealt with them they seemed alright, but more and more often i'm noticing their deliveries go missing. Now I don't get problems from any other sites, so I feel like something is up here.

I preordered j stars as I wanted that artbook, but it went 'missing' so I contacted them today (for preorders you can wait 5 working days instead of 10). Turns out they didn't even have enough artbooks to fulfill preorders, I thought this was pretty cheeky. Several sites will have double listings so that you know when preorder incentives/specific editions have run out. I thought I'd point this out so people know GAME might pull a fast one and not actually give you stuff you preordered from them and lets face it anyone from the UK knows they charge way more than anyone else, hence the only reason to order from them is the exclusive editions they get.

I normally buy from GAME in store (3 for 2 pre-owned sale is pretty common, and their pre-owned games are cheap) but I have ordered from them online a few times, and everything arrived normally. That said, I think my last online purchase (from them) was about a year ago now so something may have changed.

• Like 1

I was thinking of importing J-Stars for a physical Vita copy as well as the artbook, but I did a little a research and heard that a lot of people reported that their shipments were canceled or went missing because the they ran out of promised pre order bonuses so I backed out.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the responses guy, I thought something weird was going on since about 3 of my last few orders went missing. Glad that now I know to think twice about being enticed by these pre-order bonuses.

I normally buy from GAME in store (3 for 2 pre-owned sale is pretty common, and their pre-owned games are cheap) but I have ordered from them online a few times, and everything arrived normally. That said, I think my last online purchase (from them) was about a year ago now so something may have changed.

I think i'll stick to the occasional decent in store deal myself.

I was thinking of importing J-Stars for a physical Vita copy as well as the artbook, but I did a little a research and heard that a lot of people reported that their shipments were canceled or went missing because the they ran out of promised pre order bonuses so I backed out.

I don't order there any more because of what happened with my pre-order of Splatoon a month ago (Basically, it "went missing") and they said that the reason for that is because the company was shutting down. I don't know the whole story but i had to switch to Gamestop afterwards to my dismay.

This is definitely happening way too often these days.

No, I had a bad experience with them once so i avoid them

Did the order go missing/cancelled to? Or something else?

Thanks for all the responses guy, I thought something weird was going on since about 3 of my last few orders went missing. Glad that now I know to think twice about being enticed by these pre-order bonuses.

They didn't receive in time and they asked too much money just to pre-order

Never pre-ordered with Game personally. Are they giving you anything as compensation?

Also never pre-order with Amazon if you want the game on time. I've had my preorders come at least a day late on 5 or 6 occasions, to the point where I've just given up. Also they don't care when you contact them about it, they just say sorry. I personally use ShopTo.net, they're not the cheapest but they have a good reputation plus if a preorder is late for any reason then they give you £5 back as compensation.

Be sure to check the BLES code on the side of the box. I got 3 games from them once (AC2, Enslaved, and Prince of Persia), and 5 months later I found out Enslaved was the Australian copy and apparently the DLC wasn't compatible, so I had to return it for a new copy.

Never pre-ordered with Game personally. Are they giving you anything as compensation?

Also never pre-order with Amazon if you want the game on time. I've had my preorders come at least a day late on 5 or 6 occasions, to the point where I've just given up. Also they don't care when you contact them about it, they just say sorry. I personally use ShopTo.net, they're not the cheapest but they have a good reputation plus if a preorder is late for any reason then they give you £5 back as compensation.

Na, none whatsoever. I even pointed out its now like £12 cheaper on Amazon. So in the end cancelled it and ordered from Amazon. They basically were like you only have two options order from us or get a refund. I think i'll definitely just preorder from shopto in the future they seem like a much better site.

I have had issues with them in the past (missing orders) so i try my best to stay clear from them, i did however order J-Stars from them because i wanted that artbook and i got it on release day.

Did you order far in advance? BTW is the artbook decent. I couldn't find any pictures of what the UK one looked like.

Be sure to check the BLES code on the side of the box. I got 3 games from them once (AC2, Enslaved, and Prince of Persia), and 5 months later I found out Enslaved was the Australian copy and apparently the DLC wasn't compatible, so I had to return it for a new copy.

Wow, that seriously sucks. I didn't realise they even excepted non UK games, the one near me is very strict I can't even trade in games which have an EU bar code rather than a UK one.

• Like 1

Did you order far in advance? BTW is the artbook decent. I couldn't find any pictures of what the UK one looked like.

I ordered 6 days before release. The artbook isn't bad for a free bonus, it isn't as thick as the stock image depicts it though and it's a soft cover. It gives abit of information on each character and their anime, theres a user manual and an interview with the producer. I tried to take some images to show you but my camera battery died.

I have in the past, their pricing is all over the place. I hate that they hold exclusive stuff as well, it's gives them more powerful to charge outrageous prices. Other then that, they are pretty much top notch. I hear Shop to and gamestop.co.uk  ain't so bad. 

I've been buying almost exclusively at GAME sine 2007 and I'm very happy with the service, pre-order bonuses, renting games at a great price, nice people and it's close to my house. I'm in Spain though, things might be different in other countries but me personally, it's all been a good experience

Yep, but mainly only for their exclusive pre-orders, not to buy standard copies of games as I always go to Amazon for those first since they're always cheaper. 

So far I've been lucky and never had any cancelled or go missing so far, they always seem to ship them out very quickly and have arrived on release day every time so far.

However, I tend to avoid buying from their online sales now after one bad experience. They sent me a gutted copy of Deception IV, which isn't usually a problem if it's in good condition since it should be new after all, but the disc was scratched really badly, the manual torn in several places and a clump of hair was inside of the case. So gross.  :facepalm:

I ordered 6 days before release. The artbook isn't bad for a free bonus, it isn't as thick as the stock image depicts it though and it's a soft cover. It gives abit of information on each character and their anime, theres a user manual and an interview with the producer. I tried to take some images to show you but my camera battery died.

Thanks for trying :), at least I feel slightly less annoyed, it looked thick and like a hardcover from the promo pic.

I've been buying almost exclusively at GAME sine 2007 and I'm very happy with the service, pre-order bonuses, renting games at a great price, nice people and it's close to my house. I'm in Spain though, things might be different in other countries but me personally, it's all been a good experience

Do you only buy in store though? From the store I rarely have any issues as everything is face to face, so if there was an issue I could say something there and then.

Yep, but mainly only for their exclusive pre-orders, not to buy standard copies of games as I always go to Amazon for those first since they're always cheaper. 

So far I've been lucky and never had any cancelled or go missing so far, they always seem to ship them out very quickly and have arrived on release day every time so far.

However, I tend to avoid buying from their online sales now after one bad experience. They sent me a gutted copy of Deception IV, which isn't usually a problem if it's in good condition since it should be new after all, but the disc was scratched really badly, the manual torn in several places and a clump of hair was inside of the case. So gross.  :facepalm:

Oh i forgot they do this I've actually ordered a few games and rather than getting a sealed copy I get one that just has the purple sticker on it.

I actually just renewed my PS Plus subscription from them. Then again it was a code they e-mailed me so there was little room for error tbh. I only did it because Amazon don't sell 1 month codes.

Oh yeah I've bought top up cards from them a bunch of times, as I can get reward points towards more top up cards so my cash goes that little bit further lol.

• Like 2

Never had a problem with the site apart from one time when I had purchased a game labelled "New", turned out to be an "Used" copy, complained to them about it, never received an answer back.  But apart from that they are okay.  They are basically the only online store that won't try and charge me £20+ for ordering a console from them for shipping fees.

Similar experience, purchased two games in the past that turned out to be USA copies....only found this out when I went to trade them back in and GAME wouldn't accept them due to being from a different region (despite selling them to me in the first place)